“Weekend retreat...great moment at Taiping Golf Resort”
Review of Taiping Resort

Taiping Resort
Taiping Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kamunting
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Unplanned weekend retreat at Taiping Golf Resort by calling the front desk reservation at 11.53PM, straight forward booking for two rooms connecting facing the pool, done in less than 10mins.

Arrived at the resort around 02:35PM for check-in and to my surprise the front desk staff informed me that the booking was never been done on their system under my name! After few minutes arguing with another front desk staff, they finally got me the two rooms connecting just what I have booked but on a different floor not the ground floor facing the pool.

After paid-out the total amount for two rooms, the rest are history with wonderful and great short weekend retreat with the kids.

Breakfast for two pax is included with the room rates and all in with taxes and charges. Additional pax per person only have to pay MYR20.00 with decent breakfast choice at the golf club eatery.

Kids like to swim at the pool but found out that "outsiders are allowed" as well using the pool facilities. As a local, I just close my eyes and informed the kids that the "outsiders" could be the hotel staff family members staying around the hotel and they are allowed to use the pool facilities, maybe! Requested twice from the "lifeguard" for pool towels but twice the request has been turned down with an excuses that the pool towels are very limited for hotel guests! What the fish!

Overall kids did not enjoy their swimming activities at the pool and I personally advise the hotel pool is not for foreign guests if they like much on swimming activities.

Overall stay at the hotel is nice for me and family with a decent room rates and room facilities. Hotel management need to address areas that need an improvement - booking system, pool facilities and its policy not to allow outsiders to use it and rooms maintenance interior and exterior as it has shown its aging, maybe new layer of paint and touch up will bring back the hotel facelift.

Since this is a weekend family retreat, I found out that Taiping Sentral beside Tesco in Kamunting town which is about 4KM away from the hotel is consider decent place to have casual lunch and dinner as I can buy the kids foods I normally found in Kuala Lumpur.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the hills if you like quite moment as if you choose the rooms facing the golf r...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank BozAurora

Reviewed January 26, 2012

Value for money, clean and accommodation within acceptable range.
breakfast included with shuttle to the club house.
surrounding very peaceful,10 minutes drive to taiping lake and 15minutes to taiping town area.
bycycle rental and pickup provided for taiping tour with friendly guide

Room Tip: look for higher level
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank junkopile
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Taiping is my father's hometown and we come back for the holidays quite a bit and have stayed in most of the 4-star hotels in Taiping. To me, my stay in Taiping Golf Resort was the best so far, especially for a longer period of stay. Yes, it was a little far out from Taiping town and it is almost a 15-20 minutes drive to town but it was well worth it. The breakfast spread is the best in comparison to all the hotels in Taiping!!! The rooms were spacious. The facilities were pretty basic. Service wise, there is room for improvement. Otherwise, it was a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: This is a condotel, so there are some hotel facilities that are no provided, so, bring your own toil...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank MSeelan
Reviewed September 4, 2011

We stayed here for 01 night during festive season. The hotel was fully booked. I love coming to this hotel. The drive to the resort always feel so serene and relaxing. Away from hustle and bustle of traffic. You do need a car to stay here or else you will be limited to eating at this resort restaurant only as its quite a distance to Taiping town centre. We were welcomed by a charming and friendly receptionist. Nothing was a hassle to her. We got to our room facing the golf course. The room look tired and in need of updating. It is starting to show its age. I do hope the management will do something about or else it will be another great resort down the drain. Even though the room is a bit dated and tired, this resort will always be our choice whenever we are here in Taiping.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kaminski
Reviewed April 29, 2010

My first time have a night stay at Taiping Hotel it is very easy navigate by Garmin from Penang use north-south highway. The place is very quiet cool located near hill site and its room is big,clean and well arranged furnitures. I take a chance go to safari night Zoo Taiping, Malay Bazar in Taiping Town is good for shopping and variety of malay foods...please try special "Asam Pedas" at one restaurant. I will plan more days stay next time. If you choose to stay lazy in the room I suggest buy pre-cook foods for dinner use microwave provided.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rosli I
Reviewed December 19, 2009

Another getaway to another town of Perak with my love partner. I drove to this resort in the late evening and had no difficulties locating this place. Its situated 10-15mins drive from the city. Just as any other golf resort, this place is not very accessible by public transport.
The room is fairly spacious, clean and it has a microwave which i dont quite find it in any other resorts. During my stay, it was very quiet as there's not much guests staying at that time. But it doesnt have a water boiler, and you need to request hot water from the reception.
My promotion rate does not include breakfast. I had my meals in taiping town, and the food is cheap and nice.
Overall, not bad during my stay. Affordable resort.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank just-travel-it
Reviewed February 9, 2009

we had a lovely 3days/2nights stay in this resort. the accommodation was excellent, clean, with big room, a large balcony with chairs, very calm view.
The only area which I would improve is breakfast - syrup juice instead of fresh juice in the breakfast buffet, also very limited selection of western food for breakfast.
But overall very satisfied and I think this is one of the best accommodations in Taiping - suitable for business or families.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank zuzanocka
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kamunting
Sentosa Villa
#1 of 16 in Taiping
Flemington Hotel
Flemington Hotel
#6 of 16 in Taiping

Been to Taiping Resort? Share your experiences!