“Very "OK"”

Chilllao Youth Hostel Guesthouse
Langkawi, Malaysia
“Very "OK"”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Probably between average and very good - very OK. Average rooms, pretty good staff, good times nearby. Pretty good place to sleep if everything's all fuzzy anyways, like Vang Vieng was for me most of the time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank koimukleahee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Laos
Reviewed January 6, 2013

staying at chilao hotel now, I pay 40,000 kip for my room and have had no problems. I can't believe that in 2013 there is a place in the world where you can still get a private hotel room for under 4 quid! I want to recomend this hotel to anyone who visits Laos and I also want to thank terry for helping us with the kayaking tour. Seee you next time. Khob jai lai lai der ! ( means thank you)

Room Tip: Room 308 has a "cloud" bed for those of you who want bouncy
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bali
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed here a year ago and spent christmas with the chilllao family. It is the BEST (budget hotel) that I have seen in my 4 years of travelling. My room was clean and had wifi 3/4 bars on the second floor. out of Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam and Laos I would say that CHILLLAO IS the best "bang for the buck" as they say.... Meat stand Fruit Shake and Fruit stands are all right across the street along with Joint Development bank and a western union... as for the tubing, you can even have them pick you up here any time before 15:00... They also sorted out my bus ticket to the 4000 island which was an AMAZING place to see.

Room Tip: I checked a few before I chose mine..... they are allll basically the same but some beds are harder...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
london
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great place to stay, very inexpensive and is very close to everything. only a couple hundred meters to QBAR as well as the tubing rental place. We stayed here for a week even though we only planned on 3 days, I guess we got stuck you could say. Rented bicycles across the street for only a dollar a day yippeeeeee

Room Tip: Just bring a few quid and a smile and you should be "good to go"
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Korat
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I've been staying for 4 days at the Chilllllllao. The stay was really nice and so are the staff, in the end I was almost sorry to leave.
Upon arriving I found myself in a valley of smiles from the very first person I met Laura. She explained everything I had available and gave me a cable for internet access and the password to use the service very quickly.
Entering the room, it was clean and quiet (couldn't hear a noise). The bathroom is also spacious and very clean. The shower seems to be bigger than my house. ( I have small house)
The bed was one thing that if I could take home, I would have done. Hard in the right places and comfortable....
Very rich and tasty breakfast next door, I love scrambled eggs,and I found the best around. Chocolate Brioche also were fantastic. With each breakfast I became more spoiled.

On the Wednesday of the week, when I was at Chilllao was ASEM summit ceremony. I saw it at the stadium, Vientiane this was

These are the things that made me enjoy my stay at this hotel, but my warmest congratulations to the hotel for their choice of personnel. They know how to really make you feel at home, and if you need anything it is like asking a family member. Congratulations from the heart, you were fantastic.

Room Tip: Checkout any time but let them know first. I leave at 16:00 but put bag in special room first
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
siem reap
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Friendly, family run hostel, and great value for money too. The staff are really helpful if you need any assistance or information about anything, and I met a lot of great people just by staying in the dorm. It's also not right next to the main nightlife area, but easily withing walking distance (Vang Vieng is a very small town), that you won't be disturbed by the noise at night. Free wifi, and free coffee in the morning too. What more could you want. Definitely going to stay there again the next time I'm in Vang Vieng! One last thing, the balcony at the back has great views of the sunrise if you're up early..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank simon b
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Stayed there for almost 3 weeks in september. Cheap (especially if you stay for longer), central, clean, very friendly staff and good internet. The owner Terry gives good advice on dos and donts in Vang Vieng and invited me to have fish bbq with his family. Definitely gonna stay there again next time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo