“This Hotel Sucks BIG TIME”

Dagupan Village Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Dagupan
Dagupan Village Hotel
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Dagupan
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel is nowhere near the photos seen on the hotel website or on Trip Advisor. As soon as I stepped into the hotel room, I saw a small cockroach. I asked the staff to spray the room while I waited at the cafe. It was dinner time when I arrived. The cafe was unlit and the air-conditioning turned off when I stepped in. After the server gave me the menu, he went into the counter WHERE HE FARTED. So that destroyed my appetite altogether. I simply had hot tea instead of a big meal after having agonized over a five-hour bus ride from Manila (I very seldom travel by bus in these parts). The room given to me had a window but could not be opened, and the door lock was not so secure. I barely slept that night. I checked out first thing in the morning and went straight to my meeting. This was a very horrible hotel experience for me!

Room Tip: Stay out of this hotel and do not be deceived by the photos and reviews seen especially on the hotel...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank EllaOco

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had the chance to visit this hotel just last February during my childhood friend's wedding.

*A perfect getaway destination! Located in the suburb of the bustling Dagupan City, Pangasinan.
*The best customer service thus far I've seen/ experienced in a hotel!
*All-smiles from the staff!
*Security guards were all courteous and polite.
*FRESH air with a touch of seaside aroma.
*Clean and homelike.

DOWNSIDES:

*Access to public transport is semi-hard though the property offers shuttle to and from the city proper (not sure though if it's complimentary). If you have your own car, it's no problemo!
*NOT for party-goers! It's one of those 'have-a-peace-of-mind-here' properties.
*Kinda hard to locate esp. for first timers.

Nothing short to be called EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pinoy_Trekker
Reviewed July 2, 2013

this hotel is simple and elegant. situated in a quiet area of the city yet well within a short distance from the main business and commercial centers of Dagupan. very spacious rooms with very reasonable prices, this is excellent for family or groups or business trips.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank harlijk
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The place is big and one could get lost in the hotel grounds if you're not familiar with it. The staircases are a bit steep and a climb to the second floor fells like you have climbed to the third floor, even though there is no third floor. Yes, that means no elevator.

The room is lock and key type. No card entry here. The room is very spacious and feels like the late 80's or early 90's. The place is generally well-maintained but the age of the place is felt with the old 90's or early 2000's CRT TV and late 90's air conditioning unit. Everything seems to work fine. The bathroom is OK.

The breakfast is buffet. There are servers who will fill your breakfast plate. They are more generous on fish and veggies but will give you lesser quantities on beef or pork. But you can go back for more for seconds. The food quality is average.

It's a modest hotel. Nothing great or fancy about it. Nothing too bad about it. You get what you pay for. The staff are generally helpful. Parking is ample although if the hotel is fully booked, the inner roads to parking can get crowded.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank hitman531ph
Reviewed January 17, 2013

For going five years, coming for vacation in Philippines with my family and three kids like "tom and jerry" .,two to three times a year,... your hotel serves as our home to stay. Well, . the only hotel in Dagupan City who can really "READ THE GUEST" I am referring to all your staffs from front to back-of-the-house who can understand fully the needs and expectations of the guests. It will starts from greeting to dropping-off the customers. What will I say ? it's amazing !! The reliability and responsiveness to help the guests and provide prompt services and above all the staffs ability to convey "trust and confidence" during our stay.
I can mention few names Mr. Ruel supervisory level who always help me park my car conveniently ,Ms. Susan, two sister housekeeping dept.and Michael,Dick and Jess and etc.and all security personnel in charged., THANK YOU always.

Room Tip: any kind of room, staffs knows what rooms we always occupies.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank JoyceSManuel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dagupan
Star Plaza Hotel
#4 of 10 in Dagupan
Orchids Hotel
Orchids Hotel
#1 of 5 in Dagupan

Been to Dagupan Village Hotel? Share your experiences!