“Highly recommemded this great place!”
Review of Laos Haven Hotel

Laos Haven Hotel
Ranked #2 of 100 Vang Vieng B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed there 4 nights. My first plan was 3 nights, but I loved to be there so I stay one extra night. Thank you both Michael and Marcus so much for everything. I couldn't wish more. Everything was so great. And I am planning to come later this year again:). Wish you all the best!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
laoshaven, Owner at Laos Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Michael: Thank you for your positive review. We sincerely wish you well and look forward to be of service to you again in the near future

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Friendly, family run hotel in Vang Vieng - clean and basic but has everything you need (air con, hot showers, safety box etc.). Nice breakfasts (included) served in the restaurant downstairs. The family management are very helpful and the place is well run - they can also arrange laundry and excursions/transfers etc. there are also cameras and a security guard for the evenings (security). Would stay here again.

Location is good - 5-10min walk 'into town' but that's a positive thing as it means generally the surroundings are a bit quieter. The walk is straight down one road and v easy.

Recommended.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
laoshaven, Owner at Laos Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Michael: Thank you for your positive review about our hotel and we sincerely hope to be of service to you again in the near future

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hotel is well run and the staff are very helpful. Our room was clean and a minor problem with the shower was fixed immediately.

The managers helped me out with lots of local advice and even organised a car and driver for me at a good rate and with a safe driver.

I recommend this place highly.

• Stayed: March 2013

Michael: Thank your for your positive review. I sincerely hope to be of service to you again

Reviewed April 8, 2013

If you are looking for a nice place close to everything and far enough to have a quiet night, Laos Haven is definitely your choice. We stayed at the top floor in a nice room (306) with a beautiful view. The breakfast was tasty and a good start in the morning.

The hotel is owned by a lovely family who takes really good care of you. They will explain and organize everything. We enjoyed the 3 nights at Laos Haven and we´d definitely come back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
laoshaven, Owner at Laos Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Michael: Thank you for your kind review and it was our pleasure to have made your acquaintance and we will be looking forward to your next visit

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Marcus and Michael (father and son) are still building this place, so not perfect, but still great value.
We were given a large room with a small balcony, thought we were the only guests, but it filled up on the weekend, we stayed here for 4 nights.
We also organised a day trip through Marcus, cave tubing and kayak trip for a full day, worth the few dollars it costs.
Breakfast was included and sufficient, bacon and eggs, omelette, I am only a fruit eater at breakfast, so just took my own and enjoyed their coffee, my partner indulged, he ate enough for both of us, so we certainly got our money's worth.
Only problem with the place was the roosters crowing day and night, but not the hosts fault and I am sure you would hear it anywhere in Vang Vieng.

Room Tip: Ask for the room with the Balcony, only one I think and they will upgrade if quiet, they didnt charg...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Michael: Thank you for your positive review and I sincerely hope to be of service to you again

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed at Laos Haven with my sis for 2 nights. Great location, just a short walk to the central area but far enough for a quiet night. Rooms had basic stuff (tv, AC) very grateful for the strong water pressure too. The floors were a bit dusty though but we had slippers for that. Breakfast is simple but delicious. The ppl working there are friendly & helpful (mostly dealt with the young guy, quite good looking also =P). I think the place is still going through refurbishing. My suggestion, hv a little garden with a pond at the entrance, that would be really pretty. =)

• Stayed: March 2013
laoshaven, Guest Relations Manager at Laos Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Marcus: Thank you for your kind review and your good suggestion. I hope to have the opportunity to be of service to you and your sisters again.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

It is a brand new hotel owned by people from Singapore (father & son).
We had a very nice and spacious room with clean bathroom and stayed 3 nights in the hotel.
Safebox in the room.
The son of the owner is very helpful and speaks very good English.
The breakfast menu is basic, but we had enough to start the day.
In the hotel you can book tours, busses, etc... at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
laoshaven, Owner at Laos Haven Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Michael: Thank you for your positive review. I sincerely hope to be of service to you again,