“Thieves. He stole my Ipad and pretended he did not!!!!”
Review of VLT Natural Tours

VLT Natural Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Local Tours and Activities in Vang Vieng. Travel and Tourism Services for the whole of Laos.
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I had the worst experience with this tour agency.
First, I went to this place because a canadian family in Luang Prabang had given me a present to give to the owner of this tour for his pregnant wife. As I was going to Vang Vieng the next day, I accepted.
So I went to VLT tour to give the present and book a kayaking tour in the morning with my Ipad. Unfortunately, I forgot my Ipad at the office. At night, when I realized I didn't have my Ipad, I asked them if they had it (I was sure it was there as I kayaked the whole day without using it). The owner said he did not have it and that it was probably someone from my hotel who stole it.
The truth was that he kept it and I discovered it because with my friend's ipad, I managed to see that he was using it (thanks to Icloud!). I could see the data in my stolen Ipad and his name was everywhere in the calendar!
So please, don't go to this tour agency. I cannot believe that I brought him a present and that he would steal my Ipad!
His excuse was that he bought my ipad from someone in the street and that he wanted to sell it to me! Fortunately he came finally to reason and brought it back to the police.

10  Thank tonylaos S
"life jackets"
"half day tour"
"nam song river"

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Me and my friend Jason went on a tour with vlt tours. One of the most amazing experiences we have had ever. We saw 4 caves1 with water tubing. The rest on foot. The tour guide was one of the most bubblyest funnyest people we have ever met! The kayaking was awesome and the tubing at the end sumed up one of the best days we have spent out of our country's.
Much love to the vlt company. Great people amazing service!
Xx Austin & Jason.

4  Thank Jaydion87
Reviewed July 6, 2012

VLT tours were very rude, disorganised, and didn't give us the tour that we were promised at all. We ate bad food (put us off duck forever), didn't do half the things on the itinerary and in the end had to travel to Vientiane on the public bus. We paid lots of money for this treatment!

We booked a 2 day kayaking trip from Vang Vieng back to Vientiane in July 2012. We were told that this would involve kayaking on both days, with breaks to visit a Hmong village and to swim in the river and jump from a platform. On the first night we were to camp on a bungalow, and then the next day kayak to a meeting point where we would be picked up in a mini van and driven to Vientiane. I had some worries about getting tired on the second day (6 hours of kayaking), and the manager said that if this was the case they would pick us up in the minivan from where we stopped and drive us back.

That is what was planned. What actually happened was a late start, and poor organisation from the beginning. We were picked up half an hour late, and then told that they were a man down so we wouldn't be able to have our luggage the first night. We were driven a long way to the start point (I feared for my life - the man talked on the phone the whole time - so dangerous). We then met our guide who apparently had only been organised to do our trip that morning (had to skip school to be there!). We kayaked for a bit, then experienced a nice barbeque lunch, terrifying rapids, but none of the said villages or fun. Dinner was less than desirable, involving an awful account with duck liver, and breakfast the next day wasn't much better. The second day was nice until lunch, which was awful charred duck, after we had been kayaking for 4 hours. Our guide was lovely, but he told us that we would have to kayak for another 4 hours to get to the arranged meeting point, and I said that I wanted to stop early like we had discussed. Nothing was done about this until we did stop. The minibus driver wasn't told that we wanted to stop early, and we weren't told that if we wanted to actually go on a minibus back to Vientiane that we had to kayak the whole way. Apparently because there was only 2 of us, the minibus people weren't prepared to drive the short way to where we stopped.

So we waited for an hour before hurridly being put into a minivan to the local bus station where we took the noisy crowded bus back to Vientiane, which was NOT what we paid for. I complained to the manager at this time about the trip, including the fact that we didn't get to do half the things on the itinerary, and he dismissed me saying that they weren't there.

We felt disappointed, overcharged and very angry.

1  Thank Annika C
Reviewed April 17, 2012

We did the cooking tour through VLT, which also includes a visit to two caves: Tham Phu Kham and Tham Jang. Normally, they only run this tour with a minimum of three people, but there were only two of us. They just charged us a little extra. We met our tour guide, Vanh, at 8 AM to go to the morning market to pick up some of the ingredients. We then had breakfast at our guesthouse and then went to Tham Jang with Vanh. He then took us over to Tham Phu Kham (Blue Lagoon) to cook our lunch. Lunch was bamboo soup, papaya salad and chicken laap. The area near the Blue Lagoon has a large area to sit and make lunch and then eat it near the swimming area. Vanh was especially great in explaining everything about cooking to meal and answering questions about Laos in general. His English is quite good. After lunch we hiked up the Tham Phu Kham - the cave has a reclining buddha inside. We then swam in the lagoon area at the base to cool off! Overall, it was one of our best memories of our time in Laos.

3  Thank elim102