“Good food”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Australian, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The menu of the bar is various, with both Asian and Western food, and all of the food we ordered was absolutely delicious and as cheap as you'll find anywhere in Laos. We were showm to the kitchen and how food was being prepared. The toilet is clean and there is a pool table if you want something more active than just eating and drinking.

There are newer reviews for Kangaroo Sunset Bar

Reviewed February 2, 2012

It was a funny place to spent some hours while being there you'd better enjoy some party.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

We went here for nearly every meal while in Vang Vieng. I know I may have missed out on some other places but after the Massaman curry I had for the first meal we were both happy to try more. Every meal we had was great. The place isn't the liveliest in town (apparently it's been closed a while) but the view, friendliness and food more than made up. AND they've got Marmite! Good job.

Reviewed January 16, 2011

I was walking down the road from my guesthouse when i heard some sort of psychedelic rock and was immediately drawn in. My girlfriend and I had the intention of only staying for an early dinner but ended up staying all night! The food was fantastic and blew every other resteraunt out of the water, seriously (try the massaman chicken). the music was great, beers cold, and the manager Jesse fom Australia made us feel right at home. Has a pool table too. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed August 8, 2010

Just had a great time watching the sun set from the kangaroo bar after a hard day of tubing :) recommended!