“Very nice, try it out!”
Review of Viman Vang Vieng

Viman Vang Vieng
Ranked #2 of 83 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Cuisines: German, Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: This restaurant has original dishes as in Thailand and Germany, where the cook comes from.
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Small cute riverside restaurant run by a very kind man passionate about his German and Thai culture and food. Enjoyed his homemade lime beer- really delicious and had a nice baked potato dish. A bit more expensive than the standard place here in vang Vieng but worth it.

VimanV, Manager at Viman Vang Vieng, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear guests!

Viman Vang Vieng is now in the new address at the street, which from the old airport or city entrance leads to Silver Naga Hotel and Hospital. The Restaurant has now music bar for jam session and a gallery. I enjoy to meet you again and wish you all the best!

There are newer reviews for Viman Vang Vieng

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Just a perfect place...
In the beginning I was a bit disappointed paying a toll to get to the other side of the bridge, I hoped the food was worth it...It was worth every kip! I had a green thai curry, because I love this dish and I hoped it would be really extraordinary :) and it was...the best green curry I've ever had. And yes, we already were in Thailand...Mr. Kaz put som special herbs I guess and it was absolutely delicious! I just wanted to eat more and more...My husband had a pork schnitzel, again amazing! Soft and juicy pork covered with special crust, with thin baked potatoes, we couldn't stop eating it... after that we ordered radler, kind of a big expectations after all the reviews here, and again, something I never had before...it came with a whipped foam and I just can't find words to describe it...make sure you'll have it when you get there. Bravo Mr. Kaz, you made our day!

Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

Based on the others reviews, I was little bit sceptic because it looked too good to be true. However, it absolutely lived up to the expectation. A pork schnitzel was lovely, lime limonade fantastic and radler the best I've ever had.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I went several times to Mr. Kaz and tried a lot of his food. Mr. Kaz and me became friends so I helped him a little bit to decorate and Schnaps was on him. hehe. The Masaman Curry is outstanding. The German food (especially the schnitzel) is a little bit different than in Austria but not less good. I can highly recommend the curry wurst with Bratkatoffel and the Schokopudding. It is a shame that the restaurant is not visited by more people so Mr Kaz is service and chef and manager... the problem is you have to go over the bridge were u pay between 4000 and 10000 kip depending if u go by motorbike or by feet. See it as 40cent for an awesome view to the river and very good prices underlined by the friendly Mr. Kaz. It is the kind of place where food tastes like at home and a chef cooking with love.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Mr Kaz is a Thai chef now living in Vang Vieng. My husband and I each had laap (fish and beef) at his restaurant and it was by far the best we had in our three weeks in Laos. After we had ordered the laap Mr Kaz went downstairs to his herb garden to pick the herbs for the lapp then indulged us in showing us the herbs and sharing why he had chosen them whilst we drank the gorgeous Radler everyone mentions. We LOVED the food and returned in the evening for dinner and yes his Schnitzel is definitely worth seeking out - FABULOUS. The restaurant is a quiet haven overlooking the river and Mr Kaz is the most charming and interesting of men. A kind and generous soul whose heart is thrown into his cooking. Do go there, its not far from the main highway and most definitely worth the small effort of seeking out. Annoyingly we discovered the restaurant on our last day. Mr Kaz, a great big thank you from Tony and Val.