“worth having a meal here. really really good food!”
Review of Viman Vang Vieng

Viman Vang Vieng
Ranked #2 of 87 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Cuisines: German, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This restaurant has original dishes as in Thailand and Germany, where the cook comes from.
Reviewed February 3, 2014

while on a walk on the other side of the river we discovered Viman Vang Vieng and Mr. Kaz. He really is a master chef and a delightful man. He runs a one man kitchen, being the chef and server. While we waited for our food it was great to sit and watch the river go by. He cooked my husband a potato dish that reminded him of his mother's growing up in Holland though it was German. It was delicious. He helped us decide what to order and somehow makes what we had very tasty. I think its the best dinner we had after 6 days in Vang Vieng. We went 2 nights in a row. Its well worth making it over there and really only right across the bridge and on your left. Its the first thing you hit so its not far. All the food we had was tasty and cooked fresh. Compared to some of the other meals we had this was 90% better. Thank you Mr. Kaz! I highly recommend this restaurant.

VimanV, Manager at Viman Vang Vieng, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear guests!

Viman Vang Vieng is now in the new address at the street, which from the old airport or city entrance leads to Silver Naga Hotel and Hospital. The Restaurant has now music bar for jam session and a gallery. I enjoy to meet you again and wish you all the best!

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Great little restaurant on the river, Mr. Kaz is such a nice guy, happy to chat and a great cook. The rindersuppe was amazing, a little more expensive than the local dishes but still great prices. Definitely recommend the lime Radler, brewed while you wait and so refreshing.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Me and my wife have been in vang vieng on vacation for 5 years and love the small village, view and the amazing people who live here, but we have not quite find the perfect dinning. Today when we took a little ride on cyckeln we stopped at a small cozy restaurant on the island side just to the left after you have crossed the bridge. We ordered a three course menu and everything just melted in your mouth and the fine wine that you order from the friendly waiter was just how good. Thanks and we come again.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I ate a pad with rice and vegetables with chicken.
first, the portion was very small, specially for that price, I'm not sure if it was really chicken, and there were only about 3-4 pieces in it.
The cook offered me to taste another piece of chicken, what I didn't do. My friends meal was OK but also very small portions.

VimanV, Inhaber at Viman Vang Vieng, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Next time I can recommend you to order not the cheapest dish!! , best a chicken steak! Why can you expect a dish for 25 Tkp for more?! And the portion of fried sticky rice was big enough, with some "real" chicken slice. What you told me bad about the others restaurant in Vang Vieng, now I can understand the reason!!

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Small cute riverside restaurant run by a very kind man passionate about his German and Thai culture and food. Enjoyed his homemade lime beer- really delicious and had a nice baked potato dish. A bit more expensive than the standard place here in vang Vieng but worth it.