Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort (Closed for renovation)
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Perth, Australia
“Being spoilt”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

A truely beautiful resort, Le Telfair balances extreme comfort with a welcoming layout and room decor. Relaxtion set in as soon as I crossed the threshold at reception and saw the spcaious gardens and swimming pool area, surrounded by the elegant white "colonial" style buildings. The lovely spa area was superb in design and treatments provided. The service provided by all staff was faultless, striking just the right balance between personal and individual attention and professional attitude. As an older woman travelling on her own, I could not have felt more special and well taken care of.

Room Tip: Rooms near the beach are very convenient for swimming but those overlooking the river were so quiet...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jeanette M
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort (Closed for renovation), responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay and thank you for your appreciation on the Resort and its services, rest assured that I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team.

We do hope to get to welcome you back again very soon.

Our best personal regards to you.

Lindley Thomen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Scotland
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Le Telfair accommodation is stunning. Beautiful white resort with fabulous rooms. A real wow factor when you enter the suite and also the huge beautiful bathroom. Our stay started well with a welcoming refreshing cool scented face cloth and a drink to help us get over the hour long drive from the airport. I loved the range of food at breakfast, from large chunks of freshly cut fruit to cerviche smoked fish, lovely breads etc. So far so good. The trouble really started for us when we ordered something at dinner and were firstly told there would be a supplement -£40 per person for spare ribs! Then told we were not to be charged. At the end of the evening we were then given a bill for our ribs, which we challenged. A very unpleasant 'discussion' ensued and eventually a reluctant restaurant manager came over. We had been given a sheet of paper outlining what was included in our 'all inclusive' package. The manager said we were actually on the Gourmet Bliss package. Apparently the same thing - but not really all inclusive. Each meal after this showed different colour codes with what we could and couldn't have, often much of the menu being excluded and coded blue! To be fair after complaining to the general manager we were treated to a gourmet meal in the Ginja restaurant, which is the best experience in the resort. We cannot speak highly enough of the food and staff there. However the silliness about what is included in 'all inclusive'/Gourmet Bliss continued, with being asked to pay for chips at one meal as they were not included, although they were on the white bit of the menu. As you can surmise all this haggling totally ruined what was a very expensive mistake for us. Oh, and tipping is supposed to be not necessary but we only really experienced smiley service when we tipped, so be warned!

2 Thank Dml34
Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay. I am glad to read that you've enjoyed the settings and the service during your holidays. I would like to excuse my team if ever they were not so clear about the Gourmet Bliss package and rest assured that this is a point that I am going to add up some deep training to .

I will pass on your appreciation to the Gin'ja team who made you enjoy your best experience of your holidays.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back here again soon.

Pretoria, South Africa
Reviewed October 7, 2013

From the moment you arrive until you unfortunately depart you are treated like a king. The rooms are large and comfortable. Ask for a sea view, even if it costs extra it will blow away all that noise in your head from back in the city. I almost forgot that I had to get back to the real world eventually.
The cuisine is pleasing to the eye and the taste and no stone is left unturned. The hotel offers a wide variety of venues for dinner and all are vastly different. From Sea view to Chateau and all in between.
Well connected to reasonably priced excursions on boats and catamarans (a must do). Even the hotel Mountain bikes are in good shape and allowed an excursion of a different kind up the Mauritian hills. There is simply too much to do and sitting still is difficult

Room Tip: Sea view ground floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Werner_inSA
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort (Closed for renovation), responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Dear Mr and Mrs,

I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your holidays, I do hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 6, 2013

We spent a week at the Le Telfair in late September. If we had written our review the day we left, we would have used a number of superlatives. However on leaving the Le Telfair, we transferred to the Le Prince Maurice Hotel for a further week. The latter hotel delivers a different level of service and in my opinion, it puts the way the hotels in Mauritius are rated. If the Prince Maurice is 5 star, then Le Telfair is really a solid 4 star hotel. And using the same criteria, the Awali is 3 star and the Belle Mere Plage a 4 star hotel, not 4 and 5 respectively. Perhaps it is time to rate some of the top hotels as 6 star?

The Le Telfair is less than 10 years old so there is little wear and tear in evidence. The architecture is colonial style – very attractive and pleasing on the eye. Although the hotel has a relaxed feel, this does not mean sloppy service. The staff are polite, helpful and really appear to enjoy working there. The hotel owners are investing in team building initiatives.

We had a beach front room – definitely worth the upgrade price – waking up to the sea view and turquoise colours – was fantastic. Following this with a magnificent array of options for breakfast got the day started really well. We enjoyed our lunches at the Cyan in the C Club – less so, at the pool bar Le Palmier and the Club House at the golf club. We had our best dinner of the week at the Gin’Ja - the Norwegian Salmon on a bed of noodles was the culinary highlight of the week. The Chateau de Bel is promoted but after one dinner, we didn’t feel motivated to return. The main restaurant is Annabella’s where breakfast is served. We stayed on a half board and had the price to venture on the A La Carte been more realistic, we would have done so more regularly. The half board credit is inadequate

There are plenty of activities for all age groups – both on sea and dry land. The affiliated Heritage Golf Course was a big surprise – the tees and fairways are as good as any I have played in UK, Ireland, Europe or USA. The greens are in excellent condition but far too slow. In my opinion, the Heritage is in better condition than either the Legend or the Links at Belle Mere.

In summary, we would definitely consider returning to the Le Telfair for a regular holiday. However, the holiday was to celebrate a more special occasion, we would squeeze the budget and seek to enjoy the truly world class service available elsewhere.

Room Tip: Beach front - well worth the upgrade cost
2 Thank David H
Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay and thank you for your valuable comments. I do understand your points concerning the stars but just note that a Resort of 90 rooms and a Resort of 158 rooms have different settings and approach.

I am glad to read that you've enjoyed the Golf Course as it is indeed the best one on the island in terms of green keeping. I will pass on your appreciation to the Gin'ja team where you mentioned you've had the best meal of your stay.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back again very soon.

Zwevegem, Belgium
Reviewed October 6, 2013

A paradise on a paradise Island!
This is a superb hotel with still the high fashion service of a 5* star, which you hardly can find in EU.
Spacious, well ACed rooms, with amazing view. A good restaurant and a lovely bar.
The wellness is super relaxing, with an small pool but amazing showers.
Everything just breaths the relaxed atmosphere.
A perfect escape from the stressy western world and an amazing golf course!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bishop's Stortford, England
Reviewed October 3, 2013

It has taken 15 years to persuade my Caribbean mad other half to go to Mauritius and he "gave in" because I have a big birthday coming up!! I am a travel agent and therefore he expects everything to be perfect on our own holidays....

Criteria was golf, all inclusive and a very good standard of accommodation. Le Telfair on the gourmet bliss package ticked every box. The golf course was for him fantastic and he was paired up every time and then made friends to play with the next day. I played the nine hole which was lovely as we were the only ones on there and my inexperience and therefore taking rather a bit of time just did not matter.

I was a bit dubious about the gourmet bliss and not being able to choose what we wanted but the variety at all of the restaurants was good and if you told the waiters straight away it was very easy plus you just had to look for the Domaine sign next to an entry on the menu.

I did struggle to decide between Le Telfair and the Awali and we definitely made the right choice. We much preferred the colonial feel of Le Telfair and although we tried the Balafon buffet at the Awali, our evening meal is an occasion and we like a la carte. Food was super in all of the restaurants however the best service was at Infinity Blue at the Awali...!!!

Our room was fabulous and many thanks to Salim and Vishray for their attention. All of the staff went out of their way to be helpful and a particular mention to Jonathon in the Cavendish Bar who was outstanding.

A golfers dream, lots to do and my biggest problem is now going to be getting him to go anywhere else!!

Room Tip: We had a senior suite, but all of the rooms are spacious and beautiful.
1 Thank May_Maggie
Dear Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen the Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay and thank you for having worked hard on your husband to get him to come to the island of Mauritius...I do hope now that the more difficult has been done and that he will be the one booking the island next time.

I will pass on your appreciation to my entire team and special mention will be given to Salim, Vishray, Jonathan and the Infinity Blue team where you mentioned you've been the most impressed by the service.

I am really looking forward to welcome you back here again soon.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I am sat on our patio looking out to the stunning indian ocean really not wanting to leave today after a perfect stay at this amazing resort. We spent a lot of time researching the ideal location and hotel for our honeymoon and we found it! Everything about our stay has been perfect. We opted for a junior suite and were allocated room 501 which we think is the best location of all the suites, directly on to the beach and quietly tooked away. Laying in bed looking out to sea has been a highlight. The food has been amazing, we have particularily enjoyed lunch on the beach at Le Palmier and dinner in Annabellas preceded and follwed by drinks in the Cavendish bar.The rooms and whole complex are immaculately maintained and spotless. The thing that has stood our for us though are the staff. Without exception, the staff have been friendly, efficient, helpful and all appear to be enjoying their work. We had a butler as part of our package and were a bit uncomfortable about this concept before we came but actually it has been really helpful to have someone at hand to help with queries etc. Kanul was first class in this respect, discreet but always available and very helpful and a really nice young man. Kaviraj in Annabella's was very pleasant and efficient, Geremie, a water on the beach front was a star and Visham in the Cavendish bar kept our drinks flowing very nicely!!
All in all, a perfect stay. The management should be very proud of their resort and staff team. Thank you.

Room Tip: If opting for a junior suite, ask for beach front as some just have sea view and request ground floo...
Dear Guests,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent stay, I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your holidays.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and more specifically to Kunal your butler, Geremie from the beach service, Kaviraj from the Annabella's restaurant and Visham from the Cavendish bar.

We all do hope to get to welcome you back here again in a close future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,411 reviews
Dinarobin Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Shanti Maurice - A Nira Resort
Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort (Closed for renovation)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort (Closed for renovation)

Property: Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort (Closed for renovation)
Address: B9 Coastal Road, Bel Ombre, Mauritius 61002
Location: Mauritius > Savanne District > Bel Ombre
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Spa Hotel in Bel Ombre
#2 Romantic Hotel in Bel Ombre
#2 Family Hotel in Bel Ombre
#2 Luxury Hotel in Bel Ombre
#2 On the Beach Hotel in Bel Ombre
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:5 star — Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort (Closed for renovation) 5*
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort offers a variety of luxury accommodation in a discrete village design with 20 different villas of 6 or 8 rooms. 158 rooms and suites have beautiful sea views or river views with floor to ceiling French windows, private balconies or verandas. Heritage Le Telfair is a member of Small & Luxury Hotels of the world. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TravelClick, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort (Closed for renovation) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Heritage Le Telfair Golf And Spa Resort
Heritage Le Telfair Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
Le Telfair Hotel
Hotel Le Telfair
Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort (Closed For Renovation) Mauritius/Bel Ombre