“just returned from Tamassa Hotel 21 Aug 2013”
Review of Tamassa

Tamassa
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Leigh-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“just returned from Tamassa Hotel 21 Aug 2013”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just returned from what was a fab holiday with my family, This is a hotel where nothing is too much trouble, the service deserves 110%, the staff are a credit. Everywhere is kept exceptionally clean and to a high maintenance. Both the restaurants are of a high standard but the a la' carte was our favourite and well worth booking for each evening, check out "Rachel" our favourite waitress, she'll look after you as do all the others too!! Our Son who is 12yrs old and a very fussy eater was catered for every night as the chef would very kindly cook him something different to what was on offer on the menu...the service was brilliant. Should you stay at the Tamassa definitely treat yourself to some pampering at the LUX* spa while you are there, the treatments and the girls are wonderful, well worth a visit.
Having stayed in some lovely hotels over the years we would definitely recommend staying here should you decide to visit The Mauritius....Loads to do if you want it and a fabulous place to just chill out and do nothing but read your book on the beach with excellent waiter service that you don't even have to leave your sunbed...Look out for Teddy and Runga....superb service and always with a smile!! The Beach Hawkers who sell all the jewellery etc are lovely people too, never harassing just very friendly....Look out for Teresa and Harry!!
Overall, cannot find anything negative to say about the Tamassa only a Thank you for a wonderful holiday :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in a Ground floor Beach front room....very spacious, located a few feet from the beach and...
2 Thank Tracey2611
Dear guest,

Thank you for the amazing feedback.

My team has always made me proud and makes it so easy for me. I am delighted to read your fabulous comments and especially the people part, as how each team member go out of their way to make each guests stay a memorable one.

We make each moment matter at Tamassa.

Nitesh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Paris
Reviewed August 27, 2013

OMG!!!I've never expect to visit a hotel with such good services...And I can assure this to you since in a laps of time less than 6 months I've already visited the hotel 3 times...So just imagine how I was very pleased with the quality...Already at the reception they welcomed you with such a warmth welcome that it made you feel at ease and make you feel like a member of this big family...Its found in such a beautiful environment which is calm and relaxing to pass holidays or to pass sometimes with your family...And yes lovers of cocktails and food you will not be disappointed believe me...And don't worry everyone can find their pleasure over there as it proposed a variety of activities for all aged...And its for sure that I will end this year with a fourth stay....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank parispupuce
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review.

I am overwhelmed and delighted with your loyalty towards Tamassa. A comeback of any guests could be the biggest gift and thank you towards the hard work of our team.

On your last visit, you have returned as a resident, and we look forward to welcome you back as a family.

Vacoas
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Tamassa Hotel is one of the most wonderful, splendid and welcome hotel in Mauritius.I visited many hotels in Mauritius but Tamassa is an hotel that I really feel at home.
From the reception to the room service,the service is perfect.
Don't forget the food,it was very very delicious.
A special thanks to CHEF ESHAN and his team.He did a remarkable work according to the
buffet from morning till evening.
It was a pleasure for me and my whole family(12 people) to meet Chef Eshan and his Team.
We had an unforgettable moment at Tamassa Resort.
I encourage all mauritians or tourists to visit Tamassa,here would be the DREAM COMES TRUE.
From: MR MIKE MUNGUR (MINE DES ILES), MR BRUNO JOANNY AND HIS FAMILY COMING FROM FRANCE.

Room Tip: rooms on the south side,good view on seaside.
Thank Roy Mike Manfre... M
Dear Mr. Mike,

Thank you for the beautiful feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our culinary team is certainly our asset, we strongly believe that food is a very essential part of a vacation and I am glad that Chef Ehsan along with his chefs went out of their way to make your stay an outstanding one.

Teddington, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a warm welcome back and were recognised as repeat guests, as soon as we arrived.
Benoit, Neha and their warm and friendly team who are always ready to help ensured our stay was pleasant and our needs were met.
A special thank you to Priya Bonomally and Ravi Gangaram for all their help right from the beginning of arranging our stay.
For our family visit, the facility of the Kids Club was spot on. Our 7 year old was apprehensive joining but thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the friendliness of the caring staff. He couldn't wait to return to try out the variety of activities taking place, allowing the adult members of the family to have a relaxed evening meal and making the most of the other facilities such as the lovely Spa .
We were very impressed with Housekeeping. When my 7 year old dropped a bottle of Sprite on the terrace, this was cleared up within minutes.
The hotel has a great package of services and facilities. We left Tamassa feeling we had experienced a high level of professional service delivered by a devoted and caring team.

Nitesh P, General Manager at Tamassa, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the beautiful feedback.

Your comment delights me, as I see so many of our team members shining out in helping our guests celebrate life.

We make each moment matter at Tamassa.

New Grove
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is our third stay at this fantastic beach resort in 2013. Our entire satisfaction is reflected in our frequent stay at the Tamassa Hotel. It is excellent in all spheres. The staff is dedicated and extremely service oriented. They take every effort to serve and pamper their guests. We loved every moment of our visit at the Tamassa Hotel and we have a special mention to Priya Bonomally and Harish Mamraj who did their best to make our stay a dream. We will certainly finish the year 2013 with a fourth stay at this memorable hotel. Vadivel Moothy and family.

Nitesh P, General Manager at Tamassa, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Vadivel family,

Thank you for your beautiful feedback.

We are highly thankful to your family for your loyalty towards Tamassa. The whole credit goes to the team, who ensures that you have a great time during each stay.

Mauritius
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Recently I stayed at Tamassa with my daughter and son in law. Usually I don’t travel much but upon insistence of my daughter, I agreed to a 2 night stay at this beautiful place to the south of Mauritius. Well, where should I begin? We were warmly welcomed at the beautiful reception lobby of the resort by the team at Front Office and Mr. Benoit George(Front Office Manager) and Mr. Nitesh Pandey (General Manager) came out personally to meet us. We were beginning to feel like Royalty with all the attention and care being shown. Fresh scented cold towels, a very refreshing welcome drink and the Kids club manager also came by to say hello to my grandson and tell him about all activities he can do there. The rooms are beautiful with bright colours. We had interconnecting rooms on the beach front which meant a lot of sunshine and easy access for me to the beach. We had dinner at The Show on the first night. It was an Italian night and the Chef had prepared a special meal for me as I recently had a tooth surgery. They have an Indian Chef there who makes wonderful Indian food! The next day while my daughter and her family enjoyed the pool and lots of activities from Table Tennis, Tennis and may other games; I went for a long walk along the beautiful beach in front of the resort and also walked around the very nice gardens of the hotel. It must be a difficult task to maintain all such gardens so well but one could see vast expanse of greenery everywhere around. I also had a very good spa treatment at the Spa. The Spa to me is one of the most beautiful spas in Mauritius. Very relaxing and the massage was very relaxing indeed. In our rooms was also a flyer of a private spa treatment for a couple by a specially decorated kiosk by the poolside. Looked beautiful and very serene. Breakfast was a good spread but the best meal we had was Lunch at Playa sitting right on the beach. Risotto was very nice and so was the tortellini according to my family members. The Crème brulee is a must try. Every evening they have a different dinner theme at Show and we enjoyed our Chinese style buffet dinner there on the second night. I could see several managers walking around the resort talking to guests. Tamassa to me is a perfect holiday place. My only complaint – 2 nights is not enough.... Next time I shall insist on more! A big Thank you to Mr. Pandey, Mr. Ravi, Chef Vinay as also to several people in restaurants like Chef Waheed, Sajeed, Naeem, Andrei, Altaaf, Roshan and Chef Karan Singh and many others whose names I unfortunately don’t remember. The Spa ladies were fabulous and special thank you to Priya. I look forward to going back soon!

1 Thank NK1233456
Nitesh P, General Manager at Tamassa, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback.

Your detailed comment covers all areas of our beautiful resorts and I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us along with your family.

I am glad to read through all praises for our team, along with the food, the service, the kids club, the beach, the garden and the spa experience.

Phoenix
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I'v been to Tamassa hotel three times, first time for my honeymoon, second time for 1st wedding anniversary and recently with family.
Every time it's been a pleasure being there, with friendly and helpful staff.
At the reception we met some nice folks, Priya, Shirley and even Rohan who came to our room at 3am since we had a problem with the key and made it a point to call after to ensure that everything was ok.
At the restaurant, Navina made sure we had everything we needed, and of course with a smile
I really appreciated the little attention that makes a customer feel valued and welcome.
So I would say Tamassa's strength is definitely its staff!
In December a few relatives are planning to have another stay so maybe it'll be another chance to live the wonderful experience again :)

Nitesh P, General Manager at Tamassa, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Deepa,

Thank you so much for your amazing feedback.

Your beautiful comment makes my day, as you mention about our most important core value: “Our People”. It is a pleasure to see so many names of team members shining out.

It is indeed a pleasure and once again thank you for your loyalty towards Tamassa.

Team Tamassa assures you “Great Moments” for all future stays of your goodself.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
#1 of 4 in Grand Gaube
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 12 in Belle Mare

Been to Tamassa? Share your experiences!