“Effortless kayaking”
Review of VLT Natural Tours

VLT Natural Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Local Tours and Activities in Vang Vieng. Travel and Tourism Services for the whole of Laos.
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I went kayaking down Namsong River. It was raining in July. Water current was strong so it was effortless to kayak; just needed to navigate if you will not want to crash into the rocks. Ripids? I encountered none. View was enjoyable. Trip was tooooo quick. Less than an hour to kayak five kilometers down stream as the water current was strong. I will recommend this.

2  Thank For_Elsie

Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went on the tubing caving trekking and kayaking trip with them it was only 23 dollars for a full 8 hour day including a great bbqd lunch!
We got lucky and it was jus the two of us on the tour so we could spend as much or as little time in each place as we wanted.
It was a nice hour and half hike to the first cave but it flew but due to how amazing the scenery around you is while your on your trek.
The first cave is the best by far pitch black so you get these little head lamps, the cave was amazing the first one I had ever been in and I spotted a few bats in there and the guild said he came to that cave everyday and has never seen one so we were pretty excited about that!
The rest of the caves were grea also the water cave was so fun which you tube thru and we army crawled under this tght passage to get to the otherside which was so fun. Then had lunch and did a 18k kayake back which I was not prepared for you haah was thinking maybe a 30/40 min but it was 2 1/2 hours but still an amazing experience went thru some fun rapids and on this terrifying rickety bamboo bridge

All in all it was great our guild was awesome and had a grea sense of humor I highly recommend this tour sorry for blabbering on lol

3  Thank MaliaMay
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My wife and I told the sales girl we had selected the $25 all day tour and she recommended the $15 half day tour, which we had passed over as the leaflet said "Join a large group and get drunk". She replied the government had closed the worst of the bars and our 60plus muscles would appreciate less distance to kayak.
We had a great day, left at 9 and returned at 4. Great value for the price. Tubed into one cave, a surprisingly good lunch, skewers off the barbecue, a kayak to a bar (quiet, we played boules) and then a drift/paddle back to town in a group of 8.
River height is crucial to whether you tube or walk into the long cave and where you kayak from.
The 3 support crew were good, 2 with decent English, as was the equipment. I recommend V.L.T Tours (and to go kayaking instead of being boredvto death tubing down the river).

3  Thank UbudBaliRichard_L
Reviewed January 19, 2013

We would highly recommend VLT Natural Tours.

VLT tours is one of the two original adventure tour companies in Vang Vieng. The main advantage that I see is that their guides are excellent, they are certified (kayaking, rafting etc) and the food is great.

We went on the Trekking, Kayaking and Caving day tour. This tour visited four caves. The two that most of the tours in Van Vieng went to were definitely less impressive. We went to the Snail cave, which is 2 km in length. We went quite of a way in, wading through water, crawling through holes. Actually felt like a real caving experience. The other cave was quite spectacular with stalagmites and stalactites. We also went to the water cave (great fun) and the Buddha cave. The "trekking" was walking through the local village roads to the caves. But it was very scenic and worth it. It wasn't touristy at all and felt quite authentic, as our guide told us about the villages. The kayaking down the river was great fun and very beautiful. Easy for beginner kayakers in low season. Lifejackets, dry bags provided. VLT tours even thought of the little things like making sure we had plastic ties to keep our sunglasses on in the kayaking part of the trip.

We liked it to much that we did the kayaking tour to Vientiane. This involved a drive in a comfy minibus for about 2 hours to a point downstream. We then kayaked for around 3 hours and finished the drive to Vientiane. The kayaking was great - parts were whitewater and parts were flat river. Our lunch was very tasty - fried rice and bbq skewers. Our guide (Ted) was fantastic. He gave us basic kayak and safety instructions and showed us the way through the rapids and where to jump on the cliff jumps. We felt very safe with him. Especially since our group was only 4 people and Ted was a qualified kayaker. We saw guides from other companies doing shots of Thai whisky before kayaking down rapids, so I was glad that I felt safe and secure. Ted was also fun and rather cheeky.

The man who runs VLT tours (Von) is very friendly and helpful. He told us that VLT Tours is not a booze tour, unlike some of the others. If we wanted that sort of experience, we could go to the other companies. Which we didn't, so we chose VLT tours. And this turned out to be very true. A great company, focusing out helping us enjoy the outdoors and stay safe and happy. Never waiting around for too long, as we saw some of the other groups doing. The price is a bit more, but particularly if doing actual caving or white water kayaking, the extra five dollars is worth it for peace of mind and safety. And a great experience.

4  Thank AnnaS1234
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I booked a bus ticket from V.L.T. Natural Tours from Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang. The tour company owner, Vone, promised me that he would get me a seat in the front of the bus, since I was concerned about car sickness on a very windy/twisty road for 6 hours if cramped into a back seat. To make sure he delivered on that promise, he drove me himself to the bus very early the next day to ensure that I was the first customer and could choose the seat I wanted. Who could possibly ask for more? Vone is a good guy who keeps his word.

4  Thank scuba71