“Reminder of the Past” 3 of 5 bubbles

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Reminder of the Past”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

It is in front of the provincial capitol. I went there early morning before having my breakfast. Nothing much to see but I am impressed by the cleanliness of the park and the provincial capitol. There were workers watering the grass and trees and sweeping dirt.

As I am looking at the monument, I remembered my history class when I was in high school. I imagined how the Filipinos were forced by the Spaniards to plant tobacco. The tobacco monopoly is certainly one of the reasons of Spain's downfall in the Philippines.

It's a great feeling to visit places that you learned in school.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Franztraveler

Bakersfield, California
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Very Nice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Wonderful monument located in the middle of the town square, under trees and numerous areas to sit. Traffic continually circling around the circle. A little dirty with trash flying around and garbage cans needed to be changed, but not too bad considering it was during a fiesta.

Visited February 2012
2 Thank Lynn M
Sta. Rosa, Laguna
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Simple”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

I came here with my ex-bf sighting a Pagudpod-Laoag-Vigan Trip. it was part of our itinerary and all I can say is its a SIMPLE Monument not that extravagant compared to Rizal Park in Manila. Its near a capitol of the city.. I really thought it would be huge.. but still its worth a picture to take. =)

Visited August 2011