“Kanggaroo”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Australian, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Kangaroo Sunset has been the highlight of Vang Vieng for us! we have ate here every day when we stay in her. Because the food is amazing, or for the incredible views& the friendly relaxed atmosphere. The staff awalys made a great job of making everyone feel welcome.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

A little bit out from the tourist street. Lucky we found it on the way to the cave (can’t remember the name). It was a sunny day and we decided to cool down at the bar. So we had beers and fries. Just relax and enjoy the nice view and good music. And of course they have free Wifi and a classic pool table.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Food is pretty affordable. We had a few dishes and we strongly receommend the Laos Curry - something like THai Green Curry but nicer. We also tried their beer chicken burger and onion rings.

Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Kangaroo Sunset really has been the highlight of Vang Vieng for me!

I ate here every day of my 5 week stay. Not just because the food is amazing, or for the incredible views, but because of the friendly relaxed atmosphere.

Keo and Joei do such a great job of making everyone feel welcome, from the second you walk in. I've worked in hospitality all my life and I know that is ultimately what will keep you coming back!

The menu features both Lao and western dishes, and Keo's beautiful wife Mai cooks them all perfectly! I tried almost everything at least once, including the cocktails!

This place became like a second home for me in Laos. I made some really great friends here, and have some unforgettable memories to take away with me!

Missing it already and can't wait to come back!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

humidity, cold beer, awesome fried prawn rolls, cool atmosphere, very laid back and had some aussie rock playing in the background. i was in heaven.