“Everything was fabulous!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
London, United Kingdom
“Everything was fabulous!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

A warm welcome after a long journey, wonderful clean spacious room, great choice of places to eat, drink and swim. Friendly and helpful staff who were incredibly helpful. We went on the Gourmet Bliss package which meant we didn't have to worry about what we ate or drank ... worked really well. Everything was there to ensure a totally relaxing break. The golf course is fabulous, with a wonderful team of staff led by Ryan who look after everything for you. Great little par 3 course too! Highly recommend Le Telfair for relaxation and golf and a wonderful holiday.

Room Tip: river rooms very good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Mrs Jane,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay. I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your holidays and that the team has been able to exceed your expectations. I will pass on your appreciation to all of them and a special mention will be extended to Coco your Limousine driver and the Cavendish bar team.

I have taken good note of your comments related to the service at the Main restaurant.

Lindley Thomen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Saltash, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We have just got back after spending two weeks at this hotel.The Island is beautiful. The hotel was was lovely with a lot of colonial style and charm. The grounds are well maintained and the beech and coral reef make a beautiful tropical setting. While we where out there we had a tour of the island which we highly recommend (please ask for coco). We spent every evening in the cavendish bar and I have too say the music was lovely not to load. We would like to thank all the staff at the cavendish bar who helped to make our stay enjoyable. It was lovely not to have to rush to get seats by the pool as there was plenty of them. The beech restaurant and take away service was spot on, as was the bar service around the pool always making sure you have a drink. There are plenty of restaurant to choose from each with a different theme, we find the evening restaurant service inconsistent how ever it did not mar a wonderful holiday. The room we had was large clean with a beautiful view of the pool and sea. We would certainly come back to this hotel. From Carol Peck.

Room Tip: 705 lovely view of sunset
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay. I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your holidays and that my team has been exceeding your expectations. I will pass on your appreciation to all of them and a special mention will be extended to Ryan and his Golf team.

Aarhus
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Me and my wife spent 8 wonderful days at the Telfair.
The resort is an extremely relaxing place to stay, yet the service level remains high.
Situated on the southern part of the island - in my opinion the most beautiful and lush part of the island – you have rolling green hills right behind the resort.
The transfer from the airport is roughly 45 minutes.

We stayed in a Junior Suite which was nice and spacious. Our suite was on the ground floor, so the bathroom came with an outdoor shower – very nice!
Floor pans can be found on the resort´s web site.
Staying in a suite, comes with the added benefit of the resort´s butler service. Our butler, Vikash, was the kindest young man you can imagine. And very helpful. During our stay he helped us book excursions, tables at the various restaurant, green fees and much more.

We tried the main restaurant, Annabella´s, the Cavendish Bar, the C Beach Club and the amazing Ginja. Food was great all over, but do try the Ginja at least once during your stay!
The breakfast buffet is served at Annabella´s, and it´s good and plenty full. If you´ve booked half board, an a la carte dinner is included at Annabella´s as well. The menu changes every day.
At night the Cavendish Bar offers live music and good drinks – a cozy place to hang out after dinner.
On one occasion we had the buffet dinner at the sister hotel, Awali. It was good, but not as good as the food served at Telfair. And in general, the Awali seems a bit more hectic than the Telfair (more families with kids).

Snorkeling on the reef in front of the hotel is not for everyone – in my humble opinion. If you´re not a strong swimmer, the current can become a challenge. Consider a day tour to the Blue Bay Marine Park instead.

The resort runs the Heritage Golf Club situated in the hills right behind the resort. A very nice and challenging golf course. Green fees are free for residents at Telfair and Awali. As well as a shuttle service to and from the course. Range balls, trolley and buggy will cost you a fee.

An excursion on QUAD-bikes to the adjacent Frederica Nature Reserve, is also highly recommendable. Beautiful scenery and amazing views of the coast line.

WIFI is free in most common areas (Lobby, Cavendish Bar, C Beach Club), but not in the rooms… Hopefully the resort will revise this policy soon.

We highly recommend the Telfair, and would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Neuss, Germany
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We had a tremendous great time in the Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort.
After having been in another resort in this area three years ago we can only say that this time it was even more worthfull and magnificient than the first time. Excellent rooms and facilities. A fantastic Spa with outstanding service and treatments. Very friendly staff, service and hospitality. A wonderful beach with a bunch of watersport amenities and an exceptional location in the South of Mauritius at the Indian ocean. We would go there again everytime.

Room Tip: Room 1904 "Pomponette" - quite, nice, ocean and garden view, close to restaurants and beac...
1 Thank Frank B
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay. I am happy to read that you've enjoyed your stay with us and that my team has been able to exceed your expectations. I will pass on your appreciation to them with a special mention to the Spa team.

I do hope to get to welcome you back here again very soon.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We have now become acquainted with over the years some very interesting hotels in the world on holidays. The Hertitage LeTelfair is one of the outstanding highlights. In LeTelfair really everything is perfect. Already the first impression of the built in colonial style hotel provides an understated charm of a solid luxury hotel. The stylish, large and beautifully furnished rooms are cleaned daily by the incredibly friendly staff. Even in the bathroom of our junior suite we felt at the time " of past , glittering days " set back. In each area, you can feel the friendliness and professionalism of the staff. A wide range of restaurants that can be choosed leaves nothing to be desired!
We had booked half board. The main restaurant " Annabella's there in the morning a varied breakfast, which is worth a little highlight, (about 5 € / pp ) to enjoy for a small fee and once in the room. In the evening there was a lovingly prepared 3 -course meal, presented with fresh ingredients, creative and varied. Recommended are the two restaurants Gin'ja (sushi and fish) and the nearby Le Chateau ( obtained from a founder times , landlords stylish villa). The C Beach Club offers an interesting change. Here you can always take "chill" beach parties with specially flown DJ's.
The well-kept and spacious beach offers postcards view. Here you can enjoy what makes Mauritius special: sun, beach, sea, clear water, water skiing, wakeboarding, kitesurfing, windsurfing, glass bottom boat, snorkeling and diving. For every taste, everything is offered. Most of it even included. For guests in Awali and Le Telfair a round at the Hertiage Golf Course is recommended and included in the price! Manicured fairways and greens with one or the other overlooking the ocean makes a round an unforgettable experience. Even in the "Seven Colors Spa" you can relax and enjoy one of the various applications should be offered.
Big thanks you to all who have contributed to this memorable for us, beautiful and luxurious holiday. Most of all, thank you to our companion and butler Savilen, who every day almost every wish "read from the lips" and thus made this holiday as a real highlight.
This hotel beguiled us – we´ll be back for sure!
Petra & Thomas from Germany (Room-Nr. 1808)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Petra and Thomas,

Allow me first of all to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay, thank you also for your appreciation, I am very happy to read that you've enjoyed your stay with us and that my team has managed to exceed your expectations. I will pass on your appreciation to all of them and special mention will be extended to Savilen your personal butler during your stay.

My best personal regards,

West End
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This was our first visit to Mauritius and how it lived up to our expectations WOW!! - a dream location of silver sands, timeless palm trees, with its blue lagoon sporting beautiful accommodation in a wonderful tropical garden background. It was just perfect.
We had a lovely junior suite with a huge bathroom and outside hot/cold shower with a side sea-view over the small pool. With the junior suite comes a "butler" who does everything to make one's holiday memorable like organising your evening dinner reservations, all the activities that you want, plus sorting out the check-in complexities for our flight home. Savilen, our butler could not do enough for us and became a real friend during our 1 week stay. We were sad to say good-bye to him.
Thanks to Savilen we sampled a number of the restaurant on site. Plantation style Annabella's (2 times), The Cyan Beach Club, Le Chateau de del Ombre for traditional Mauritian cuisine, Close to the beach Infinity Blue at the Awali (2 times). Each restaurant had its own immaculate style of fine cuisine. If we had to pick out a memorable meal it was the BEEF FILET at Infinity Blue. On one occasion we dined a la carte Gin'ja for an Asian treat of cooking our own meats on heated stones. For this this we had a 2000 rupees credit and paid the difference. It was a lovely romantic evening here with a some patrons dining at tables set out on the beach. All breakfasts were served at Annabella's where was a fantastic choice from local to eggs bacon and hash brown. All restaurants were served by efficient happy smiling staff. During our stay we took a trip on the glass bottomed boat to see the coral, I tried my hand at archery and we had a magnificent half day fore wheel-drive across the hotel owned Fredericia nature reserve finishing with an (optional) swim at a waterfall in the nature reserve, our guide Fabrice was fabulous giving us a very interesting and knowledgeable tour, which made our day giving us a good insight into the local flora and fauna. We also booked a coach excursion "Colourful South" to see some of local beautiful countryside.

With fair skin not being avid sun worshippers we relaxed mostly in the shade. There were ample number sun beds for us to use and catch up with a good book. We often frequented the beach bar/restaurant for lunch time snacks and delicious cocktails.

Other reviewers have commented on the All Inclusive angle At Le Trelfair the all inclusive dinners are set meals with a limited choice which we found excellent. There were often some a la carte options available but they were on the expensive side but we were more than happy to stick with the table d'hote options. For wine there was always a choice available on all inclusive option. All food and drinks on the all inclusive option were clearly marked with a logo on the menus. In the room mini-bar all soft drinks and beers were on the all inc. option whereas wine and spirits incurred a cost. Surprisingly the all inclusive option was extended to some meals taken on room service. All these options were set out clearly on menus. Wi-Fi in the hotel bedrooms incurred a cost but was free in public areas.
In the evening we often spent pleasant evenings enjoying cocktails at the Cavendish Bar listening to musical entertainment. All in all a fabulous holiday at a fabulous hotel !!

To TripAdvisor team
Have removed a link to the travel agent and its name - hope this is ok now.

Room Tip: A junior suite or superior booked includes the service of a butler.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay. It is with much pleasure that I read that you've enjoyed your stay amongst us. I am glad to read that my team have been able to exceed your expectations and rest assured that I will pass them your appreciation.

Beijing, China
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We were so happy to have a great time there,people are very friendly and nice.we stadied there fo 5 days in a room near the river,you can drink coffee at the balcony in the morning,birds will sing a song for you.The waiters are very friendly and humour,the food are not very suitable for us,because there are not many kinds food loved by Chinese people .the swimming pool is very good and beautiful,there have free wifi.

Room Tip: rooms besides the river are quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zijuan
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay, I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your stay with us and I'm really looking forward to welcome you back again soon.

Just for your information please note that we do have created a 'Chinese Food Corner' on our breakfast buffet which is well appreciated by our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Tamassa Resort
Tamassa Resort
#1 of 6 in Bel Ombre

Been to Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!