“Wonderful Break”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Break”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Me and my sister went to this lovely hotel on this beautiful Island in Feb this year, it was a feidns wedding. The staff were very friendly and helpful, always saying hello as you passed them, the choice of food was great for every meal. Unfortunately when we went it was cyclone season and we did have storms for most of the week but the hotel and resort was stunning regardless. Would recommend for anyone to go here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Becnev90
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the beautiful feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The team Tamassa is indeed outstanding and very committed to our guest services. Thank you for the recognition.

Nitesh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (783)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Johannesburg, Michigan
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Tamassa gave us the best holiday in Mauritius. We spend a week of absolute pleasure from arrival to departure. My daughter Tamanda loved the food, the swimming pools, the kids club and the everyday entertainment in the evenings.

I was ill on my first night and the hotel staff took it upon themselves to get me the medical service as well as the care for my daughter while I had gone to the hospital.

The pleasure of receiving service across all hotel areas was greatly appreciated - the smiles, the reaching out at all times, the visibility.... . The managers on dury always made themselves available and accessible.

Even quests at the hotel were extremmely friendly and it was easy to make friends . My daughter Tamanda made goods friends with Shana from England and this looks like friendship preplanned!

Room Tip: The Spa is utragiously priced and unfortunately I could not get the needed services I had planned fo...
2 Thank mamapudi
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the amazing feedback.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and the team Tamassa took very good care of your daughter and your goodself.

caterham on the hill
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I highly recommend this hotel, its stylish relaxing and has everything..
The staff especially in the restaurants are very caring and there for your every need.Beautiful calming and relaxing that's the Tamassa hotel with beautiful surroundings and a lovely beach.The food is great too and every themed night in the restaurants are then decorated accordingly all matching, even down to the table cloths! Who ever designed this hotel has great vision even the toilet area has coloured glass wash basins, relaxing piped music throughout giving a feeling of wellbeing. The Manager was very kind and attentive always giving a helping hand to his staff. The rooms were fab with large built in wardrobes, if I could pick a fault it would be no toilet brush in our toilet and the male receptionist in the spa was a bit poker faced! But would not stop us going back to this lovely place! Lovely country Lovely people! Go you will love it!!!!!!

Room Tip: Our room was up one flight of stairs which was fab, but they do ones right opposite the beach they w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank dor65
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this amazing feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is good to read about the management, I am very happy to learn good news about team work at Tamassa.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We spent a week at Tamassa and it was probably the best service we've ever experienced during all of our travels over the years! I have never before encountered such an amazing group of people, who put their customers needs at the centre of their universe. The one word that was completely unheard of during our stay was... "NO". There was not a single request that was too big or too difficult for the staff to handle - and they did this with smiles on their faces. The assistant F&B Manager (Andre), even offered to make us special food, because we enjoyed the Mauritian buffet so much :-) We interacted with nearly all of the managers on duty, including the GM, and they themselves were always eager to know if they could be of service, the maintainence manager even gave us a few tips for our garden at home :-) We have certainly made a lifetime of memories during our stay and have made a whole bunch of new friends. A special note must be made of the following staff: Rajiv, Derek, Vissen, Ooma, Kevin, Vippen and Andre. thank you very much for the amazing experience. Keep up the excellent standards of service!

4 Thank Collin J
Dear Mr. Collin,

Thank you for your inspiring feedback.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us followed by a safe journey back home.

Once again, our core value gets the recognition.

Getting so many names of our team members who shine out to provide outstanding services is a perfect showcase of hospitality at Tamassa.

Leigh-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just returned from what was a fab holiday with my family, This is a hotel where nothing is too much trouble, the service deserves 110%, the staff are a credit. Everywhere is kept exceptionally clean and to a high maintenance. Both the restaurants are of a high standard but the a la' carte was our favourite and well worth booking for each evening, check out "Rachel" our favourite waitress, she'll look after you as do all the others too!! Our Son who is 12yrs old and a very fussy eater was catered for every night as the chef would very kindly cook him something different to what was on offer on the menu...the service was brilliant. Should you stay at the Tamassa definitely treat yourself to some pampering at the LUX* spa while you are there, the treatments and the girls are wonderful, well worth a visit.
Having stayed in some lovely hotels over the years we would definitely recommend staying here should you decide to visit The Mauritius....Loads to do if you want it and a fabulous place to just chill out and do nothing but read your book on the beach with excellent waiter service that you don't even have to leave your sunbed...Look out for Teddy and Runga....superb service and always with a smile!! The Beach Hawkers who sell all the jewellery etc are lovely people too, never harassing just very friendly....Look out for Teresa and Harry!!
Overall, cannot find anything negative to say about the Tamassa only a Thank you for a wonderful holiday :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in a Ground floor Beach front room....very spacious, located a few feet from the beach and...
2 Thank Tracey2611
Dear guest,

Thank you for the amazing feedback.

My team has always made me proud and makes it so easy for me. I am delighted to read your fabulous comments and especially the people part, as how each team member go out of their way to make each guests stay a memorable one.

We make each moment matter at Tamassa.

Paris
Reviewed August 27, 2013

OMG!!!I've never expect to visit a hotel with such good services...And I can assure this to you since in a laps of time less than 6 months I've already visited the hotel 3 times...So just imagine how I was very pleased with the quality...Already at the reception they welcomed you with such a warmth welcome that it made you feel at ease and make you feel like a member of this big family...Its found in such a beautiful environment which is calm and relaxing to pass holidays or to pass sometimes with your family...And yes lovers of cocktails and food you will not be disappointed believe me...And don't worry everyone can find their pleasure over there as it proposed a variety of activities for all aged...And its for sure that I will end this year with a fourth stay....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank parispupuce
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review.

I am overwhelmed and delighted with your loyalty towards Tamassa. A comeback of any guests could be the biggest gift and thank you towards the hard work of our team.

On your last visit, you have returned as a resident, and we look forward to welcome you back as a family.

Vacoas
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Tamassa Hotel is one of the most wonderful, splendid and welcome hotel in Mauritius.I visited many hotels in Mauritius but Tamassa is an hotel that I really feel at home.
From the reception to the room service,the service is perfect.
Don't forget the food,it was very very delicious.
A special thanks to CHEF ESHAN and his team.He did a remarkable work according to the
buffet from morning till evening.
It was a pleasure for me and my whole family(12 people) to meet Chef Eshan and his Team.
We had an unforgettable moment at Tamassa Resort.
I encourage all mauritians or tourists to visit Tamassa,here would be the DREAM COMES TRUE.
From: MR MIKE MUNGUR (MINE DES ILES), MR BRUNO JOANNY AND HIS FAMILY COMING FROM FRANCE.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side,good view on seaside.
Thank Roy Mike Manfre... M
Dear Mr. Mike,

Thank you for the beautiful feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our culinary team is certainly our asset, we strongly believe that food is a very essential part of a vacation and I am glad that Chef Ehsan along with his chefs went out of their way to make your stay an outstanding one.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
#1 of 4 in Grand Gaube
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 12 in Belle Mare

Been to Tamassa? Share your experiences!