“Clean. Cheap. Central. Sociable.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vang Vieng
Vang Vieng Central Backpackers
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I booked into this hostel initially for 3 nights..ended up staying for 7 :) travelling by myself wasn't a problem here; I met people within 10 minutes of being there in the huge eating/drinking area at the front of the hostel. I booked into a dorm (they don't have many, more twin/double/triple rooms) which consisted of 6 beds and 2 bathrooms, towels were included and for 30,000 kip /night ($3.50) I thought it was great value!
There were no keys for the dorm rooms which to some may be an issue but every bed is assigned a locker for valuables.
Downsides? You cannot book in advance. They have a 'pay as you go' system so you turn up and there may or may not be a bed..also breakfast isn't included but I can't grumble for that price :)

Room Tip: If you're in dorms - bring earplugs, if you don't want to party every night. Dorms are downs...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My dorm mate walked into our room to see three cleaning women going through my belongs. When I got back i discovered one of my shirts was missing. I brought it to the manager's attention, and he was defensive and brushed me off. The next day I brought it to the attention of the owners and they argued against my claims and refused to reimburse me the cost of the shirt, insisting that a dorm mate must have taken it. Mind you I'm female, it was a women's shirt, and all my dorm mates were male. Beware!

Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great up-to date room with a more than fair price tag, 80,000 kip for a triple room with no air con, we only stayed one night but staff were friendly enough and they play friends like alot of the other resturants/guest houses. I give poor service because i left something in the room, went back the next da and no one wanted to help.

Room Tip: if you want wifi in the room, try to get a room on the 1st floor because there is no router upstairs...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Isobel W
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I must admit, I did not like the vibe of Vang Vieng and so was my experience in this backpackers slightly biased.

I can only agree that the showers lacked the hottnes, but at 40 degrees, its not really want you need anyways.

It's quite a good place to hang out though, the bar area facing the street is definitely the highlight if you asked me.

My suggestions for Vang Vieng is however, shop around. It's a tiny town so do the effort to have a look at all the places.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Arwed
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We passed by this hostel after we just arrived in Vang Vieng during the evening. We had no accommodation booked yet, so we decided to let them show us a room. We were very positive surprised about how spacious & clean the room was (1st floor) and then I didn't mention the spotless clean bathroom and the great price yet. It is true that the WIFI signal was very weak in the room, but I just went down to the bar and all was fine. The only thing that bothered us a bit was a guy working there (not sure if he was the owner) was very pushy. We had to tell him off a few times and then he was a bit grumpy, but about the rest of the staff I cant complain. I would recommend this place because of the spacious/clean rooms for a very cheap/fair price.

Room Tip: Rooms at the first floor were very spacious and clean.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We walked in from the street, asked if there was hot water and wifi in the room. We were assured that there were both. Unfortunately, there was a wifi signal that didn't actually connect you to anything, and the shower was ice cold (they tried to say we hadn't been using the shower correctly, but we were). When we came downstairs at about 9:15pm to ask about the wifi, all of the lights were off, and there was no one to be found, so apparently if you have a problem after 9pm, you're SOL. Only paid $10 for a double room, but there's better elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We agreed to stay because of the promised internet in the room (I had to get some work done) and the hot shower. When we got back to our room- after the cafes shut down, the internet was down. We tried to get help but no one was around in the lobby and in the morning we woke up to a freezing cold shower. The shower hose wasn't even installed properly so the wall got a more proper shower than I did. We asked for some of our money back and they gave us a whopping 5,000 kip back after they said the water worked fine. -Three hours later. For no internet and cold water- you can pay half of the price elsewhere. Don't stay here!

Room Tip: Construction was in the front- so maybe choose one in the back if you ARE going to stay here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple