“Room with no view”
Review of Inthira Vang Vieng

Inthira Vang Vieng
Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Vang Vieng
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Room located on dark alley with huge wall. Unfriendly manager. Room was clean but not cosey. No wifi reach there. Location on the street with no atmosfeer. Not a friendly place to rest between the daytrips

• Stayed: August 2013
GMINTHIRA, General Manager at Inthira Vang Vieng, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Peter,

I am very sorry to read that you have not been satisfied with your room. I wish I knew, I could have showed you our Superior Rooms that have nice balconies with a breathtaking mountain view.
My sincere apologies that the WIFI was not working during your stay. We guarantee free and the fastest available WIFI connection in all our rooms, but sometimes there is no internet in the whole city of Vang Vieng.
It saddens me that you found me unfriendly, as I take a lot of pride in my work and sincerely try my best to please all our guests. I can only hope that you will give me another change in the future. I am sure that your experience will be completely different.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

The hotel is close to the bars and restaurants but is not affected by noise.

The rooms were clean. Having a wardrobe and shelving would have been helpful. A fridge would have also been a bonus.

Wifi was good.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was good. There was a buffet of tea, coffee, juice and two types of fruit. There was then a choice of 5 items, eggs, yoghurt which were cooked or served fresh to your table. Half a baguette, jam and butter was included with every choice of breakfast.

We didn't eat lunch or dinner at the restaurant.

Guests of the Inthira can use the small but refreshing swimming pool at the sister hotel - no more than a 5 minute walk away.

TIP - Don't book an onward bus direct with the hotel as it's a lot more expensive than if you book elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We spent a night here, the location was great, food was absolutely delicious, rooms were very nice and the staff were incredibly friendly. We got to use the sister-hotel's pool during the day so that was a bonus. Would stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

A small group of us came for dinner one night and had a lovely time! The food was outstanding best meal i had in vang vieng. Service was good too. We did not stay here but i from experiencing the restaurant, if the rooms are anything similar then its probably a great place to stay too.
Fine dining in vang vieng

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I liked the 2 night stay here, comfortable room with nice bed, quiet, little off the main strip and the tubing action...The restaurant was not overwhelming including breakfast. I had Laos steak one night and that was hard and chewy as a rock...

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mattse,

I’m very glad that you have had a nice experience at our hotel. I am sorry you did not like our steak. I read your review to our Chef and quality being of course very important to her, she has looked into the way she prepares the meat.
I hope that you will visit us again soon and find that the hard steak was a one off slip up.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed at the Inthira for 2 nights back in June. The hotel is in a central enough location that you can easily walk to bars and restaurants etc, but not too central that you are disturbed by noise.

We received a warm welcome on arrival, with a free welcome drink and help with our bags to our room. What was a shame though, was that I emailed the hotel twice before arrival with no response and there was no acknowledgement of it when we checked in.

The manager of the hotel was very nice and helpful and worked tirelessly to keep everyone happy. Service from other staff was good, but sometimes a little cold.

We didn't eat an evening meal at the restaurant, but the food that we saw looked really good and breakfast every morning was excellent. I loved the scrambled eggs with tomato and chives.

We went to get a map on our first morning, but the cost was more than what we paid to hire bikes and a map elsewhere for a full day! I can't remember the exact price, but it was in the mid-20,000 KIP! I may be wrong, but I don't think hotels should charge their guests for a map!

Our room was a standard room on the ground floor. The bathroom was a wet room, which wouldn't normally be a problem, but we had non-stop rain the whole time that we were there, so everything was wet, all the time. After one day, the room began to smell really damp as the bathroom never drained properly. The bed had no head-board, so you couldn't sit in there and relax in the evenings. Apart from the TV stand, there were no surfaces to put anything on, so your things have to be on the wet floor all the time. The windows didn't close properly, which concerned me being on the ground floor. The lock on the bathroom door caused us to lock ourselves outside of it at one point! And one day, we accidentally locked our key inside the room (our fault) - we decided to sort it after breakfast, told the front desk after breakfast who rang maid service to come and open it for us, but when we got back to the room before the maid, it was already unlocked, which we found a little strange. And also, a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on your door didn't seem to mean anything because the maids would be yelling to each other outside your room at the top of their voices first thing every morning.

Moral of the story - good location, but a standard room is the lowest 'standard' room that we have experienced on our 6 month trip so far.

Room Tip: Don't bother with a standard room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sadie G

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your views about our hotel.
We are thankful for the praise you have for our welcome, service and for the breakfast .Thank you for your feedback regarding our bathroom and drain. I will look into opportunities for improvement. Please be ensured that I will discuss your remarks with the maids so such incidents do not arise again.
The free maps that you see around Vang Vieng, are hand drawing maps of very poor accuracy, that is why we additionally sell maps of good quality with a reasonable price of less than $3,-
Thank you again for your valuable comments as such feedback helps us to review our procedures in striving for excellent service.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Pro: Room was very clean. Easy to find. Breakfast was fine. Kitchen looked very clean.

Cons: Hot water was a bit temperamental. Wifi didn't work very well in our room had to go to the restaurant to use. Website said rooms had safety deposit boxes however there is only one at reception. A little more pricey than others in vang vieng particularly low season prices. There may be better options if you look around upon arriving in vv.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah T

Dear Sarah,
Thank you for sharing your experience.
With regards to the issues with water and WIFI, I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. I am proud to say that we have upgraded our installations to ensure good connection in all rooms.
Thank you once again for your time and feedback.