All reviews free flow coffee second home free bicycle service special discount long stay guest house clean rooms comfortable bed ngapali beach beautiful beach beach front villagers minibar mandalay accommodation
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Very friendly staffs, rooms are very clean , Breakfast is great. Some issue with the wi-fi, otherwise, everyone is very beautiful and helpful. we hired a e bike for just 10000 k for whole day. Beach is very near, I would recommend this property to anyone who is looking for mid range accomodation.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
TheVillager L, The Lodge Owner at The Villager Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Dear Ancha A,
Thank you very much for the 5 star review and sharing your wonderful experience on TripAdvisor.
We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our little lodge, the room, service and breakfast, and as well as the friendly staffs. We've now repaired and upgraded wifi while we had some inconvenience during the rainy season.
All of your comments are so compliments for all of us. Our team look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With warmest regards,
The lodge owner

Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for mid range lodge between lexury resort and budget this is the perfect choice. Eventhought it is not international three stars big hote, it is cozy, family type and exectly your second home. This small lodge has only 12 rooms and very closed to the lovely beautiful beach. The rooms are as exectly as you see in online booking site.
The breakfast is excellent. They provide free bicycle and the staff are amazing. They can assist you for airport transfer, flight ticket and snorkeling and fishing trip with very resonable rate. We will definately come back.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Villager L, Owner at The Villager Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2018

Dear omarine2203,
Thank you so much for choosing The villager Lodge and we are thrilled to hear we're a perfect choice for Mid Range.
The team here are very delighted to see your comments starting from location to breakfast services and we are so glad we were able to make your stay with us as memorable as possible, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon!
With best wishes,

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

Among the beaches in Myanmar, I like Ngapali beach as we can go by flight or by buses among the buses- there is VIP buses which is very comfortable to take as we can stretch out and sleep and watch different movies which we prefer.

There is huge hotel development as well, last year 18 hotels as total and currently it becomes 35 hotels based on booking.com...I suppose

Among the hotels, there is beach front which is luxurious and expensive and some are on the main street which is quite cheap and special lodging which is moderate.

So, I choose thoroughly among the special lodging, The Villager Lodge which my friends who stayed at back in holidays give me a contact details to book on new year holidays-(29th December - 7th Jan,2018), hotel manager give me special discount on my long stay through my friends recommendation.
Thank you indeed.

And we were invited to participate in cute little barbecue dinner.
Staffs know how to barbecue the fish and prawns- red snapper is my favorite.

Well last but not the least, breakfast which is in different set of foods made from rice/glutinous rice which is marvelous and bed were comfortable and shower is great.
Thanks for free flow coffee served at all times.

And there is umbrellas and bamboo armed chairs on the beach were very nice as we spent times enjoying the beautiful sea.

We will come back again on my vacation.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Go748359
Villager L, Owner at The Villager Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2018

Dear Sir/Madam,

We do appreciate for your precious time in writing this lovely review and and choosing The Village Lodge for your vacation. We are so happy to hear that you had a memorable stay with us here and thanks a lot for recommendation on hotel, breakfast, free flow of coffee, BBQ dinner and as well as the beach and the environment. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

With warmest regards,

Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

The Villager Lodge was the last station on my vacation after Yangon, Mandalay and Bagan.

The place was nice, clean and the stuff was very friendly and helpful.
We did some mountain biking because it was rainy and I really loved it. The breakfast was really good and I only regret that I just had two nights left to stay there.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Villager L, Owner at The Villager Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2018

Dear Simon H,
Thank you for sharing your experience at our lodge on Tripadvisor and thanks a lot for your stay here with us at The Villager Lodge. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay withus and we'll pass your words to our team members too.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and yes.. at lease couple more days than two nights!
With warmest wishes,

Reviewed October 19, 2017

Ok, let's state firstly that i really love these folks- in the business of business its hard to find sincere, loving folks- but at the Villager Inn it's there.
having stated that, the bed sheets needs to be changed daily, the under bed needs to swept regularly, and they need towels that don't smell of moth balls. Had my laundry sent out and it returned smelly. The place over all in great, and not bad for the price. But, it still needs some work on the overall cleanliness,and the breakfast offerings. Other than that, I for one say, let's all get behind Ms. Ei-Ei Moe, and her endeavor.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Zaji Z
Villager L, Owner at The Villager Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2017

Dear zajiversal,
Thank you for taking your time in sharing about the review on trip advisor. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences and felt sorry that our standard did not meet to your expectation and the rate you have paid.
The improvements that you have suggested are taken note of and will be addressed immediately. Your laundry which is used from outside shop are also informed personally.
Once again, we are truly sorry for the inconveniences caused.
With best wishes,