“Lao BBQ - Fun way to spend the night and have dinner. Try the BBQ!”

Peeping Som's Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 84 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

BBQ was fun! It was my first time and a little confusing to figure out. Wish the staff were a little more helpful explaining the process but they were friendly enough. Once we for it figured it was delicious. Very reasonably priced

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Something new for me, but very tasty. Great selection of meets and fresh vegetables, quick service and Som is a great character.

2  Thank out n about a
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Good twist on the asian kitchen -lao basil spaghetti! Nice cold beers and friendly staff, bit away from the crazy party crowds too!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Like the previous reviewer, I must have visited this place on a bad night.
I decided to splash out and ordered pepper steak medium rare.
To be fair the pepper sauce was to die for and the steak tasted great. However, The steak was so tough and full of gristle that my plate at the end consisted of no fewer than 20 lumps of partially chewed bits of meat that I was not physically able to chew through and swallow.
The waiter looked very surprised when he collected my plate and obviously knew there was a big problem, but did not ask or pass any comment.
The restaurant was quite busy at the time, so I adopted the British stiff upper lip, didn't cause a scene, paid the bill (no tip) and left.
I will certainly not be going back.

1  Thank RegularTravel12345
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We have travelled in Asia for months and we are sad to announce we have had at peeping soms the worst food ever!

We didn't go for the BBQ but for the traditional Lao dinner set with 3 different plates. Hard to say what was the worst: the infamous lap with pork gelly, the pork soup with only the fatty part and no meat, or the vegetables... I'll send two pictures attached so you can see by yourself.

Don't eat there, pass your way!

Le pire restaurant que l'on ait fait en Asie du sud est... Nous n'avons pas choisi le bbq mais les traditionnels menus avec trois plats, tous infâmes. Du Lao avec de la gélatine de porc a la soupe de porc ne contenant que du gras c'était vraiment horrible....

N'y allez pas!