“Great restaurant hidden away at the back of Masaka”
Review of Cafe Frikadellen

Cafe Frikadellen
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Masaka
Cuisines: European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cafe Frikadellen is started by a Danish couple and here we serve Danish and European food such as burgers, steaks, chicken and fries, Italian food, Greek food, etc. Every Friday we have barbecue buffet from 6 pm. And this event which is often well attended. The cafe has outdoor areas where you can sit in the shade and enjoy your food. Inside we have a small playroom for the kids and some cozy tables where you can sit with your notebook and write home.
Reviewed February 16, 2012

This little gem is off the beaten track toward one end of Masaka. My daughter had been before & I wondered where she was leading us when we went there for a late lunch! The restaurant has both outdoor & indoor seating areas. We went twice during our visit to Uganda & prefered sitting outdoors. The surrounding gardens are pretty & it takes you away from the noise & bustle of Masaka. The menu is excellent & if in need of traditional western food then it is perfect. The portions are huge & the food is very tasty. The waitress who looked after us was lovely & she has convinced my daughter (out there for a year) to go back for one of their Friday night BBQs, which are meant to be popular events. There is also a craft shop attached to the restaurant selling nice gifts & jewellery and worth a quick browse. Would highly recommend going to, if in or passing through Masaka.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

I was taken to this cafe by friends of mine who live in the area. I had been told that it was the best restaurant in Masaka. I went Friday evening for the BBQ and it was without a doubt some of the best food I have eaten in Uganda. It is not like any restaurant I have been in. It is like going to a good neighbourhood friends home for a BBQ. The pumpkin soup with home made bread, fresh salads, the cassava chips and guacamole, the tender pieces of beef, chicken and pork BBQ was just the start of the evening. There was just a peaceful excitement in air. There were 7 or 8 tables of people came from many parts of the world as well as Uganda. I meet a number of Peace Corp workers, a business man, and many of the locals. It was a night I will not easily forget. No one was in a rush to leave....... the owner and operator Carston lite the first fire in the new fireplace and many folks sat around and enjoyed the atmosphere. Later dessert was served chocolate cake and fresh coffee.

It was not expensive for what you got.....

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Went there with a group of friends for lunch which proved to be a real let down. Main course was greasy and not especially tasty but the dessert was actually pretty good. Saving grace was the wi-fi and there's a good gift shop there too.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

Good traditional Danish dishes and free internet free internet available.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I think that cafe frikadellen is the best place to hang out in Masaka. The food is great and it is a MUST when tou are visiting Masaka!