“First and last!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Dagupan
toronto
“First and last!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Stayed here for one night on FEB27. The front desk staff needs more training in dealing with guests. What the afternoon shift employee said is different from the morning shift employee. Manager/Supervisor is unprofessional and tried to 'sindak' me in an argument. I never gave in and argued back how confusing their policies are. In the end, they felt sorry. Damage has been done and will never return here.

Rooms are very basic and lacks a lot of amenities. A/C never cooled our 301 room as it is old and needs tobe replaced. Breakfast not included. Too pricey with a bad service. Only the bellman, Adelio, gave us a good service.

Overall, I would not recommend this hotel when you are in Dagupan.

• Stayed February 2014
6 Thank TorontoRaptorfan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We stayed in the hotel for some comfort. They stay was great. Front desk officers are polite and kind and very accommodating. Someone even escorted me to the room. First impression was the smell which I am very familiar about, smell of clorox. This is a stereotype for me since motels I've been to have the same smell upon entering the room. However, when the 15-minute delay of the power in the aircon, the smell was gone. Also, I got a standard room with one bed large bed. But what they did was they just assembled two single beds and put it foam fillers in-between. It's not a big problem, however, it was quite annoying. The remote of the tv needs some life hacks. Room service people are kind and polite as well. I have also enjoyed the Cafe Feliz of the hotel. The ambiance was good. Even the food. It's a bit pricey, but it pays alot. Delicious food and good presentation. Upon checkout, there was a small misunderstanding about the billing however, was immediately fixed. It was a great stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TheLivingZeus
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My experience ,of the Lenox hotel ,has always be very very ,good ,these is my second stay in two years ,these stay has been nearly 3 weeks ,all the staff are very friendly ,and I mean all, from the reception ,to the management,,our room is spacious ,with good. Air con,wifi and tv ,modern and very clean ,in my opinion ,these hotel is the best in the Provence ,I would suggest these hotel ,to any one ,who visits these area ,the Lenox ,is placed ideal ,in the city ,with great ,transport connections ,I will certainly be coming back ,and recommending to all my colleagues ,I thank mr Nathaniel Ainsley chu ,,for running a very professional ,hotel happy new year to you all,

Room Tip: All rooms are super ,great choice and price
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank steve1960896
Baguio, Philippines
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

Don't go to this hotel. I agree with other reviewers, this hotel is opportunistic. Bath tub drainage was clogged. They gave me the double deluxe room, which costs
P3,360, NO BREAKFAST INCLUDED. When I had their breakfast, which was priced at P160 for a Filipino breakfast, the waiter asked what we wanted for drinks, I ordered coffee while my wife ordered hot choco, which we assumed comes with the breakfast. 3in1 coffee n milo was what they served us. They charged us P90 for the Milo, which they didnt inform us that breakfast only comes with coffee. Whenever you asked anybody why is this and this etc. Everybody gives the same answer, " I don't know"

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bogsdesoto

Travelers are raving about these Dagupan hotels

Bern
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed in the Lenox because we had to conduct some business in Dagupan, so me and my wife were going to stay one night only, so not really long. But Boy would this stay have an impact! Once escorted to our room, the power delay did not take the specified 2 minutes but it really took the Aircon and TV and other appliances about 15 minutes to start. Then once the power was on, we thought the world was ending. Never in my life have i heard such an incredibly loud aircon. The rattling was just mindblowing. Even with the Flatscreen TV Volume all the way up we still could not hear the tv due to the noise of the aircon.

Upon calling the desk, noone ever came to fix it. Being used to this kind of treatment in hotels in Philippine rural areas, we just thought what the heck and looked for our earplugs.

Next thing was the restaurant. The Hotel own restaurant brags about it's western Quisine. Turns out, this was also quite an exaggeration. And the simplest Menu changes are super complicated. When i asked if in a menu rice could be exchanged to maccaroni, i was told this was not possible, even though the menu also served maccaroni. Upon talking to the manager he refused to talked to me. After talking back and forth for 15 minutes (!!!) they finally agreed to give us maccaroni on the side, but charging us an additional 150 Pesos, even though they could leave out the rice....

As another reviewer writes here. It really appears that the Hotel is only after the money.

So later on, the night was just anything else but relaxing, the noise, the uncomfortable pillows, and mattress and especially the blanket that must weigh about 40 pounds so you feel like as if you would be in a straight jacket made this stay really uncomfortable and duly not recommendable.

Try and stay away from this hotel!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank seimen_x
Makati
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Currently checked in here for business trip. From the time of arranging our stay here, we have been expereciencing glitches. First, our staff called for a reservation and she was quoted the price posted in the internet. The hotel asked for cash deposit and we did accdg to the posted price. The hotel staff then called us only to inform us that they have changed their price so we have to add to our deposit. Its really a hassle considering the increase that they have made without informing is beforehand and for them to demand the additional deposit. The fact that we have made the deposit is not sufficient sign of earnestness. Then there are so many lacking things inside the rooms, not enough lighting, the delay in the aircon to work, the busted remote control of the tv, no floor rug or hand towel. When we requested for additional key since there are two of us and additional key will provide convenience and mobility for us, the staff were not helpful. Any request in fact or queries takes a long time. The staff are also not familiar with the area when we asked for places to eat which are nearby. When i askf forthe feedback sheet, the staff initially said they dont have it and will give it upon check out.
Since we are staying for a week, hoping that service will improve.
Good point abt this hotel? Its near to the place we need to visit on this business trip.

• Stayed November 2013
5 Thank Nette815
Makati, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed September 4, 2013

There are gray areas in policies on discounts. It feels like the management is only after for the money and not really serious in giving discounts esp for corporate clients. 3 consecutive months of stay is quite unrealistic. I don't know of other hotels with this condition.

Hotel now is under renovation but still accepting guests. If you book online you will be surprised upon checking in at the second floor because the front desk was temporarily moved. There is no prior notice of the renovation.

Room Tip: Ask first what is included in the room type. So you won't be surprised that your free breakfast...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Edu R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dagupan
Star Plaza Hotel
Orchids Hotel
Orchids Hotel
#1 of 5 in Dagupan
Puerto Del Sol Beach Resort

Been to Lenox Hotel? Share your experiences!