“Don't bother going anywhere else!”
Review of Kangaroo Sunset Bar - CLOSED

Kangaroo Sunset Bar
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Australian, Canadian
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is by far the greatest restaurant/bar you will come across in Vang Vieng let alone all of Laos. After eating average food for 3 weeks around South East Asia, having every meal at Kangaroo was a luxury. I ate every meal here for an entire week and it's safe to say it's the best food I had on my whole trip and the best burger and chips I have ever eaten in my life. Keo, the owner, goes to extreme measures to accomodate everyone and I had the pleasure of spending my birthday there to which he even ordered a cake and threw a party for me. He makes the best cocktails (ask for the Carlos) and loves joining in on the party. I would go back any day and it has the most spectacular views and the atmosphere is so warm and inviting. As an added bonus the music is the best you will hear at any bar due to Bryce, the Australian who also works there. It's not a place to miss and I guarantee you will be looked after by the two of them. If only i lived in Laos and got to spend everyday there. Miss this place so much!

1  Thank iliaben

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We came here for the pool table and returned many times for the food and the great atmosphere. The owner is a great guy.... I will go back again!!

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Unbelievably cool and helpful staff, amazing food, gorgeous scenery. I went there every day for the week I was in Vang Vieng, and only left because I had to fly back to Sydney. Cool, chilled out atmosphere, so glad we found it and def worth checkin out.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

Such a great menu with extremely reasonable prices and so many delicious options - must try the pizza baguettes! Although not in the centre of town, the views of the surrounding mountains are spectacular and create a very relaxed atmosphere. Most importantly the service is wonderful! The bartender Kau is incredibly warm, friendly and generous with the free drinks! We never wanted to leave kangaroo sunset!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

A nice relaxing place at the quieter end of town. The food was tasty, baguettes, wraps and pittas, salads. Nice friendly chatty waiter. They played some great chilled out music which went well with the food and the lovely sunsets.