“Just returned 6/8/13-21/8/13”
Review of Tamassa Resort

Tamassa Resort
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have never before written a review,but after 15 fantastic days at Tamassa just had to write.
Firstly the negatives.NONE.All we can say to the people who have given negative comments is you must have looked with a magnifying glass to find anything wrong with this beautiful hotel.
where shall I start.
Staff treated us like we were King and Queen of Sheba.Chairs pulled out,food carried for us,couldn't put a glass down without it being refilled,with a tipple,which all staff knew,what you drank within one day. So kind,polite and helpful,nothing was too much trouble.
Grounds are outstanding,we are sure that the gardeners pick up every fallen leaf.
Food,there was so much to choose from,I cannot believe that anyone could not find something they liked.The Playa ( by the beach ) serves exquisite food ,which is also included in the All Inc.
I lost my insulin pen, but our rep Francesse managed to find me a replacement at a pharmacy,ordered us a cab,we were back at hotel within the hour,and all my worries relieved.
Lux Spa paradise.I had a massage ( 1200 rupees ) worth every rupee. Sauna,steam room,jacuzzi and dip pool all free to use.
Bathroom,never a shortage of hot water,plenty of soap,shampoo,shower gel.
Fridge,always replenished,as was the tea,coffee and milk.
On first eve 3 different people came to our room with carved fruit,fresh milk,flannels.
Had a cake with candles to celebrate our anniversary,lovely surprise.
So to All the wonderful staff ,too many to mention,thanks for making our 10th anniversary so special,keep up the good work.

Room Tip: All rooms are well situated
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Danhil2013
Nitesh P, General Manager at Tamassa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing feedback.

Firstly, thank you so much for opening an account on Trip Advisor, just for us. We request all our guests to let us know their feedback on this global platform, which can help us to become better and also assist all our future guests to choose Tamassa.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially on the very special occasion of your 10th anniversary.

Your detailed comment praising each section of our resort makes me feel proud of my team.

There are newer reviews for Tamassa Resort

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I like to consider myself as somewhat of a Mauritian expert, having been able to travel to the beautiful island annualy for over 10 years now. I had seen Tamassa advertised, well priced, good value for money and with a brand promise which convinced me of the promise of a good stay. I always beleive that a beautiful setting is a must and walking in the hotel, it certainly was off to a good start, but what really brought smiles of delight, were when we were greeted by the team of the hotel. Check-in is not like any normal stay, where the formalities take place in reception, these take place on the walk to your room as the property and surrounds are introduced. The rooms are well appointed, located in very close proximity to the beach with beauiful views all around. Admitedly we were blessed with fantastic weather, so time outdoors was a must. There was an array of activities on offer and was great to see so many other holiday makers participate and really enjoy. We opted for the all-inclusive package, so all our meals and drinks were included and allowed for a serious amount of indulgence - but that's what holidays are for. The food was delicious and variety was good - we would most certainly recommend the all-inclusive option as a great value add and no nasty surprises when leaving. Rebecca, a young lady who served us for dinner at the Playa Resturant on more than one occasion must be made special mention of, our dinner was made most enjoyable through her recommendations on the menu. The LUX* Me spa is another absolute must, we spoiled ourselves with a full body massage just to unwind and relax, but one was not enough and we found oursleves going back for more. We enjoyed one of the most relaxing stays we have had on the island, however, what no brochure or website can truly show 'n tell, is the story about the people who work in these beautiful hotels, the very people who create the soul of the resort. Each person with whom we came into contact with wore a genuine smile and a happiness in serving others. Tamassa has a team of people who delight in making your stay memorable and for this we must commend them. We have already recommended the property to friends and will most certainly be travelling back for another stay. A beautiful property, well located, great value for money and a team of people who make every holiday moment matter.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

At Tamassa, we understand the importance of each moment. Our team goes out of their way to create that little wow moments for our guests, which help them celebrate life.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Me and my husband choose the Tamassa because it looked like paradise and it was better than paradise! From the minute we entered the hotel we were greeted by genuinely lovely friendly people. The hotel was clean and beautiful the food was delicious especially in the playa restaurant. The weather was up and down but that didn't dampen our sprits because there is so much to do and see. The entertainment on a night was brilliant but it was the bar staff that made our nights enjoyable. Kevin, Vessin were brilliant they went out of there way to make you laugh and give great service but Kushal Ramtohul gave us the best service by far. He's brilliant at his job as he makes you feel extremely welcome and genuinely pleased to see you. His service was excellent and the Tamassa are very lucky to have him. All in all the holiday was a perfect honeymoon made that by a beautiful setting beautiful people and meeting amazing new friends! Thanks Tamassa for a honeymoon to remember for all the right reasons xx

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy R
Nitesh P, General Manager at Tamassa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Kathy,

Thank you for your beautiful feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to learn that our guests had a wonderful stay and to see so many team members name, who shine out to help our guests celebrate life.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Its hard to mention everyone who made my short stay at Tamassa an amazing one. From the service received by the staff to the spacious rooms and the amazing location. Tamassa has something to offer for all ages. Tamassa will definitely see me again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TISH L

Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

It is always a pleasure to hear such kind words from our guests. Team Tamassa is purely dedicated to helping guests celebrate life.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed at the Tamassa for 10 days in July/August 2013. We were upgraded to beach front rooms which had stunning views of the Indian Ocean. The hotel facilities were excellent. There were 3 swimming pools which were great. The two restaurants were fantastic and offered a great variety of food with all different types of cuisine. There was something for everyone but the chefs were great and catered to individual needs as well. A big thanks to Andre who made us feel so welcome and even organised a birthday party for my nephew which was great. All in all we have a fantastic time and a memorable stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sunshine12346
Nitesh P, General Manager at Tamassa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful feedback.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

At Tamassa, the entire team is dedicated to helping guests celebrate life and your mention about the culinary team justifies the same.

Andre is certainly our Star and many of guests speak very highly about him.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just returned after spending 10 fab days with my wife at the Tamassa. first time in Mauritius and was a bit anxious as to what to expect. The anxiety soon disappeared and I can now safely say that its been one of my best holidays ever!! From the room to the food to the staff to the service to the location -- none of it can be faulted. NO member of the staff, no matter of what seniority could do more to ensure that you did not have a cause to complain. The rooms were spotless (cleaned more than once a day!!), the pool area, the terraces, bar, restaurant were absolutely spotless.
Had initial concerns regarding food as we are vegetarians, however once they were aware, there was an abundant level of choice of vegetarian food, both for lunch and dinner. Different varieties every day. Also a special Indian corner if required with various different curries etc.
Location - everything was within a 2 min walk, from the room, whether its the beach, bar or restaurant or pool.
Not enough room to say more except to say that I will defo be going there again. Thanks to all you guys - Kevin, Rajiv, Satish Pritish, Sandhya, Kavita, Pooja, Bharat, Ooma, Andre plus all the others whose names I can't remember. Also a special thanks to Joanna, Ravi, Ashvin (lovely Office) and Nitesh.(All the best with the new project and the launch on the 1st of Nov). See you guys very soon.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are virtually as good as beach rooms without the added cost.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Nitesh P, General Manager at Tamassa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing feedback.

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to cater to all your needs.

What makes my day is to see the number of our team members shining out. It is all about people and I am proud to see the same.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Where do I start? My wife and I decided to spend our honeymoon during 27th June to 7th July 2013 at this hotel after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and I could not have imagined how amazing every aspect of the stay was. The drive from the airport was only 30 minutes and we arrived to a warm welcome. The hotel is stunning, the facilities are perfectly placed around the resort.

We stayed in the superior room and the layout was brilliant. The bathroom is large and with a dressing area and bath and shower. The room was made up every day and the mini bar was stocked up daily, free of charge. We were on the All Inclusive package and everything was included and I mean everything.

We used the Lux Spa and I can say it was tranquil and comforting. You could spend all day there.

The hotel boasts a beautiful beach and it was nice and peaceful. The Playa bar and restaurant are located perfectly and service is great. The resort has a water sports hut and we enjoyed the kayaks, snorkelling, pedalo's and the glass bottom boat which was all inclusive. I recommend booking the dolphin excursions through the beach hut as you save a lot more money than what Virgin Holidays quoted.

The hotel has two restaurants and you need to book in advance to dine at the Playa restaurant and the Show restaurant is a buffet style. Both restaurants have amazing cuisine, my wife and I really enjoyed the Playa bar as the food was out of this world and the service from Dev and Rebecca topped it off. They both always went out of their way to get us the food we wanted and accommodated us well. The Show restaurant have a different cuisine every night and they really put on a spectacle on for Indian night.

The B-Bar is the place for the drinks and music! The bar staff especially Kevin were great they always delivered great cocktails and went out of their way to make you different cocktails that we have never tried before. Kevin makes the best cocktails there so do look out for him if you decide to go there.

This hotel gets 5/5 from us. I can't recommend it enough. Hope to return again in the future.

Amit and Phillippa

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nitesh P, General Manager at Tamassa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Amit and Phillippa,

Thank you so much for the amazing feedback.

It was a true pleasure to read through your valuable and detailed comment.

We are on a mission of helping guest celebrate life and I am glad that you enjoyed your honeymoon with us.

At Tamassa, people are dedicated to pleasure of our guests and the service comes from the heart.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
#6 of 18 in Flic En Flac
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Tamassa Resort? Share your experiences!