“Good for sleep bad for tour”
Review of Nice Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phonsavan
Nice Guest House
Ranked #5 of 33 Phonsavan B&B and Inns
Delft, The Netherlands
“Good for sleep bad for tour”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The guesthouse is okay and they can book Tours but... we booked a tour and they forgot one part of it so we didnt see the whisky village. Also water was included but everybody only did get one little can for all day long.
The next day we booked a vip bus to thakhek end ended up in local bus which took a long time and was less comfortable. So for sleeping its fine, for travel not.

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I can't complain about Nice guest house, but can't say I'll remember it for years to come either. It was clean and the staff were helpful. Most guesthouses in Phonsavan are on the main drag, so they're a bit noisy, but our room was generally quiet at night.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dbmonty
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I think this guesthouse is reflected in its name. It's clean, reasonably priced, fine for a stay in Phonsavanh. I had some laundry done, which was very reasonable.

The shower could have been hotter, but I gather that is a problem in most guesthouses

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in July purely to visit the Plain of Jars. The rooms were average, and having just come from Luang Prabang where i'd only paid a little bit more for a much better room, I was disappointed. The bathroom was tiny (considering it was a wet room, there really wasn't much room to shower, and the cleanliness probably left a bit to be desired). I also think there was a rodent of some sort living in my room.

However, I had read reviews about not booking the tours with these guys (after i'd booked the tour, i'd looked up reviews once i'd gotten the wifi to work), but I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed my tour. I don't know if sometimes they run them themselves and other times they get a company to do it, but I think i was on one with another company and I enjouyed it immensly.

The UXO information centre is also worth a look.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Nice guesthouse was good enough for one nice. Rooms are cheap plain and simple although can be noisy with the busy roads outside which start up from 5am. When staying here make sure you visit both MAG and UXO centres across the road. There both very educational on the damage bombs are still causing to the local people and projects they are working to improve living conditions for those effected. They also provide documentaries on those who lived through the secret war on Laos.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv District, Israel
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

For the price we paid and in a town like phonsavan I could rank it higher. During a trip to southeast Asia we ran into nice guesthouse, the owners English wasn't that great but they were helpful, the rooms are basic but indeed are clean, and the bed indeed was comfortable. If you run into this town, I would recommend it.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Edokon
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed December 9, 2013

There’s not a lot of choice in Phonsavan (of places to stay or to eat) but this place is OK and it is possible to book online. The room was a decent size, cable TV was included and it was right in the centre of the main street. I didn’t experience any of the problems with smells or dirty sheets but I was kept awake one night by rain falling on what must have been a metal roof next to my room. This was the only place I stayed in Laos where breakfast was not included. The wi-fi didn’t reach my room and they switched it off at night but I could get a signal down near the reception.

I never really saw anyone on the front desk during my stay but a tout attached himself to me at the airport (Mr Vong – he seems known around town for this behaviour) and “tried” to con me into purchasing one of his incredibly over-priced tours. I’m not convinced that he wasn’t something to do with the guesthouse, as they made no attempt to get rid of him when I wasn’t interested.

Room Tip: The upstairs rooms are quieter because there are fewer people walking by outside.