I've searched a lot of places to stay for a one night stop over in Laoag and the best I can find is Grand Octagon Resort. We have 3 kids in the family and one of their request is a pool where they can spend time playing. Since it was just a stop over, I did not choose those pricey hotels along the area and settled for this resort.
The place was not hard to find considering that they are along the main road. The place looks quiet and it seems like there are not much people you can see roaming around, maybe it was a low season when we visited them last January. The receptionist is nice and answered most of our queries and request except for a certain lady who I would assume as her superior who are not welcoming at all. We reserved 2 rooms with 2 double beds per room but it was only when we arrived did they arrange the rooms. It was a little bit annoying but we decided to let it go, since it was already late and we are all tired from our Vigan trip. One of the room given to us has a bathroom with a see through door where you can clearly see the person using it from the outside. Although we are a family travelling together, we do want the bathroom to be private. It turned out that the room provided to us was a matrimonial room not a family room. We didn't have a choice but to occupy 3 rooms which had costs us more than the original reservation.
The rooms are okey but I don't like their bathrooms, it's not that clean and fixtures were worn out. Good thing they have hot water which made me sigh in relief. The pool was small and was not well maintained. They have a nice lawn and garden however there are lots of mosquitoes too in the room. We had to request a spray to protect the kids which in fairness they had provided for free.
I think this could be a better place if the management will keep it's cleanliness and if they would renovate their bathrooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Grand Octagon Resort as an invigorating place to retreat from the chaotic city. Walk around the lush tropical gardens, camp on the well-manicured lawns, cement beautiful relationships at the cottage by the pool, appreciate the beauty of greenfields at the sentry like cottages built on century old trees and reflect on how greatly blessed you are. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Octagon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Octagon Hotel Laoag
- Grand Octagon Resort Laoag, Ilocos