“Perfect!”

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014

The. Best. Pizza. And I should know as I cook it, live near one of the best pizza restaurants in London and regularly go to Italy and can confidently identify not very good pizza IN Italy. The pizza at Luka in Vang Vieng is amazingly great and it tasted like I was back in Tuscany at a really good pizzeria. The crust as discussed in an earlier review is thin and crispy. The mozzarella is imported - I asked because it was too amazingly good and authentic to be local. The tomato sauce is delicious and neither too thin or too thick and the toppings - especially the artichoke - are what you get in Italy. We had the Ham pizza and the Artichoke and the Margarita (not on the menu but you can ask for it). They were all wonderful and a nice break from eating Lao or Thai food after a week and a half. Our 8 year old son played very happily with the restaurant namesake, Luka (4) who invited him to play on his bike and up in his bedroom. The wine was great too as was the Pastis. The hosts are delightful and speak fluent French and English as well as Lao. A previous reviewer said this is the best pizza in South east asia and although I've only ever had pizza at a posh resort in Singapore, I'm 100% confident the reviewer was absolutely correct! Shoot, this is probably the best pizza outside Italy.

There are newer reviews for Pizza Luka

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Must-try: the BBQ garlic prawn starter and the "shaking veal" dish - both are awesome. Service is extremely good - so friendly and willing to please. Good wine list too - once ordered a bottle of Veuve Clicquot here, which was a lovely surprise at an Asian resto

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is thin crust pizza - more European and gourmet than a Chicago deep dish, but so fantastic. The setting is cool, a little front yard with a tiki-style bar and a pizza oven, with a candle on your table. The cheese and herbs were great, and it was a very welcome change to all the Asian food we have been having (which is also good!). The price was about what I expected - 60,000 kip or $7-8 USD for a very generous sized pizza.

I would highly recommend this place and I commend the effort put in to hand-making every pie! It was delicious and I'm sure we will be back before leaving VV :)

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Awesone Pizza probably the best in country. Had the Ham and my friends had Sausage and the Luka Pizza.

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is a house located on the same street as Adam's Climbing School. After 6 pm, he makes delicious thin crust pizzas using a wood-fired clay oven for 60,000 kip each - it takes a little while since he can only do one at a time, but it's definitely worth the wait. We went twice and tried 3 different types of pizza, but I think the ham one is definitely the best. Simple yet very cheesy, slightly crispy, and just delicious!

1  Thank redeyeblues