All reviewsthe riverbeautiful hotelluang prabangnam song riverswimming poolgreat poolfirst floorour room was spaciousspent nights hereegg stationbreakfast buffetbusy townlimestone mountainsstunning viewstoll bridgeacross the bridgestayed longer
Reviewed April 30, 2013

wouldn't hesitate where to stay if you're staying in vang vieng, this place really has it all. very friendly staff, clean, quiet, great pool and rooms, riverside and stunning views on the mountains. no brainer!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoelB
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We found the real charm of this hotel to be its simplicity - clean and comfortable rooms, a good restaurant/bar and a pool with the most spectacular views that one could hope for.
One sits outside in the evening, deafened by crickets, nursing one's gin and tonic or Beer Lao and looking out at the limestone cliffs rearing up across the river, while children in their dozens splash and frolic around the stanchions of the rather rickety bridge next to the hotel.
The rooms were light, cool and elegant. At first we thought, "Where are the mosquito nets?"; then after a while we thought, "Where are the mosquitoes?"
The service was wonderful. I only realised that I had left my swimming trunks on our balcony when I found them in Luang Prabang several hours later, tied carefully to my suitcase.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 9, 2013

With closures last year of the ramshackle bars along the notorious tubing route, Vang Vieng is rebranding itself as a nature / activity destination and Riverside Boutique is perfectly positioned as the only luxury property in town.

I'm surprised that it got such an amazing location despite being open for less than a near, but suffice to say, the stay is worth it simply for what may be the most scenic pool in SE Asia. Set directly overlooking the river, with the limestone mountains reflected on surface of the pool, I could've easily sat there for days.

A 7-10 minute walk into the two road town, and there are plenty of food options. The pretty wooden bridge next to the hotel's entrance leads to the Blue Lagoon, a great place to chill out for half a day.

I liked the simple ethnic decor of the spacious rooms and breakfast was good but being able to have breakfast overlooking the river was GREAT. I stayed when the hotel was almost at capacity and hardly saw anyone during the day. For the price, this is definitely affordable luxury.

For more photos of the property and what I did in Vang Vieng, feel free to check out my blog post:

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jt10s
Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm a teacher and I always tell my children before starting a piece of work write down your success criteria. What would make this piece of work great? Check your work as you go along and tick it off!
The riverside success criteria!

Find an amazing location on the river with amazing views. Big tick!

Build a small but perfectly formed pool. Tick

Build some gorgeous rooms, all over looking the pool and river. Tick

Add a lovely restaurant with great food and drinks menu including choice of wines. Tick

Sprinkle on some free wi Fi tick

Add a couple of dollops of attentive service. Tick

Plus some nice flowers, bike hire sorted....what more could you want?

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We spent two nights in Feb. 2013 at this new hotel alongside the river ! Truly a paradise with the mountains around this gem... Top services from the staff and good breakfast ! Thank you to the young staff for this nice stay. We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple