My new wife and myself thought we would get away to a different area for our honeymoon. We definitely fulfilled the part about getting away from it all since this place is *very* secluded. The security guard makes sure of this fact too! When you actually get down to the beach, your hotel is the "have" side and right next door is the "have not" side, where dirt-poor people live. Everyone has a great beach to live on and use for sure. An actual Filipino beach with no rocks like this is hard to find! We got a room with a terrace. It added a lot due to the view, but the curtain always getting stuck under the glass door was a bit of a pain. The quality of the rooms is very good (probably near the top)--it even has hot water! They have flat screen televisions with cable, but I wouldn't go to Jaimee's for that. The main reason to visit is that you are entering a facility where you can very much escape the real world and get away from it all. I highly suggest visiting Monday-Thursday so that you don't have to deal with weekend families or parties/special events. We visited Thursday and Friday. Thursday was so far superior that we would never go again on any day other than the Monday-Thursday timeframe for sure. The cook is very good. Many items on the menu are out-of-stock so be prepared for less than half of the things to be available. Their main calling-card is the natural beauty of the location and the fabulous hotel appearance. There still is ongoing construction to an addition on the East Side--so the day hours can be tricky to maneuver around the workers and deal with a little extra noise. I think the lady who manages the place is married to the owner, but I am not sure. They said construction began in 2001-so it shouldn't take too much longer. Once everything gets finished, the rates will probably go even higher and you will have to deal with more other people. Therefore, if you really want to get away from everything, this is a good choice if you afford it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jaimee's Hotel & Resort is a high standard affordable Hotel located in Ibarra Beach and within 10 mins drive of the Southern Leyte capital city of Maasin in the Philippines. The Hotel opened in December of 2008 and has very quickly gained a reputation in the area as a high-end ambiance establishment with great service and excellent food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Jaimees Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jaimees Hotel Southern Leyte
- Jaimees Hotel And Resort
- Jaimees Hotel & Resort Southern Leyte Province, Leyte Island, Philippines