“The most amazing bar on the river.”
Review of Fluid - CLOSED

Fluid
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I liked fluid bar very much. I thought it was a very welcoming, cool and fun place. It is made of recycled material and that looks cool and is something very contemporary.

Reviewed February 27, 2012

friendly and helpful staff! I had an accident and the staff was really willing to help me... cool guys, cheap drinks, great fun. what more could u expect ?

Reviewed February 22, 2012

We arrived at the Fluid Bar by motor scooter and I had scrapped up my big toe badly after going over one of the million of holes in the roads in Vang Vieng. The owners got some water and cleaning solution and something to bandage up my toe right away. After I was all bandaged up and a couple of drinks we went to the upstairs of the bar where you can look over a lot of Vang Vieng and just max relax up there on their comfy inner-tube pillow benches! With my toe all bandaged up I did not go into the river there but they had a nice patio on the river where you could hangout and a big blow up thing to jump onto and into the river! Awesome place! I will go back the next time I am in the area!

Reviewed January 1, 2012

Our first stop into Fluid was direct from the tubing water. I noticed a sign that said something along the lines of "home-made sorbet" and I looked at the place - felt it right away. When we moved up the stairs we found a really wonderful layout of options where to sit and enjoy the river, the mountains and the atmosphere. That day they were playing some awesome funk music which brought me back to my days when I lived in the United States and occasionally we would have a gift of "real" music like on a college radio station. I connected immediately. Owen came to speak with us and we chatted for some time. He brought us some tea which was lovely with the scenery and the mood. Unfortunately, our state of mind disallowed hunger, so we were unable to sample the food. I must say I felt a bit sheepish about paying a bill only worth under 3 USD when we shoved off in our tubes about 3 hours later. Which is exactly the reason we came back (by bicycle) the following day for some sorbet and more atmosphere.
I really like Gregg and Owen. They are sincere humans who have created a sincere environment. I felt incredibly comfortable there and only begrudgingly left as I saw the sun nearing the tops of the mountains (and another 3-hour tubing journey ahead. Word to the wise: I commandeered a ride for 50,000 kip when the sun pushed below the mountains. I would advice (in the winter months) anyone who lingers a bit too long on one of the river bars, to in fact find an alternative. Those fellow tubers had a look of desperation in their eyes as we glided by with some friendly kayak boaters.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

The other reviews have done my job already but this is a damn good spot far from the idiot crowd up river. Music is chilled and the right volume, drinks are strong and cheap, food is tasty. The chorizo and bacon sandwiches are great! You can play a bunch of games - we loved petanque - and there's even a cute and snuggly kitten! Totally recommended.