“Magical”

Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We visited Mauritius mid September staying at Le Telfair resort which was out of this world and the most perfect place for our wedding.When we arrived we were introduced to our butler Vikash who was fantastic!He booked our evening meals for us each night,ensuring we experienced all of the different restaurants and the food was lovely.If we needed anything he would always sort it out.Vishal was also fantastic.He looked after us when Vikash wasn't there.We were also upgraded to a junior suite with a sea view.It was beautiful waking up each morning to the sight of clear blue waters and the golden sandy beach and our suite was gorgeous.There was a good choice of bars but our favourite was Le Palmier.The bar/restaurant manager Vikesh Jugmohun was amazing.Extremely friendly and warm and went out if his way to make our time at Le Telfair very special,a real asset to Le Telfair,he made sure we were well taken care of.I also have to mention Preetam at Le Palmier.Again he made sure we always had a drink and anything else we needed.Our wedding was part of our package and it was absolutely perfect thanks to our wedding co ordinator Amar.He organised everything for us.We had a couples massage on the morning of our wedding at the seven colours spa.We were totally pampered from head to toe.He also arranged flowers which were beautiful,music of our choice and a photographer who captured memories of our special day.It truly was the best day of my life,he made it so special and I'll never forget it.Le Telfair is a magical experience and we will definitely come back.I can't speak highly enough of the staff,the hotel or the service.I definitely recommend a stay at Le Telfair if you're looking for a relaxing,luxurious and special holiday and we hope to be back very very soon.

Regards,

Ellen and Darren.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank ellenhalliman
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Guests,

Allow me first of all to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay and also thank you for choosing the Resort to celebrate your wedding. I am glad to read that my team managed to exceed your expectations over your stay and more specifically linked to your wedding organisation.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and special mention will be extended to Vikash and Vishal your two butlers, Vikesh and his Palmier team including Preetam and last but not least Amar your wedding coordinator.

We all really wanted to make your wedding day the best of your life and we are so happy to have succeeded.

Amar joins me to hope to get to welcome you back to celebrate your 1st wedding anniversary next year.

Our best personal regards to you.

There are newer reviews for Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort

Reviewed October 22, 2013

A very nice and relaxed, not crowded at all even when fully booked, you don't have to fight for sunbeds etc. Great facilities, especially the activities centre.

Our rooms were facing the river lagoon and the views were extremely pleasing.
The standard room was big and comfortable, although the laminate/plastic (!) flooring was a bit annoyingly poorly laid at some places.

The hotel has probably the best part of the beach in the southern area. All the personnel we dealt with were very nice, professional and flexible.

The only downside was that the reservations were mandatory especially for dinner, and we had to compromise with the choices. Not that there were any bad choices, all the food we ate was very good. We were on all inclusive (Gourmet Bliss or something); it is probably the best way to go as the list prices of food and drinks were on the high side.

I would rate this hotel 4+ star if compared to super high end hotels. But for us the hotel
delivered everything we needed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay, I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your holidays among us.

I have taken good note of your comments related to restaurant bookings, note that sometimes it is hard to accommodate all our guests as per their wishes when the Resort is running full occupancy but I can reassure you that we try to do our best.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and we all do hope to get to welcome you back here again in a close future.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Our experience at the Le Telfair was on the whole a lovely holiday. We came to celebrate my 60th Birthday & our 40th Wedding Anniversary. The day trip out to swim with the Dolphins was magical along with the snorkelling & lunch on the Island had a fabulous time. We wanted to paly golf as much as we could as well as lazy on the beach. Firstly let me say the golf course is beautiful & we really enjoyed our games because they were" FREE" but if you wanted a buggy you had to pay Rupees1980 which to us coming from S Africa was 3 times what we would pay back home. This put a dampener on our game as we could not pay that every time we played so we resorted to a pull trolley. We normally walk when we play but this courses is quite hilly in places & with the heat its not easy.
I could not walk that course every day so that spoilt our games. The one morning we had played very early so after our game we were very hot & tiered so we stopped at the club house for a well deserved drink only to be told when we had finished that we would have to pay for them even though we were on the" Gourmet Bliss" as it was only 10.45am. I think we looked shocked as we had already been charged for a bottle of water to take out on the course that when we complained they said oh its ok you come here quite a bit we wont charge you!!! We were never told about the times that you are allowed to eat or drink either in the Club House or in any of the restaurants & I think like other people we loved the place but were totally confused about what we could & could not eat or drink in what restaurant at what time!!!! If you had been given some kind of guide line as to how each restaurant works & what to look out for on the menu as each restaurant was different it may of eased our embarrassment when having to ask what can we have on the Gourmet Bliss?? I have to say we tried every restaurant in the Domain & we can honestly say" Infinity Blue: on the Awali side was by far the best restaurant, not only the setting but food & staff were top notch & everything on there menu ( apart from the Lobster but that was marked very clearly that you had a supplement on this item) was all included so it was lovely to experience everything on the menu. The rest of the resort was beautiful with something for everyone, entertainment in the Cavendish was excellent & the staff were great it always topped off a great day.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the river, very quiet & we could just see the sea just a bit further to walk...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 444Angie

Dear Guests,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay. I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your holidays and that the team managed to exceed your expectations.

I have taken good note of your comments related to the information on your package and believe me that the Guest Relation team have as strong procedure to diffuse the maximum of information to our guests, I will see where it has blocked in your case.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and special mention will be extended to the Infinity Blue team where you mentioned you've had your best experience and to the Cavendish Bar team.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back again very soon among us and please don't wait for the 50th Wedding anniversary.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you dream about a perfect spot that's the place. Nothing to compare with the other proprieties on the island which are big but no charm.
Cozy boutique resort whit outstanding services, perfect location and amazing beach.
Definitely a hidden gem for the "connoisseurs" and a place that you will remember. Use the spa the bar or the restaurants and they will all please you. Perfect balance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OnlyHighRollers
Reviewed October 12, 2013

A truely beautiful resort, Le Telfair balances extreme comfort with a welcoming layout and room decor. Relaxtion set in as soon as I crossed the threshold at reception and saw the spcaious gardens and swimming pool area, surrounded by the elegant white "colonial" style buildings. The lovely spa area was superb in design and treatments provided. The service provided by all staff was faultless, striking just the right balance between personal and individual attention and professional attitude. As an older woman travelling on her own, I could not have felt more special and well taken care of.

Room Tip: Rooms near the beach are very convenient for swimming but those overlooking the river were so quiet...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Jeanette M
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay and thank you for your appreciation on the Resort and its services, rest assured that I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team.

We do hope to get to welcome you back again very soon.

Our best personal regards to you.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Le Telfair accommodation is stunning. Beautiful white resort with fabulous rooms. A real wow factor when you enter the suite and also the huge beautiful bathroom. Our stay started well with a welcoming refreshing cool scented face cloth and a drink to help us get over the hour long drive from the airport. I loved the range of food at breakfast, from large chunks of freshly cut fruit to cerviche smoked fish, lovely breads etc. So far so good. The trouble really started for us when we ordered something at dinner and were firstly told there would be a supplement -£40 per person for spare ribs! Then told we were not to be charged. At the end of the evening we were then given a bill for our ribs, which we challenged. A very unpleasant 'discussion' ensued and eventually a reluctant restaurant manager came over. We had been given a sheet of paper outlining what was included in our 'all inclusive' package. The manager said we were actually on the Gourmet Bliss package. Apparently the same thing - but not really all inclusive. Each meal after this showed different colour codes with what we could and couldn't have, often much of the menu being excluded and coded blue! To be fair after complaining to the general manager we were treated to a gourmet meal in the Ginja restaurant, which is the best experience in the resort. We cannot speak highly enough of the food and staff there. However the silliness about what is included in 'all inclusive'/Gourmet Bliss continued, with being asked to pay for chips at one meal as they were not included, although they were on the white bit of the menu. As you can surmise all this haggling totally ruined what was a very expensive mistake for us. Oh, and tipping is supposed to be not necessary but we only really experienced smiley service when we tipped, so be warned!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dml34

Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay. I am glad to read that you've enjoyed the settings and the service during your holidays. I would like to excuse my team if ever they were not so clear about the Gourmet Bliss package and rest assured that this is a point that I am going to add up some deep training to .

I will pass on your appreciation to the Gin'ja team who made you enjoy your best experience of your holidays.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back here again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

From the moment you arrive until you unfortunately depart you are treated like a king. The rooms are large and comfortable. Ask for a sea view, even if it costs extra it will blow away all that noise in your head from back in the city. I almost forgot that I had to get back to the real world eventually.
The cuisine is pleasing to the eye and the taste and no stone is left unturned. The hotel offers a wide variety of venues for dinner and all are vastly different. From Sea view to Chateau and all in between.
Well connected to reasonably priced excursions on boats and catamarans (a must do). Even the hotel Mountain bikes are in good shape and allowed an excursion of a different kind up the Mauritian hills. There is simply too much to do and sitting still is difficult

Room Tip: Sea view ground floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Werner_inSA
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs,

I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your holidays, I do hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
#1 of 6 in Bel Ombre
LUX* Belle Mare
LUX* Belle Mare
#1 of 13 in Belle Mare

Been to Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!