“Great food”

Realmonte, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Canadian poutine here makes me want to go to canada next it is so good.. I have ate here 6 times or so during my 1 month stay!! very nice people

Visited February 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Denmark, Australia
“Decent but what's with the hype?”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Came here on the back of a free cocktail flyer after getting off the bus.
Location is away from the hub of Vang Vieng but we liked that. Lovely view for sunset over the limestone hills.
Cocktails good and beer cold. Food was fine but sorry guys the beer lao burger is not the best burger in Lao. Service was adequate although when we were there people got moved to share tables to make way for larger parties. Worth a visit.

• Visited May 2013
“Exceptional in every aspect!”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Kangaroo Sunset is the ultimate cure to boredom, hunger, homesickness and most importantly, lack of intoxication.

Upon entering my heart lightly swoons at the attractive bartender who offers me a drink. Creating happiness and warmth in the form of a stiff drink is all apart of the job for this Jack Sparrow look alike, who also doubles as the laid back yet efficient waiter with whom a good convo and laugh is a given.

The food service is extremely fast, portions are large, well presented and most of all just outright delicious. As I was literally licking my plate with a large, satisfied grin on my face, it's easy to say Kangaroo Sunset has the best food in Vang Vieng, maybe even Laos!

The music flows with the feel of the restaurant, as laid back classic tunes compliment the amazing food and good company during the early stages of the night and then more lively beats begin as the delicious, boozy concoctions are being made and drunk in rapid waves.

The owners, and their adorable puppy Happy, are always about to make you feel at home and apart of the Kangaroo Sunset family in whatever way they can and their kind hearts are evident through their hospitality and service.

After drinking and eating there almost everyday during my stay, it is safe to say I lost a bit of my heart to the sweet humble bar that manages to make those exploring an almost different world, feel right at home.

Adelaide
“not sure where to start...”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

it's hard to explain what makes kangaroo sunset so good.

it's not the fact that it has the best food in vangvieng
or that the australian bartender looks like jack sparrow
or that the owner kao is one of the friendliest people in the world
or that they have the cutest puppy i've ever seen

it's the fact that they have all of these positive qualities in the one place.
i ate and drink here six days in a row, they must be doing something right...

love you kangaroo sunset!

London
“YOU HAVE TO GO HERE....”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Its the kind of place that you can turn up and not know anyone and leave with best friends, Inevitably when you travel with your other half arguments happen, I walked up to bar and asked to buy some cigarettes and the very friendly barman (Will) who looks like Captain Jack Sparrow told me where but I think sensed my poor mood post my argument and said "But you can have one of mind if you like dude". From there the and the rest of the Bar Staff through a series of drinking games and playing Killer (pool game) got the whole bar socialising even though we didn't know each other. The owner is a top dude and is a very charitable local legend who does a lot for the community and dances round the joint like hes on a night out himself.

They actually give you drinks if you win or lose various games and dish out free drinks here and there to people who are getting in the mood. People were freely plugging their IPods / Phones into the Stereo system and we all did a set each..

*** I honestly cannot tell you how amazing this place is.... a real rare proper treat once in a lifetime...

** they also cooked us food after the kitchen closed ;)

Sorry I didn't come back the 2nd night guys (had some stuff to deal with)....