“THEY STOLE FROM MY BAG!!! Jan 2014”

Easy Go Backpacker Hostel
Canberra, Australia
“THEY STOLE FROM MY BAG!!! Jan 2014”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

DO NOT EVER STAY HERE!!!

I am an experiened traveller, and know that you should separate your cash into several hidey holes to avoid large amounts of money being taken. One of these spots was my wallet.

Without thinking, on the morning (26th) I went kayaking and tubing, I only took my bum bag type thing with me. I put my wallet in my hiking pack (assuming it would be safe)

I checked into the Easy Go on the 25th of Jan 2014.
I had counted the money in my wallet the on the morning of the 25th (in Luang Prabang). I had $16 australian dollars, $100 US dollars and 1500 Thai Baht in there.

This morning, unfortunately, I had to pack quickly and absentmindedly didnt check my wallet. I had a weird feeling all day, and checked it as soon as I arrived in Vientiane!
ALL OF IT WAS GONE.
As I am in laos, I have no use for these currencies, and would not have spent it!!!

The horrible thing is, that on the 26th of Jan our towels, bins - nothing was changed or cleaned in our room! so someone went in there to, what? steal?

I am disgusted by this!!!! I want everyone to know - because that is a lot of money! but regardless of the amount, it's the principle and the fact that we obviously werent safe in our own room!!!

Easy Go, My name is Paige Berry email" brigetteberry@hotmail.com

I expect this fixed ASAP!

Room Tip: do not stay here. they stole from me! jan 2014
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Brigette B

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I spent about a week staying at this hostel. The staff were friendly and helpful. We stayed in the dorms and the private rooms. It was cheap and good value for the price. It is a realy good place to meet fellow backpackers.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Emmab22
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

This place was extremely nice to stay at. Within a few hours we had met a lot of other travellers that soon became good friends. The social room always had nice people willing to help everyone out. The view from the common room is also extremely nice. We were meant to stay 3 nights but ended up staying 6 nights.

The only negatives were that the walls were very thin which meant the noise travelled and the beds weren't the greatest. But if you're in vang vieng and the only thing stopping you from sleeping is that, then you shouldn't be there!

A big thanks to the owners of the place for such a memorable time. Easily the best hostel I've stayed at!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Tom S
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Really nice backpackers, social, clean and tidy, good vibe! I'd come again! Just what you'd want from a backpacker place... Only negative is that there's a shoe thief stealing the shoes out front! Grr!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank KombatK8
Bromma, Sweden
Reviewed January 3, 2014

It was so good to be back in Vang Vieng, Laos. I spent 10 nights last year in August in Easy Go Backpackers Hostel, few days before the tubing activity got shut down (re-open again) by Laos PDR government and all the bars along the river and also on the “party island” being torn down and torched. Anyway, I am not gonna touch the tubing shut-down issue here, not on this second review.

Coming back to Vang Vieng, brought me straight to Easy Go Backpackers Hostel without thinking twice. It was all because the good things I experienced here, last year. From the room, to the staffs & See, the owner and the people/backpackers that stayed here. This year, they improved a lot! Last year, they only have few rooms and few beds. This year, they extend it to bigger volume. Not only that; from self-made wood and bamboo beds with thin mattresses and mosquito nets full of holes everywhere, now they get a proper beds with better mattresses and good mosquito nets. Although they’ve improved in that area, they still maintain the chill, backpackers-friendly environment, Laotian-style. Bamboo walls, cross-legs common area with floor mattresses, dining table and chairs, coffee & tea and hot water. The pool table is still there next to the reception counter, wifi still working although not the best, toilet & bathroom still the same (much cleaner!) and lockers still there too. And for less than USD$3 a night, I am not complaining!

The best part of this hostel is the view from the common area – facing the mountains that lay just next the Nam Song (Song River). The panoramic view is just breath-taking especially in the morning and during sunset. It is just very beautiful. Never change and that's why I'm loving it!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank AsianEDM
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed December 22, 2013

If you like dorms and don't mind sleeping with noisy nights sometimes, this place is excellent. I've met a lot of great people there, staff is very nice and helpful, every time you can get free lao tea or lao coffee and everything for 20 000 per night! Good spot to get any info about activities, nice restaurants around the corner, in one word - everithing in one place.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Abroad
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at easy go backpakers and was amazed with the service.
This hostel is one of the cheapest and best.
It has a real community feel with the pool table and chill out zone and We met alot of nice people.
The staff went out of there way to help us when We were in town my partner ended up in hospital and they helped us so much by translating what We needed and checking up on us, We were very lucky.
Even after our stay with them they checked up on us and made sure We were fine.
Location is great, people were great loved it!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple