“Perfectly Satisfactory, Not Brilliant”
Review of Malany Villa

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Vang Vieng
Malany Villa
Seattle
“Perfectly Satisfactory, Not Brilliant”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I spent one night here. I paid 70,000 kip for an air-con room. Fairly spacious room with a bed that was quite firm, but not rock hard. Big window let in quite a bit of light. It was satisfactory for a night, but if I were staying longer, I'd probably look for something with a bit more charm.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Thai first
Hatyai
Reviewed April 17, 2012

On 12 April 2012 afternoon, I arrive at Vang Vieng Bus Station by Udon Thani-Vangvieng Bus .
Many international tourists and I were pick-up by a free bus service (identity unknown) to Malany Villa. I check-in one night costs 100 thousand Kip. Before I go for sightseeing, I left my locked luggage inside room. On 13 April 2012, I return to Udon Thani (Thailand) and discover my Visa cards were lost. The theft was smart - taken one card each from two wallets inside locked luggage. I had not been awared of the theft until I need the Visa card for payment in Thailand.

Room Tip: Security first
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank AlienAsia

Travelers are raving about these Vang Vieng hotels

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Great place to stay if you are travelling on a budget, but still want a clean and liveable room. Our room was a fan room, good size nice bathroom and the room was very clean upon arrival. The guesthouse is on the main party road which is very convenient. Great place.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Shannon, Ireland
Reviewed April 2, 2012

And that's it. The rooms are very basic, but clean. They have a fan (our air-con didn't work) and prison - style TV set.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Peter_Kurowski
Toronto
Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is my second time in vang vieng and traveling south east asia, and this is the by fay the worst experience I have ever had. When we  first arrived, the room was clean and the woman was very nice. On our second  night in this hostel, we discovered that our bags/clothes were COMPLETELY covered in tiny little ants. They got into everything - our zip lock bags, toiletries, shoes, everything! It was late at night so they switched us to another room and took our clothes to do laundry for the ones we could not get the ants out of. The next day we tried to reason with the manager. Not only did they refuse to give us any discount on the room, they insisted we pay for the laundry.  We tried to reach some sort of an agreement, but they would not  budge. They threatened to call the police, follow us, and refused to return our laundry.  We walked out, and lost our laundry. Worst experience so far - no reason to stay here!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights. Hotel was close to everything, although Vang Vieng is only small! It was on the street of bars and restaurants, but no noise at night which was good. No wifi above level two, even though it doesn't state this! Room was fairly sized, we just had a fan which kept the room cool enough. Would stay here again, but only for a few days.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2011

For weary travelers that forgo the formality of booking ahead, I would say that Malany villa fits the bill. With two locations more or less at the bus stop you don't have to worry about being that sucker walking all around town with 25kgs of backpack aimless searching for a decent room.
We stayed for two nights, the staff helped us with a 2 month Thai visa and we booked a kayaking tour through them that was awesome.
The room was clean and the price was right.

• Stayed September 2011