“Nothing fancy but served its purpose quite well”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Laoag Renzo Hotel

Laoag Renzo Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Laoag
Las PInas
“Nothing fancy but served its purpose quite well”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

Nice lobby. Parking was a bit tight because the hotel entrance was in front of a narrow road but the following day we found out that they have a guarded vacant lot nearby for parking. Oh well, my parking right in front of the hotel served us well because we did not have to carry our luggage too far.
Check-in process was well and staff was courteous.
No elevators. I reserved two rooms and got assigned on the fourth floor. I requested that the other room be replaced with a third floor unit as my sis in-law has difficulty with stairs. They gladly obliged.
Rooms were clean and even though the hotel is in the city center, we slept well without being bothered by traffic noise.
Buffet breakfast was not too good on the first morning but got a passing grade on me on the second day.
Overall, this hotel served our purpose of getting a good sleep after a day's touring of Ilocos' wonderful spots.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms to save you some effort of climbing another flight of stairs to the 4th floor.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JrlnLP

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

This is a decent hotel in Laoag City. We were able to book it for this Holy Week and they accommodated us over the phone. The room was tiny, the bed was tiny (we got the Standard room), but good thing it was a comfortable stay - they had comforters, there's a fridge, a tv with cable, wi-fi and hot water. Pretty good deal for just P1,100.

Or so we thought. Come check-out time, they were charging us an additional P420 since they said we got a Standard room, which was supposed to be for a single occupancy only. And since, we stayed there as a couple, an extra person would cost more. Number 1, isn't a given for any hotel or motel that a Standard room is supposed to accommodate a maximum of 2 persons? Number 2, conceding this was their policy, my boyfriend wasn't told about this on the phone when he was reserving. He booked the Standard room and said we were a couple. The receptionist just confirmed our reservation and said that the room costs P1,100. Number 3, when we checked in, I was only told that I needed to pay P420 to avail of an extra breakfast. No mention that I was paying because I was an extra person. So I didn't avail of their breakfast buffet because I thought it was too steep.

Anyway, the receptionists must have sensed our irritation, especially mine, so after a few minutes of arguing and explaining, they decided to waive the P420. Thank you Renzo. Just inform your guests next time of your policies!

Another beware: they have no elevators! We were assigned a room on the fourth floor and had to take the stairs the whole time. So better not bring heavy luggage! Although the porters were very nice and helpful. :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank redrained
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days.

Strong Wifi

Clean Room

Clean Hotel

Food is not bad

Grocery / supermarket is within the building

Free use of billiard, chess table.

Cable TV- skycable

Hot and cold shower

even though this is within the city, the place is quiet and far from the city hassle.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank PaulAnthony09
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

I got a standard room for 950/night and had the good luck to avail of their promo of having my 3rd night for free.
The room is very clean. The bed is spacious enough for 2. Ammenities you wouldn't normally find at these rates are really highly appreciated. The room is furnished with an electric kettle, mini fridge, tv, hair dryer, am/fm alarm clock radio. Good a/c. Good cable (a delight after being in much, much more expensive international hotels with only a few cable channels). Great free wifi. Staff are courteous. You also get a complimentary bottle of water, soap and 3-in-1 coffee on the 1st night.
The lack of elevators is a bit of a challenge but is good after all the bagnet, dinacdacan food trips. Not a great fan of the free breakfast buffet but it's filling. I love the location. It is walking distance from the plaza but is not at a busy location to have noisy traffic. It's nice walking the streets with your Ilocos empanada at night. An empanada seller is right long the corner. :) I will definitely come back.

• Stayed January 2012
7 Thank belladonna8
Camiguin, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

All in all I can only recomment this hotel to all. There was a promo at the time i stayed there, dec 2011. I payed 950 for 2 nights for a standard room (sleeps 1, queensize bed though) and got 1 night free, so 633 pr night + free breakfast. - The breakfast was a big disappointment though, should say im a foreigner living in Phil and used to eat filipino food, but still not in my taste..

The room i had was clean, very well decorated with a lot of amenites: hand towels, face towels, towel:), fridge, tv, aircon, hotcold shower, superb wifi, big closet, desk, water kettle, alarm, phone (all sony, panasonic, tefal ect. not the cheap china stuff u'll find on the street, not that it really matters:).. free water and "small oranges".
The romms start at 3rd floor, so atm its not recommended for elders. Was told (dec 2011) they have already started making an elevator (didnt see any evidence of it, so it might still be in the planning stage).

The service/staff is very good! friendly and welcoming..

A VERY nice hotel! I'll come back here for sure if i visit Laoag again.
Just dont hope this review will encourage them to raise the prices:)

1st review from a long time user of tripadvisor. But couldnt let this hotel get unnoticed..
pics wont be applied, as ive messed up the room quite a bit:) But pics on their website is def up to par..

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Dennis U
Bacoor, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2011

I was actually shocked at the low price and high quality of the room! This hotel is worth every peso you will pay for. The rooms are new, spacious, clean, and I'm especially in love with the colors of the hotel's interiors.

Don't let the surroundings and exteriors of the hotel fool you, the hotel is very clean inside. Nice, warm, and helpful staff too.

Next time you're in Laoag, make sure to stay here and ask for a room on a low floor, because there are no elevators in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

buffet breakfast
close to the market
hot shower
accommodating personnel
I also availed of the airport transfers and I arrived at the hotel via a Lincoln Navigator and I only paid P250 one way!

CHALLENGE
stairs!
(no elevator, for your exercise)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
4 Thank lagarista
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laoag
Java Hotel
Rivermount Hotel and Resort
Hotel Luna
Hotel Luna
#1 of 7 in Vigan

Been to Laoag Renzo Hotel? Share your experiences!