“Amazing” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2011

Me and my husband have just got back from our stay at Tamassa we had a fantastic time the food was amazing especially at the playa restaurant staff were so friendly especially poojah and Pamela in the main restaurant and Vikram in the B Bar.The rooms were fantastic very spacious and cleaned twica a day with new towels placed in.Staff were always helpful working hard to keep the hotel lovely and clean which it was at all times would definately visit again and loved the interaction with lions at the safari park.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ali191278

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (756)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2011

stayed here in march 2010 for 6 nights and after an upgrade due to the fact the operator (thomson tailormade) had moved us from our original hotel due to overbooking, we were more than happy.

lovely modern and contemporary resort, immaculate rooms and grounds including the pools, large gym, lovely spa and tentative, but not hassling staff.

the only down fall was the beach on the hotel is very narrow and a little rocky, but walk 3 mins round the corner and its wider and lovely white sand.
the resturant had a great variety of food and we never ahd the same meal twice-the only niggle would be the waiting staff were a little slow on clearing the tables, but no rush it is mauritian time after all!

all inclusive is a must, as like alot of south asian resorts, the drinks can be pricey.
we didint do any trips as we were only here for 6 nights to relax.

weather was fine, rained every afternoon between 2-4pm, other than that wa sunny!

overall, id say this was a fantastic resort, modern, clean with a great variety of facilties that easily compares with other 4 star hotels in other parts of the world such as thailand, south pacific and beats alot of the carribean hands down.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elite_trainers
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2011

I stayed at the Tamassa for a week in January. First impressions of the hotel were good, it is very modern looking and the check-in process was smoove before being shown to my room. My room was really close to the beach with a great view of the sunset each evening.

The bar staff in B-Bar were brilliant (esp Rajiv), always ensuring I was well looked after and taking the time to get to know various guests regardless of nationality.

The staff in the Show Restaurant were not as attentive unfortunately. With thoughtful improvements they could make this better. In my opinion you should be given a dedicated spot for dining with your own waiter. Every night I was given a new table and new waiter who really didn't care or smile. Giving someone their own dedicated waiter gives staff the opportunity to build up that rapport with guests and provide a more personal service (and give guests the opportunity to tip for the service which should hopefully lead to better service). I've travelled a number of times to the Maldives and it works successfully there. The food can be repetitive in nature but I really enjoyed the Mauritian night which brought more variety "to the table".

The beach was nice. Again with a little attention to clearing the dead coral from the beach can make a difference to guests' experience.

All this said, I really did enjoy my stay and would return if the holiday was price competitively as it was for this trip.

I travelled with Emirates via Dubai from London and found the flight ok for Economy despite the fact Emirates have taken all the foot rests away from their fleet of aircraft. The Boeing777-300ER aircraft I flew on was relatively brand new with a great entertainment system but if you have people around you it can make it feel claustrophobic as the seats in their normal position are bolt upright and to recline the seats causes problems straight away for those around you.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank rob_1980
Jhb SA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2011

wants to say that we had an awesome time!!! the resort is beautiful!!! facilities excellent!!! teh staff are the greatest asset though!!! from the reception staff to the cleaning staff, everyone was so polite and helpful and each made sure our stay was more than good. my kids were thoroughly entertained by either the activities at the kids club or the schedule for the day!!! the food was great and the place was superbly clean!!!! thank you tamassa for really giving us an amazing holiday!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JhbSACarolann
Umtentweni
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

We stayed at Tamassa from 11 - 21 Dec 2010 and had a wonderul experience. We found the service brilliant, the facilities were great, we liked the beach and our room was lovely.
We found all staff were brilliant and all went the extra mile to make sure that we enjoyed our stay. From the moment we arrived, if we asked anyone for directions to a particular part of the hotel, they didn't just point us in the right direction, they took us to where we wanted to go, chatting helpfully along the way!
The cleaning staff were magnificent. Everywhere we went there were people cleaning and our rooms were serviced twice a day and were always very clean with clean towels etc. Our cleaning lady was a very nice lady who really made sure that everything was perfect all the time.
The staff in both restaurants were brillaint and always very helpful. I'v forgotten the name of all our favourites but my husband thought that Rafik (the "Beach Boy") was particularly good as he was always rushing around, making sure everyone on the beach had what they needed.
I have to mention the crockey and cutlery - I found the attention to detail when the hotel chose these is amazing. Everything was "different" and not normal run of the mill crockey and cutlery - from lop sided glasses, triangular plates, "squashed" looking soup cups (at Playa) and cutlery that was different. I enjoyed using these "different" things!
I loved the beach. Although it was quite rocky, the snorkelling was great and we enjoyed all the watersports.
I found the music at the pool next to the B Bar was a bit noisy for my liking, during the day, but it was a nice, fun place to hang out. I enjoyed the pool near our room more.
The entertainment team were great and always ready to get the guests busy with some activity if they wanted to. We particularly liked Ricardo - he's very friendly and fun to be with. He is a great asset to the hotel as he sang its praises at every opportunity.
My children enjoyed the Tilapia Kids Club. The made friends at the hotel so didn't go to kiddies club everyday but enjoyed it when they did.
The staff at the Boat House were very helpful and made it very easy to book extra excursions ie swimmign with the dolphins (which I highly recommend).
All in all, we loved our stay at Tamassa and I will highly recommend it to other people.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank TravelBug4235
gauteng
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

Spent 8 days at Tamassa from 11 to 19 December 2010. Cant tell you how much we enjoyed it. The staff are great, helpful and always willing to go out of their way. Meloni, Sylvester (You're a star), Satish (Great Guy), Vincent, Rashid and many more made our stay great. On the 16th December, we celebrated our 30th wedding aniversary and were sent a special invitation by Playa restaurant for dinner, with menus with our names and a special cake made and all the staff singing congratulations. The matre'd at Playa (did not get his name) is on the ball all the time. Got back to our apartment and there was a fruit bowl and a bottle of champagne. Great touch. We met some amazing people as well and though we could not do much in the way of water sports, (as my husband had a back op) we were entertained all the time. we will definitely be back in a couple of years with the whole family. On the all inclusive package, only downside is they need to have more semi sweet and rose wines, and a larger variety of cocktails.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank everyll
geraledineMauritius, Public Relations Manager at Tamassa, responded to this review, January 6, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your taking the time to post your reviews on Trip Advisor. It is much appreciated. We are delighted to hear that you were pleased with the hotel facilities and enjoyed your dinner at Playa Restaurant. We will certainly pass your comments onto our staff especially Melonie, Sylveste, Rashid and others.
Thank you so much for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Kind Regards
All the team of Tamassa
Mauritius
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

I stayed there over the Christmas weekend with my son and family. The hotel itself is very nice with it's 4 swimming pools.
My son just loves it. We booked with early check-in and late check-out, but were made to wait for the official hours for our room.
The room itself was clean, but the air-conditioning leaked the whole night. We had to put 2 towels down on the floor to hide the sound of dripping water.
Food was not terrible considering the time we went there (Christmas). The meat wasn't cooked well and although i asked well done meat to the waiter, i kept getting medium done meat. There isn't really a child friendly menu. That sucked, 'cos all my son ate was bread and pasta. There was a vegetarian corner for a special delegation (i imagine) and their food looked yummy!!!
I almost forget the girl at the reception of the SPA was very rude ! I hope it was only because they made her work for Christmas!
It's my second stay at the hotel, and I have to say I was really disappointed. It doesn't come near a 4 * to me. Sorry!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Zilwa Attitude
#1 of 3 in Calodyne
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,243 reviews
Paradise Cove Boutique Hotel

Been to Tamassa? Share your experiences!