“Magnificient is an understatement”

Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Magnificient is an understatement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

Excellent property.... it has everything which makes it a true luxury resort... excellent service levels... superb rooms.... awesome lanscape.... delicious food.... exquisite location.... numerous F&B options.... adjacent to another sister property awali and a seperate beach club.... this is a real treat and you will get tired trying out things but the options the resort has to offer will not end.... also located nearbu and owned by the same group is château bel ombre which is a old french château converted into a restaurant.... dont miss out on the nature reserve where you can see deers in its natural habitat near the resort.... highly recommended

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Vignesh1001
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Guests,

I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your holidays and that you've been able to experience all the offering of the Domaine.

I do hope to get to welcome you again in a close future.

My best personal regards,

Lindley Thomen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at Heritage. We were there before it was all inclusive and everything from breakfast to dinner was amazing. The staff went above and beyond out of the way to cater for my food allergy . We took the bikes available & went cycling round the area-breath taking,.Would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay, I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your experience.

I will pass on your appreciation to my entire staff and we all do hope to get to welcome you back here again.

My best personal regards,

MK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We plannd our wedding at Le Telfair and wow our expectations were certainly exceeded in every way. The hotel is one of the best we have stayed in, they cater to your every need and more.
I have a gluten free intolorance and the hotel staff were more than helpful with my diet needs, going out of their way to assist me at all times.
We met with the wedding planner, who went through everything we had already planned and any extra's we decided to have, nothing was too much trouble for them.
Our wedding day was just perfect, it also made it more special as it was the only wedding planned for that week. From the maids to reception staff to the bar assistants all of them were warm and friendly. The only way I can describe our stay at the hotel was we were made to feel like royality for the week and there can't be many hotels that can make you feel like this.
The spa is devine and the service is top notch.
The only one complaint I would have is the dinining options are not clear enough to guests, some of the resturants you have to pay a supplement for (which we didnt mind doing), but to find this out as we sat down to eat is not a great start to the meal. We were informed you had to book your dinner reservation the evening before (which we did), but we found that many of the restuarants were already booked with no places to eat, which then forced us to go to the other restuarants that we had to pay extra for. We found that people that had been there for over a week had pre-booked all their meals for the 2 weeks. i would suggest to the hotel that you can only book 2 nights in advance for each meal, this would then given other guests an opportuntity to sample the All Inclusive as well.
All in all we had a holiday of a life time and the wedding was all we imagined and more.

Room Tip: Superior rooms (the most basic) is to be fair excellent value for money, both our parents had these...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle H
Dear Guests,

Allow me first of all to thank you for having chosen the Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay and for your wedding venue. I would like to congratulate you for your engagement.

I am happy to read that you've enjoyed your stay with us and have also taken good note of your comments related to the restaurants booking.

I will pass on your appreciation to my entire staff and we all do hope to get the chance to welcome you back here again.

Vanessa your wedding coordinator will be so pleased to have you again here next year for your 1st wedding anniversary.

Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

Fantastic Hotel with great rooms and facilities and location
The only downside was the staff - my last Mauritius trip the staff literally raced to assist with every request - at this hotel you have to call a couple of times as they seem to enjoy watching while we waved our hands looking for service

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank DavidAlexFamily4
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent holidays, I am very disappointed to read that my staff did not deliver service as per your expectations, believe me that Le Telfair does not live with such behaviour and that this is an isolated case.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back here again for me to make you live the real experience of Le Telfair.

Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

The property is absolutely stunning, from the pool to the rooms, everything is well maintained and beautifully finished. We stayed at Le Telfair at the end of a safari holiday, so we were looking forward to a few days of chilling out by the pool, eating and drinking.

We chose the 'all inclusive' package which, we understood, meant the inclusion of all our food and drinks throughout our stay. There were two drawbacks to this. Firstly, the terminology in the restaurants is confusing. Perhaps intentionally so? In some restaurants the 'all inclusive' package is referred to as 'Gourmet Bliss', in others "AI". Why? It seems utter madness to have two separate terms for the same thing, all in the hotel. This meant that it is not entirely clear, until this alternative terminology has been explained (which no-one bothered to do with us until we complained following a misunderstanding in Annabelles), if certain items are 'included'. This leads to the second issue we had with the package, that the majority of items (food and drink) were subject to an additional supplement.

I can understand the rationale for imposing a supplement on premium products (e.g. lobster, fillet steak), however, there didn't seem to be any reasoning behind it. Rather, it seemed that the hotel was merely imposing the charge on items which it considers popular. How can they justify an additional charge for a tuna nicoise salad? Unfortunately, it felt like the hotel was trying to squeeze money out of its guests, and particularly those who have already paid a premium for the all inclusive package. The 'pork rib night' (not exactly an expensive cut?!) in Annabelles was also subject to an additional supplement, of over £30.

We were made to feel like we were on a 'coupon' discount, by asking for clarification if things were included, not the experience we expected.

The service, in the main, was surly (and in some cases quite arrogant). For example, when I was asked in Annabelle's how my food was (after we had finished eating), I (very politely) replied that the risotto was pretty tasteless and tasted like it had been cooked in water rather than stock. The waiter very snippily replied "that is how risotto is made, madame". Firstly, that's not correct, and secondly even if it was surely there's a more appropriate way to respond to a customer?! The restaurant Ginja was the exception. After complaining to the resort restaurant manager the manager very kindly comp'ed us a fabulous meal at Ginja. The staff and food there are outstanding and certainly head and shoulders above the rest of the resort.

The hotel should make up its mind if it is, or is not, a tip-free resort (other than the 'one-off' tip at the end of the stay during checkout). When presented with each bill to sign for meals etc there is a tip option. Why have this if the principle is no tipping? This lead to the staff focussing their attention on the guests who ignore the no tipping rule. I don't have an issue tipping for good service, but the no tipping rule should either be 'enforced' or they shouldnt bother with it. The butler who came to our room appeared to be persistently hanging around (I presume waiting for a tip) which, as we understood it was a no tipping hotel, was just awkward.

We left completely dismayed at the way we had been treated and the overall experience. I don't think we are particularly objectionable guests, but our experience was completely contrary to many of the other reviewers. Perhaps we were just extremely unlucky. However, unless some of the service issues are resolved, I couldn't recommend this resort.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank SingaScot
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would to thank you for having chosen Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay. I am quite deceived to read that you have not enjoyed your experience with us.

I have taken good note of your comments and believe me that I will take that up together with my team to enhance the experience of our guests.

Allow me to state on some points raised in your below comments, our Resort does propose an Al Inclusive package but a premium one which we renamed Gourmet Bliss. This package includes a lot of products which an AI package does not offer. To give a wider choice within the Gourmet Bliss package we have extended the culinary choice to Heritage Awali. Having said so we do have some experiences that are not included in that said package and these experiences are proposed with a supplement which is well communicated to our guests.

I understood that you did not realise that the ribs night was not included in your package but as a gesture my Resident Manager did offer you that specific dinner. Another complimentary dinner was also offered to you at our Pan Asian restaurant 'Gin'ja'.

You were booked in 2 two Deluxe Rooms and were upgraded upon arrival to two Senior Suites Sea view. Since a butler is attached to all our Suites, Vikash was designated to be your personal butler for your stay. He had the responsibility to brief you and plan your holidays but it was reported to me that you regrettably declined his assistance from day one.

The tipping policy is quite apparent. We highly encourage our valued guest to either drop the money in the tips box located at the reception or upon request of our client the gratuity is added to their bills at the different point of sales of the resort. This strict policy allows us to share across the board the money collected over the year equally to all our team members not only the front liners as I believe every team member, front of house or back of house contributes to the well being of our clients. We deeply regret that this has lead to some confusion.

I sincerely regret that your stay was tarnished by some incidents mainly related to miscommunication however I would love to have the chance to welcoming you back here again to be able to make you live the real Telfair experience.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

A warm welcome after a long journey, wonderful clean spacious room, great choice of places to eat, drink and swim. Friendly and helpful staff who were incredibly helpful. We went on the Gourmet Bliss package which meant we didn't have to worry about what we ate or drank ... worked really well. Everything was there to ensure a totally relaxing break. The golf course is fabulous, with a wonderful team of staff led by Ryan who look after everything for you. Great little par 3 course too! Highly recommend Le Telfair for relaxation and golf and a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: river rooms very good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Mrs Jane,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay. I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your holidays and that the team has been able to exceed your expectations. I will pass on your appreciation to all of them and a special mention will be extended to Coco your Limousine driver and the Cavendish bar team.

I have taken good note of your comments related to the service at the Main restaurant.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back here again very soon.

Saltash, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have just got back after spending two weeks at this hotel.The Island is beautiful. The hotel was was lovely with a lot of colonial style and charm. The grounds are well maintained and the beech and coral reef make a beautiful tropical setting. While we where out there we had a tour of the island which we highly recommend (please ask for coco). We spent every evening in the cavendish bar and I have too say the music was lovely not to load. We would like to thank all the staff at the cavendish bar who helped to make our stay enjoyable. It was lovely not to have to rush to get seats by the pool as there was plenty of them. The beech restaurant and take away service was spot on, as was the bar service around the pool always making sure you have a drink. There are plenty of restaurant to choose from each with a different theme, we find the evening restaurant service inconsistent how ever it did not mar a wonderful holiday. The room we had was large clean with a beautiful view of the pool and sea. We would certainly come back to this hotel. From Carol Peck.

Room Tip: 705 lovely view of sunset
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay. I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your holidays and that my team has been exceeding your expectations. I will pass on your appreciation to all of them and a special mention will be extended to Ryan and his Golf team.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back here again very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,397 reviews
Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Shanti Maurice - A Nira Resort
Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!