We had a very disappointing experience at Le Telfair - whilst the grounds and rooms are lovely the customer service is appalling.
On the second to last day I took a taxi to the nearest village where there was an ATM as I wanted to withdraw some money to tip our babysitter. I arrived back to the room at 9.45am and the cleaner came to service the room at 10.30am. The money was gone by 11am and I was in the room but in and out by the pool. Admittedly the money should have been put in the safe but it wasn't the fact that the room cleaner took it but how it was dealt with by the manager.
I was told that the issue had been passed over to security but then saw the same woman come in to clean the room the next say which was insulting. The manager said when we checked out the next day that the issue was being looked into and I would receive an update in the next few days via email. We checked out on the 21st May and it is now the 30th with no update. This sums up the urgency and poor level of customer service - it should not take over 10 days to resolve or update a guest.
I felt that as a fair compromise for both the hotel (and us) taking responsibility for what had happened that we could split the difference in commission the hotel took for one of the 8 days we hired her ( the hotel charge 9 pounds an hour for the first hour and 6 for the hours thereafter and the sitters receive 3 pounds equivalent) The hotel said they could not do this and offered no compromise which was unreasonable.
This left a very bad taste in my mouth but to be honest there were a series of poor customer service issues from sending the wrong food from room service to finding out on arrival that we could not book into three of the five restaurants over the 11 night stay because they were fully booked which is ridiculous but be warned! I would book restaurants before you arrive as they often have weddings and functions on.
We went with friends who were at the Awali and they have stayed at Longbeach and said it was a much more modern, accommodating and professional set up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Wellness Resort offers a variety of luxury accommodation in a discrete village design with 20 different villas of 6 or 8 rooms. 158 rooms and suites have beautiful sea views or river views with floor to ceiling French windows, private balconies or verandas. Heritage Le Telfair is a member of Small & Luxury Hotels of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Le Telfair Hotel
- Hotel Le Telfair
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre