“Good location”
Review of Laos Haven Hotel

Laos Haven Hotel
Ranked #4 of 101 Vang Vieng B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I was really enjoy my holiday in Laos. My friend and I stayed in Laos Haven Hotel@Spa 2 nights. We had a really good service here. Good location, cheap price, clean and friendly staffs. Thanks a lot and recommendation.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
laoshaven, Owner at Laos Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Michael : Thank you for your positive review. We sincerely hope to be of service to you again in the near future

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and had a great stay with Michael (the owner). Michael and his son made us feel so welcome and we enjoyed talking to them everyday.

The rooms were quite spacious, had excellent wi-fi signal and were very quiet at night. The included breakfast was amazing and very filling.

The Laos Haven is located 5 minutes away from the centre of town and 1 block away from the Nam Song River.

Michael and his son were always available if we needed anything from them. We booked a 1 day eco-tour with them which went to various places and had the best day (plus it was cheaper than what other tour agents charged).

This is a great place to stay, in a good location with exceptional hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
laoshaven, Owner at Laos Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Michael: Thank you for your positive review and we sincerely look forward to be of service to you again in the near future

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Upon my arrival I was greeted by the younger hotel owner (Michael, I think?). Very nice and helpful, so is the other man (father maybe? I didn't get his name..) at the reception.
Room and property are very clean and well maintained. The room I had was huge. :) Bathroom was clean and mostly dry after showering. ;) I felt safe (always a rating point for me as a single female traveller). WiFi was ok, better close to the entrance.
I only stayed 2 nights but if I come back I would stay longer. There is so much to do and see in Vang Vieng (I went Kayaking with Green Discovery, which was great)!
During my stay the loudest thing during the night was the rooster outside my window. :)
Breakfast was really good.
Location is a bit out of the city center (~10 min/foot to all the bars), which was a plus!

When my pick-up to the bus station arrived I was personally seen off by the staff - very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
laoshaven, Owner at Laos Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Michael : Thank you for your positive review. I and Marcus sincerely look forward to be of service to you again

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights (May 2013), firstly, the owner Michael from Singapore is the best hotel/guesthouse owner we have met on our travels so far, he's such a nice man, he is extremely helpful, always wanting to help and tell us things, we booked bus to Vientiane and the day Eco trip through this place and all was perfect and without a hitch. Very well priced too.

I had the mis fortune of losing my wallet whilst in Vang Vieng, again Michael was really helpful and allowed me use of his laptop to get hold of the numbers for my banks to cancel my cards, I can't speak highly enough of him!

The food was good and a choice of eggs, meats, bread for brekkie included was great!

The rooms are very clean, and bathrooms equally clean, the whole property is very well maintained, we had a second floor room and all was great, the rooms are basic and as I discussed with Michael that's all you need, bed, air con, fridge, TV, all the essentials, after all your not paying 100's for a 5 star palace!

I would 100% recommend and 100% return to Laos Haven, don't hesitate!

Thanks again Michael (and Family) for a great stay in Vang Vieng!

I wish you all the best for for your future endeavours!

Dominic & Karen :-)

• Stayed: May 2013

Michael:Thank you for your positive review. I sincerely look forward to be of service to both of you again. Meanwhile, enjoy your onward journey and stay safe.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed there 4 nights. My first plan was 3 nights, but I loved to be there so I stay one extra night. Thank you both Michael and Marcus so much for everything. I couldn't wish more. Everything was so great. And I am planning to come later this year again:). Wish you all the best!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
laoshaven, Owner at Laos Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Michael: Thank you for your positive review. We sincerely wish you well and look forward to be of service to you again in the near future

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Friendly, family run hotel in Vang Vieng - clean and basic but has everything you need (air con, hot showers, safety box etc.). Nice breakfasts (included) served in the restaurant downstairs. The family management are very helpful and the place is well run - they can also arrange laundry and excursions/transfers etc. there are also cameras and a security guard for the evenings (security). Would stay here again.

Location is good - 5-10min walk 'into town' but that's a positive thing as it means generally the surroundings are a bit quieter. The walk is straight down one road and v easy.

Recommended.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
laoshaven, Owner at Laos Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Michael: Thank you for your positive review about our hotel and we sincerely hope to be of service to you again in the near future

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel is well run and the staff are very helpful. Our room was clean and a minor problem with the shower was fixed immediately.

The managers helped me out with lots of local advice and even organised a car and driver for me at a good rate and with a safe driver.

I recommend this place highly.

• Stayed: March 2013

Michael: Thank your for your positive review. I sincerely hope to be of service to you again