“Safe, fun amazing if you visit vang vieng come here !”

Uncle Tom's Trails - Private Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 12 Tours in Vang Vieng
More attraction details
Owner description: Uncle Toms is a dirt bike tour operator offering tours and riding tuition (for total beginners) in the Kasi region of Laos PDR. 125cc four stroke trail bikes. plus smaller for training,British operator. Always best to book in advance due to limited places each day. Training is limited to two persons at one time and open to anyone over 5 feet 5 inches(165cm)on the full sized bikes, but we now have smaller bikes for anyone who is a bit smaller. Due to the rapid changes recently in Vang Vieng town,we have moved location, now we are based in the amazing Kasi District which is 55 kilometers north of Vang Vieng town.
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Myself and my partner are both novices by all means when riding dirt bikes we did the half day trip and after 45mins of practice we were up and running. I felt safe and in control at all times due to toms teaching. We saw some amazing areas and views. Do this and experience the true vang vieng. Not the T.V bars and BS. Bring some sunnys and sunscreen and some local dosh for bridge crossings also long pants if you want but not a must. Great value for money and learnt a skill for life thanks tom Ryan and Courtney !

2  Thank ryanzred

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We drove around the backroads of Vang Vieng guided by Tom Jones lookalike Steven. It was a very pleasant way to discover a bit of the backroads of Laos, unthreatened by traffic and the need to keep track of our bearings. The bikes were good, we enjoyed the company of Uncle Tom and saw some lovely scenery.

Well worth the money!

3  Thank Bernhard F
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was one of the main highlights of my holiday. Not only having a fantastic time on the motorbikes sightseeing, but Uncle Tom is a hell of a laugh!! He devoted his time making sure I was safe and enjoying myself, which I was!! I would highly recommend going to Uncle Tom's and having a tour, even if it's just to meet him!! What a great guy. See you again soon Tom!!
Joskii.

3  Thank poptartjozzy
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Recently Tom has installed a device to help a beginner with clutch control, its inside and out of the sun. It makes me so easy to learn, cool! If you want to learn, this is the place to go.

Tom will even devote a half or a whole day on a "one to one" basis if needed.

Uncle Tom is kind and helpful.
Thank you and see you again Uncle Tom.

3  Thank Korn K
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Thoroughly recommended for beginners or experienced riders -
Tom can give you a trip to suit your experience.

He has a lifetime of experience of bikes and biking, maintains his own bikes (maintenance of most hire-bikes in Laos is generally poor to non-existent) and will only do escorted tours.

I had never ridden a geared motorcycle.

Luckily Tom was free all day when I wandered into his shop having seen a poster in a cafe that mentioned tuition.

He gave me some practical instruction, being careful to make sure I "got" everything I was doing to control the bike and always knowing just how far to let me take control at each stage.

Then we did the Vang Vieng "Loop" which is a great beginner ride.
Tom also knows some WOW! mountain trails if you are an experienced biker. He can also take you pillion if that suits you better.

Book this guy!