“Great Stay”
Review of Java Hotel

Java Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Laoag
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Java is one of the best hotels in Laoag. It's our first time to visit Ilocos and having Java as our accommodation was really a fantabulous trip. Room is great, they have a balcony where you can smoke. Beds, A/C, H/C shower are great. Foods are awesome, they have this complimentary breakfast for two people per room. They have also a bar to chill out at night, having a beer just before going to bed.

All in all, I would recommend this place when you travel north . . I'll definitely stay again in Java- AWESOME!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank MafeVillamor

Reviewed November 21, 2011

Booked our stay in this hotel because a friend highly recommended it. We were not disappointed. Its design from the outside looked as if your in indonesia with thatched dome roofs.The rooms itself were quite modern although the walls and ceilings were also like woven mats. The room was spacious and there were 2 double beds as i requested. The bathroom was quite small though but its alright. There was hot water too. Our room also had a balcony where you can sit outside. The restaurant served simple food but tasty. My kids enjoyed the serenade though.
One thing stood out -the staff have been so helpful. My son was sick of fever, and i asked for the food to be brought to our room instead of us dining at the restaurant. They were so understanding as to do our request. They even recommended to take us to a doctor.
We enjoyed our short stay even if my son had the fever, the experience was worth treasuring.

Room Tip: if you are travelling by fours (asians average size), request a room with 2 double beds. Its quite s...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank asensiblechic
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Travelled here August 2011.

This place is elegant, pleasant, beautiful, and lovely. This is one of the newer hotels in Laoag. It is a modern hotel with modern amenities (pool) but at the same time gives an exotic vibe because of its design and decoration. I noticed that the design of the hotel was inspired by the Paoay Church having the same pattern on the panels at the side (the circular or spiral things). Very interesting. At the back of the hotel is a large field of grass and trees and this makes you feel that you are living at the country side. However, the gas station at the front kinda makes you feel that you are living at center of the city. Ironic?

The rooms are top quality and very clean. I like the rattan design of the bedside lamps. The bathroom is excellent and I couldn't ask for anything more for the price we paid.

The food is EXCELLENT. It offers top class Ilocano dishes. This is the place to eat to experience Ilocos Norte food at its finest. The ambience makes a good place to have a drink, too.

The location of the hotel is very ideal for business trips since its is near the Laoag town proper. Although it is farther away from the new CBD of San Nicolas (Robinsons) since this is north of the city.

Overall, we were very satisfied with the hotel. Staff were friendly. Ambience was great. The design alone is enough for me to recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank joseph t
Reviewed October 21, 2011

When I first read about the gas station infront of the hotel, I was a little worried. But my friends and I still decided to check in and stay here because of its exceptional architecture and good reviews. It wasn't a mistake. The hotel is unique and beautiful! Staff were very warm and friendly. The rooms were clean and spacious.. very comfortable! The restaurant also serves delicious food at an affordable price. We tried some local dishes like longganisa and bagnet here and in other restaurants but theirs were the best.

After all the great service and other things the hotel had to offer, we forgot about the gas station. It didn't bother us at all. It actually made it accessible to a convenience store which was nice. Plus, the view of the rice fields from the back was great, very serene and relaxing.

The hotel is definitely a value for money. It was worth more than what we paid for, I would say. Will DEFINITELY stay here again!

Room Tip: Beautiful Rice fields view
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Louise P
Reviewed September 28, 2011

A hotel front of gas station is my very first impression. Rooms were dusty and service was average. Plenty trainees i think. Design was Moroccan and unique. Small pool but they had rock climbing and was interesting. The back is grass fields. Lacks view. Might consider looking for another hotel next time around.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank Jose A
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights during the holy week, and it was a pleasant stay. The receptionist and staff are helpful and polite. The room that we booked was spacious and clean. The restaurant downstairs served amazing grilled salmon. We did not get to enjoy the pool because we were out the whole day touring the city of Laoag. The only downside was the bathroom, it looks like it needs renovation. Also the location of the hotel is a little weird, being situated right in front of a gasoline station, it seems that it is within the property of the gasoline station. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay here. I would recommend this to family and friends.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msdee28
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We stayed overnight at this hotel last August 28, 2011 when Typhoon Mina was still in the area. I felt my family was safe and very comfortable in this abode. Our rooms were supposed to be on the second and third floors but upon request, they gave me an adjacent and connecting room instead. I early appreciate this. Thanks a lot!
It was a very short stay but really felt the warm reception from all the staff. Keep it up. We need more of this for our tourism industry.

Room Tip: They have adjacent and connecting rooms for family. This is excellent for family tours!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank roel s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laoag
Grand Octagon Resort
Laoag Renzo Hotel
Laoag Renzo Hotel
#2 of 12 in Laoag
Rivermount Hotel and Resort

Been to Java Hotel? Share your experiences!