“Oh Dear!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Telford, United Kingdom
“Oh Dear!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Like the previous reviewer, I must have visited this place on a bad night.
I decided to splash out and ordered pepper steak medium rare.
To be fair the pepper sauce was to die for and the steak tasted great. However, The steak was so tough and full of gristle that my plate at the end consisted of no fewer than 20 lumps of partially chewed bits of meat that I was not physically able to chew through and swallow.
The waiter looked very surprised when he collected my plate and obviously knew there was a big problem, but did not ask or pass any comment.
The restaurant was quite busy at the time, so I adopted the British stiff upper lip, didn't cause a scene, paid the bill (no tip) and left.
I will certainly not be going back.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank RegularTravel12345

• Korean first
  • Thai first
“The WORST!!! Le PIRE restaurant !!!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

We have travelled in Asia for months and we are sad to announce we have had at peeping soms the worst food ever!

We didn't go for the BBQ but for the traditional Lao dinner set with 3 different plates. Hard to say what was the worst: the infamous lap with pork gelly, the pork soup with only the fatty part and no meat, or the vegetables... I'll send two pictures attached so you can see by yourself.

Don't eat there, pass your way!

Le pire restaurant que l'on ait fait en Asie du sud est... Nous n'avons pas choisi le bbq mais les traditionnels menus avec trois plats, tous infâmes. Du Lao avec de la gélatine de porc a la soupe de porc ne contenant que du gras c'était vraiment horrible....

N'y allez pas!

1 Thank Nonodelbosque
Darwin
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had the Laos Hot Pot & it was an excellent choice & very good value...you need to go a bit earlier to get a seat as this place gets very busy.

Visited January 2013
Antwerp, Belgium
“Disappointing bland food and bad (or no) service.”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The small restaurant is a notch cleaner than most others but the food was nothing special. We orded a "steamboat" and never saw any staff to help us with the electric heater.

Visited October 2012
Kippen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Best food in town...... Western and lao and thai and Korean barbecues. I som is so nice and handsome and cool and also speaks amazing English. I lived nexd door at chilllao so it was all just so easy and convenient for me. I ill be back

Visited August 2012