“Don't go there”

Organic Mulberry Farm Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 80 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Located only 4 km North of Vang Vieng Town, along side the refreshing Nam Song river with spectacular views of the unique mountains and exposed jagged cliff faces showing their natural beauty. Sunset over the mountain ridge is fabulous, enjoying a glass of home made organic mulberry or star fruit wine, beer Lao, tropical fruit shake or mulberry tea which compliments our Lao & Western cuisine. Restaurant is open from 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM every day serving breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Famous home grown and processed organic mulberry items are sort after along with the handmade organic goat cheese, huge pancakes and Lao desserts. A range of fresh organic teas, coffee and liquor available. Separate meals or group offers available. FREE Wifi, Toilets onsite, access to river and organic farm. More detailed information is available on our website. We look forward to meeting you to share our fabulous place, The Organic Mulberry Farm Restaurant Team.
Yarra Glen, Australia
“Don't go there”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Have been here in Lao now for 3 months and have heard people raving about how great the farm is. I'm sorry to say that it really isn't the owners are old and lairs and they don't understand what you are saying and what you want. The organic food is very repetitive and the menu never changes. I have spent the better part of 2 months there using the WiFi that never works or is so slow I'd rather shoot myself than sit there for 2 hours to try and check my emails and Facebook. The accommodation is over priced and not well kept. The dorms are dusty and there is no hot water in the shower. The mud houses are falling down. Every time I opened the door more mud would fall off the side of the door fixture. The upstairs was full of rats and snakes and unusable. The owners and staff are incompetent and don't hold their word because it is a total lie.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank erik_trick_12

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
“Good different experience”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I decided that if I was going to break my bus journey from Vientiane to Luang Prabang in Vang Vieng then I wanted to something different to make it worthwhile. What a great decision. The accommodation I chose was basic although there is a range of options available. I was shown a couple of rooms in different buildings and decided on one a little further way from the cafe in the Mulberry House which has outdoor showers and toilets. This was perfectly adequate given the time of year and length of stay, two nights. I had all my meals in the cafe as the food was very good, tasty, healthy and a nice selection. The Mulberry Farm is a little way out of town so you need to be prepared to stay put or pay to get in and out of town. There is a bit of an issue with the cost of transport to and from the farm so I suggest if you can, contact the farm and ask them to arrange it for you with a set rate. I was fortunate that one of the farmers nieces was staying at the farm to help them out so I think this made all the difference to my stay, the service and my experience. This farm is quite unique and I would highly recommend people patronise the accommodation and cafe to ensure it's survival and longevity. You can even help out on the farm with the goats or wander up the road and give impromptu English classes.

• Visited April 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“good tea, pancake and cheese”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

the mulberry tea and pancake were interesting and tasty. the goat cheese is also very tasty. the service was very slow but we weren't in a hurry. the coffee was horrible- we sent it back, tasted bad and was cold (not intentionally). the fruit plate was average. the omelet was very overcooked but I doused it in goat cheese, added tomato and cucumber and put it in a baguette as a sandwich.

Visited March 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Poor service, Loud music, uninterested staff”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Was not impressed at all. We arrived and had to wake up the boys to get some menus. Our food took over one hr to arrive and the Loud music they were playing was deafening. i think in its time it was great, but now it just lacks charm and ability!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank A M
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good lunch stop before tubing”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Me and my buddy stopped here before we head onto the river for tubing. We tried a number of stuff. the mulberry leaves with honey, pumpkin soup, organic fried rice and the organic fried noodles. All the food was amazing but what stood out the most must be the fried rice. Extremely fragant with a beautiful mix of colors. Try em out for yourself.

• Visited February 2013