“Good all around Hostel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vang Vieng
Vang Vieng Central Backpackers
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Good all around Hostel”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

We got in really late, around 130 in the morn. As we knew options would be limited, we decided to give this a go. The owners son was nice enough to let us know that parents were out for a walk, this was Laos Women's Day, so even a majority of the locals were drunk. It did take an hour or so, but in the meantime we chatted with the Belgium couple who we had come in on the bus with and drank a Beer Laos. We had a few encounters with drunk tourists just leaving the bars…. of course I expect this it was just bad timing as I was incredibly fatigued. Finally, the owners returned and though they were a bit smashed they were able to check us into our rooms (minus a bit of confusion). This really was no problem, we got in late and it was a holiday after all. The room was big and clean, cheap at 50,0000 kip. As this is a hostel in a party zone, you are going to get other travelers coming back late and being a little raucous. It wasn't too bad, the all day journey of bus travel without a/c had just worn me thin. The shower in the morning had almost no water pressure, but other then this I think this hostel is great and the owners were really nice. The wife is a little silly, but in a good way.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank John M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 1 night, 30.000 kip pp for a dorm (6 pers). There is WiFi (connection is so so) hot water. Bathrooms are not clean, but for 30.000 acceptable.

They can do laundry, 8.000kip/1 kilo - back the same day.

Staff is not very friendly - They seem agitated.

Easy to meet other people. It's good for what u Pay for it but don't expect to much.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Yentl M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We lucked out and got room 401 (highly recommended on here) without even asking. Only 80,000kip between the 2 of us. Big, clean rooms. Hot shower. Awesome private balcony and view! Great social area with restaurant and close to everything. Internet sucked, but not enough to make me not want to stay there again. Highly recommended!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This place is one of the best I have stayed in my three month backpacking. Rooms are just perfect, huge. clean, tidy, not noisy at all. It has an amazing view of the town and the location cannot be better. Staff is nice and helpful and there is a restaurant in the first floor with good and cheap food.
I totally recommend this place!

Room Tip: I got a double room with private toilet for less than 10 USD.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the dorm room for 30000 kip per night. The rooms are exceptionally clean and the hot water is a definite bonus (especially for the price). The restaurant area is very social... travelling alone I had no problems making friends. The food is also great and the service fast. On that note... buy the young male worker who floats around the restaurant an ice cream and you'll have a friend for life. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 19, 2013

This is a very nice and very clean place to stay. There's a dorm option, but my friend and I stayed in the double room which had a private bathroom with hot shower, sink, mirror, HUGE bed & a single bed. Try to stay in room 401 if you get the double room because the room overlooks the mountain tops and the main street. It also has a huge balcony. The hostel is on the main road, so you can walk to the bars and restaurants even though the restaurant in the lobby has great cheap food.

Room Tip: Room 401 is ballin
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Despite not being in love with Vang Vieng itself, I had a good experience at Central. My first impression was that the price was a bit steep, but after staying in a hostel that was cheap and run-down, I was ready for some get-what-you-pay-for luxury. I definitely found it worth the extra money (and really, the difference is about $1.50). The beds were clean and huge, the environment around the hostel was good, and some of the staff was pretty friendly. Not much else to say about this place, but I'd stay there again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo