“A little refinement” 4 of 5 bubbles

Luang Prabang Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Vang Vieng
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Earlswood, United Kingdom
“A little refinement”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

They served a good glass of wine and good wine list as well as lovely pastries. Pleasant staff and well furnished.

Visited August 2014

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bangkok
“Upmarket eats”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

A trendy bakery / bar with very tempting pastries :) Decent coffee and a nice ambience, well worth stopping for a while

Visited July 2014
Vientiane, Laos
“Not much but a simple bakery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

I had lunch with friends as we were travelling back to Vientiane and needed food. We choose to eat here but I found it to be simply a bakery that sells bread, coffee and cakes. I had a ham and cheese baguette which wasn't something special. Sells nice fresh bread but can easily get that anywhere in Vang Vieng.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Vientiane, Laos
“OK, but loud horrible music”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Had a sort of very hard brownie and a banana shake for dessert after eating elsewhere.

Everything was relatively fine but wouldn't go back as it was unnecessarily noisy with extremely bad pop music blasting away.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice inside, decent coffee, so-so baked goods”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

I have gone here a few days during my visit. I like the inside and I can comfortable write in my journal or read my Kindle. The Laos coffee is good and strong. I just didn't find the baked goods to be great. To me they are similar to baked goods that would come in plastic packaging in the US.

I don't find many other places in VV like this, so that is why I made it my morning coffee spot.

The service could be better, but that seems to be the case almost everywhere in Laos. You always need to get the servers attention. They never come to you. When my dishes are empty please remove them. I shouldn't have to call you over to clear my table.

They do have a lot of flowers in the restaurant which is nice, but it also attracts bees. I left before I wanted to today because there were 3 bees that would not leave my table.

Visited July 2014