“menu looks good - but what you get is not so great.”
Review of Veggie Tables

Veggie Tables
Ranked #26 of 84 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The staff did not speak english much at all.
I ordered the veg and tofu with curry sauce and a fresh carrot juice- confirming with the lady i didnt want rice or ice ..
I got rice, and ice, and a curry sauce with a few squares of tofu and barely any veg that i could see!! (i dont eat rice so the actual veg and tofu serve was soo small i ended up walking down the road for dinner, take 2 )
So i would say in my experience, it is overpriced, not so tasty, and you don't exactly get what it says on the menu .

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I had dinner there with two vegetarian friends. I ordered curry tofu and the others had sweet sour tofu and pumpkin burger as well. The food was superisingly good and the size was large. Mango lassi was yummy and cheap. Staff were understandable and efficient. I liked this restaurant.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Hi. In theory, the menu has some good options if you are vegetarian but what they bring you is not very good at all. Oily, a lot of rice and really not appealing. The service is very slow and the waitstaff spends all their time either sleeping on the lounge like tables or watching TV. What was the worst for me was after ordering a papaya salad with sticky rice, I waited for 20 minutes (after my wife's dish came out 15 minutes earlier). At that point, I asked when mine was coming and they then told me they had no papaya. I left and went down the street to the Inthira hotel and had a lovely meal. Despite looking appealing if you are into healthy food, it really isn't. And the spare tires hanging on the walls as decor should be a tip off

1  Thank CMorton72
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We went to this place to eat some vegetarian food. I had the pumpkin burger and it was alright. There are no fans in the restaurant though and during the evening the sun shines in making it quite hot. I would suggest going for lunch instead.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Food was quite nice, small portion for the price. Nice, varied menu. Target audience is tourists so expect tourist price and standard then you will be pleased.