“The best way to see the real Vang!”

Uncle Tom's Trails - Private Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 12 Tours in Vang Vieng
More attraction details
Owner description: Uncle Toms is a dirt bike tour operator offering tours and riding tuition (for total beginners) in the Kasi region of Laos PDR. 125cc four stroke trail bikes. plus smaller for training,British operator. Always best to book in advance due to limited places each day. Training is limited to two persons at one time and open to anyone over 5 feet 5 inches(165cm)on the full sized bikes, but we now have smaller bikes for anyone who is a bit smaller. Due to the rapid changes recently in Vang Vieng town,we have moved location, now we are based in the amazing Kasi District which is 55 kilometers north of Vang Vieng town.
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My friend was keen on taking a motorbike trip with Uncle Tom, and since I didn't have any experience riding a motorbike, Tom let me hop on the back. We did the full day, and it was without of doubt on of my favorite experiences in Laos. The scenic roads he took us to, and the impromptu bridge jump with the local kids, the local villages on the outskirts...it was an extremely memorable day.

Tom is also such a kind, funny, friendly guy, you're bound to have a great time no matter.

If you want to see some real local Lao areas, this has been the one of the more successful adventures as Tom has taken some time to really scout out some worthwhile places.

Definitely a must do! Go see this awesome guy!

2  Thank Barbara B
There are newer reviews for Uncle Tom's Trails - Private Day Tours

Reviewed September 11, 2012

First experience on a dirt bike, very nice, I love it. Uncle Tom is very kind and helped me getting started with the almost brand new bike. We did the West loop, and saw a couple small villages, a nice viewing point on a new road into the mountains, stopped at a river where you can swimm and after that we did two really nice dirty tracks. Got stuck a couple of times, but it shouldn't be to easy. I really recommended to do this tour, lots of fun for a very fair price.

1  Thank 87JdM87
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My first time in Laos, i was happy to meet Uncle Tom and get the chance to go on a dirt bike tour with him. I have to say, after travelling many places in the world, the countryside of Vang Vieng is the most spectacluar scenery i have ever seen. The mountains, rivers, caves, waterfalls and riding through villages in the middle of nowhere was unbelievable. I had not riden a bike for a long time and Uncle Tom made me feel confident after only 5 minutes of instruction.

Uncle Tom is a great guy and easy to get along with, he is very patient and you can tell he just loves to show new people around and makes you feel more than welcome.

I would recommend his tour to anyone. I liked it so much that I went back the next day and done another tour on a different route. I can't wait to get back there again and have plans to go again next year.

Vang Vieng is well known for its tubing which was good fun but couldn't compare it to Toms tours. I hope more people get the chance to meet and tour with Tom to make Vang Vieng famous for Uncle Toms Dirt Bike Tours.

5  Thank Jason D
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Of the 3 months i spent travelling around Thailand/Laos, this was one of the most memorable experiences! The scenery is simply breathtaking, not to mention the freshly cut trails and local villages we passed through. Uncle Tom is a great character to tour with too, he loves a laugh and will put a smile on your face! A friend I was with had only ridden once or twice before, Tom really helped him get to grips with the bike, and by the end of the tour he was as confident as the rest of us.
I highly recommend this to anyone who visits Laos, its a fantastic experience.
Thank you Tom!

4  Thank pearson323
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Uncle Tom took me up the dirt track. As odd as this may sound it was one of the best experiences I had on my travels in south east asia. Let me get that straight. I had never ridden a bike before. It took Tom 20 minutes to get me ready for the road. From then on it was just one hell of a blast. I couldn't even tell what was more exiting the bike riding or the scenery. I could have done this all day long. Tom is an expert on the area. He takes you to remote villages where the kids line up to greet you because they are still curious about foreigners. There are places around Vang Vieng that will just leave you with a dropped down jaw and the wish to stay there for ever. And there is no better way to get around than taking one of Toms dirt bikes. He is fun to be around and made my trip incredibly joyful. If you have a couple of spare days go for one of the tours he offers. You will love it. Easily the best attraction in Vang Vieng.

2  Thank ReneDurden