“GREAT DAY, GREAT TOUR, GREAT TEACHER”

Uncle Tom's Trails - Private Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 12 Tours in Vang Vieng
More attraction details
Owner description: Uncle Toms is a dirt bike tour operator offering tours and riding tuition (for total beginners) in the Kasi region of Laos PDR. 125cc four stroke trail bikes. plus smaller for training,British operator. Always best to book in advance due to limited places each day. Training is limited to two persons at one time and open to anyone over 5 feet 5 inches(165cm)on the full sized bikes, but we now have smaller bikes for anyone who is a bit smaller. Due to the rapid changes recently in Vang Vieng town,we have moved location, now we are based in the amazing Kasi District which is 55 kilometers north of Vang Vieng town.
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had a great bike tour with Uncle Tom's Trail. I've never ridden a motorbike before and the only experience I had, were 3 rides with a semi-automatic scooter. Tom is a great teacher and explained in steps how to ride a real motorbike. Within 30 minutes I was ready to ride the cross motor and I felt so great. I never thought it was going to be so easy. Tom makes you feel at ease and confident. He really knows what he's talking about. Moreover he's a fun and charismatic guy to hang out with. We went for a beautiful ride on mountain roads around the lake and off-road through jungle. Some tracks I was surprised I could do since I didn't have any experience at all. It was exhilarating, exciting and challenging. I'm going for a motor license when I'm back home in Holland and I'm sure Tom's lessons will give me an advantage. My husband on the other hand got his license 9 years ago but hasn't ridden since. Tom gave him a bike, a few instructions and he was free to go. Once you know how to ride a motorbike apparently you never forget. Although Tom paid most attention to me because I had to learn how to ride and therefor we had to slow down sometimes on difficult and challenging paths, my husband had a great time too. The scenic and adventurous tour we made is also nice for experienced riders. Tom manages to mix teaching beginners and guiding more experienced riders so it's fun for everybody. If you have the time in Vang Vieng and you want to try riding a motorbike be sure to go to Uncle Tom's Trail. He's located 20 km outside of Vang Vieng at the Blue Lagoon Resort, a beautiful and relaxing place on the road to Vientiane. You can also book a bungalow at the resort. It's not expensive and the surroundings are breathtaking. By the way, if you know how to ride a bike (off-road) you can also talk to Tom about making a fun and scenic tour. Thank you Tom for a great day, beautiful tour and teaching me how to ride a motorbike! We loved every minute of it.

1  Thank ItalianGrace

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We were beginners, before we came to Uncle Toms Motorbike Lessons and didn't regret it at all:

-small groups (private lesson)
-price is resonable
-great view and landscapes
-most patient teacher

Uncle Tom figured out, how to teach my boyfriend (very courageous) and me (more scared and respectfull) at the same time, without disregarding anyone of us, what we really appreciated!

Thanks Tom for introducing us in the life of Motorbikes, it was definetly not the last time for us!

1  Thank Valentina F
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Stop searching for other activities in Vang Vieng and give Tom a ring! Best thing we did in a while! Two inexperienced riders were taught in short time how to ride without rushing it. Really good fun all thanks to Tom! Great guy, great way to spend the day and in the end you actually learned something!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Literally off the main roads! I've ridden manual motorcycles before, but haven't done that for a little while now. Tom took me to an empty plot of land for a trial run before hitting the real stuff. He has one small bike (if you're a shorty like me) and the rest are pretty high.

The trials are amazing! Hard, yet not too hard. I also picked up a few biking tips from him ;) The places he'll bring you to are beautiful in scenary, very much different from what you see in vang vieng town.

As I did a half day session with him, I had the chance to do jet skiing after lunch. The resort also has a nice 'party' boat which was newly built then and he invited me to join him and his friends for a tour out to feed the monkeys.

On my way back to VV, my rental bike broke down and I turned back to spend the night at the resort. It turned out to be a blessing in disguise as this place is so serene at night. Don't miss out on the resort and Uncle Tom's trials. Many people have loved it and you will too :)

1  Thank drgdg
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We went there for a half day tour. Tom is very nice and the resort is beautiful. The 4 hours drive with tom was incredible!! We recommend it very much!'

1  Thank Omriro1234