“Made business a real pleasure!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort

Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Tamarin, Mauritius
“Made business a real pleasure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I recently ran two 2-day conferences at the Heritage Le Telfair, and I want to thank the reception staff, the hospitality team that helped set up the conference room, the kitchen staff who prepared our food and the management team who made sure no request was ever too much. Together you all ensured the events were a great success.

One morning I was feeling unwell and was taken straight to the resident nurse who managed to get me back on my feet to finish the conference. Thank you for that!

Overall the service was impeccable, the food exquisite and the general ambience was one of quiet professionalism, humility and attention to detail. The hotel itself is beautiful and although I didn't get much chance to relax, since I was working, my stay at Le Telfair made my work a real pleasure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Heritage Le Telfair, allow me to thank you for your kind words and your appreciation. I am glad to read that my team managed to exceed your expectations which made your professional visit a positive one.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back here again in a close future but this time in a relaxing mode.

My best personal regards to you,
Lindley Thomen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Polish first
Stirling, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

This hotel met every specification requirement for our holiday - plus some. Everyone at the hotel takes a pride in their work and provides a warm genuine welcome. From the reception staff (:-)) on arrival to the Cavendish Bar and Annabella's. The ocean room views are exactly as in the photographs with impeccable servicing. Jennifer and her advice for visits can be completely trusted and proved more valuable than that from our tour company rep. The facilities ensured that everyone had what they required with the golf course and spa providing true high lights. From the Manager to the hotel gardener and golf groundcrew ensured a personal and warm welcome. Not to forget Dominique's escorted Quad trip to the nature reserve. First holiday we have ever said we will be back.

Room Tip: Ocean View rooms near Gin Ja
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Barry E
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen Heritage Le Telfair for your recent family holidays.I am glad to read that you've had a fantastic experience and that you are already thinking of being back again.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire staff with special mention to the reception staff, the Cavendish Bar staff and the Annabella's team. Your appreciation will also be passed on to Jennifer your private butler and to Dominique who escorted you on your quad bike trip.

We are all really looking forward to welcome you back here again...don't be long!!!

My best personal regards to you.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Spent 1 week at the Le Telfair, arriving evening of 26 June and departing 3 July 2013. It is set in the most beautiful lush gardens and has a wonderful relaxing atmosphere. The weather for the 'winter' was great as we experienced warm wind free days where we could swim and soak up the sun. We had the full-board package which included lunch which had a wide choice of different restaurants to choose from. Found the choice of dinners limited as the restaurants not allocated in the package were hugely over priced.The water-sports(water-skiing, snorkeling), were most days not operational as a result of low-tide. Also found the additional water sports (not included) over-priced. The staff are all exceptionally helpful and friendly. The surrounding area is quiet as there are few shops around. The fitness centre is well-equipped and our kids enjoyed spending time there. Teenagers could become bored at times as there is not much happening in entertainment at night (shows etc.) We would visit it again but for a shorter period and combine it with a stay at another resort on a different part of the island.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms facing the smaller pool area, private and direct access to beach.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Love618
Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent family holidays.I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your stay with us. I have taken good note of your comments which will for sure allow me to improve the offering. We sometimes need to do with the problem of tides concerning sea activities, fortunately this does not last long.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team who made your holidays an enjoyable one.

I do hope to get to welcome you and the family soon again as you mentioned that you will visit us again.

My best personal regards to you and to the family.
Louis Trichardt, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We made a last minute decision to escape to Mauritius for a once in a lifetime holiday and were offered an amazing deal by Beachtag to stay at Heritage Le Telfair. I was looking for a place that would keep two teenage girls and a 6 year old son happy as well as somewhere where my husband and I could have time to ourselves and just relax. The experience was beyond all our expectations from the architecture to the levels of service, the food, the atmosphere, the beach, the rooms and the live entertainment each evening. I had read through other reviews on Trip advisor and looked at as many pictures as I could find before we left and although a beautiful picture was painted, nothing came close to actually being there. I would like to thank the following people who made the trip extra special for us (I know that each person may spell their name differently so hope I get them mostly right): The lady who checked us in, 'Swaati', Ashley (maatjie) and Jimmy at Gin-Ja, Jeramie (love your smile and sense of humour), Suzy (who cleaned our room with a special touch and such care), Steve who taught me to do Tai Chi with 'a smile on my heart', Steeve who rollerbladed with my kids, Razi who took our son fishing under the bridge and taught him a new way of fishing with a recycled water bottle, Luciano who took so much care in showing Finn how to snorkel, Juaneeta who organised a dream 'bucket list' trip to swim with the dolphins, Paz, who ensured that Annabella's was our favourite place to eat, Rashni at the shop who went out of her way to help me, the ladies at Reception who helped me plan our day trip, 'Coco', (thanks for the paint sample!). I could write a few pages more but will end off here saying that it was simply the best holiday and we couldn't have asked for more.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor pool and sea facing room and loved it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Leshiba
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Dear Mrs,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent family holidays. Thank you for commenting so nicely on your recent stay. I am really glad to read that you've had together with the whole family a fantastic experience during the time you spent in Le Telfair.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and will have a special mention for Swaati who welcomed you, Ashley and Jimmy from the Gin'ja restaurant, Jeremie from the beach team, Suzy your room maid, both Steve from the Activity Centre, Razi the fisherman teacher of your son, Luciano, Juanita, Paz, Rashni, Coco and the ladies at the Reception.

We all do hope to get to welcome you back here again in a close future.

My best personal regards to you, your husband and the children.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have just returned home from spending ten days at Le Telfair. We had a superb holiday with excellent service from the moment we arrived until we said our goodbyes today. Special mention goes to Amar, who welcomed us and treated us with utmost professionalism whenever we crossed paths. The dining room staff at Annabella's were exceptional. Once again the service we received and friendly, courteous people were all outstanding. Chef Carl and his team provided excellent cuisine. I must mention Eddy, Selvyn, Lucinda, Kaviraj who made our dining experiences great. The accommodation and facilities were top-notch. Good job! We will be back next year...

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Fubbalo
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent family holidays. I am glad to read that you have had a wonderful experience and that the team managed to exceed your expectations.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and special mention will be delivered to Amar from the Guest Relation team, the Annabella's dining room staff, Chef Carl, Eddy, Selvyn, Lucinda and Kaviraj.

I am also glad to read that we will all have the opportunity to welcome you back here again next year, we are all looking forward to that.

My best personal regards to you and the whole family.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've just returned from a stay at Le Telfair and can think of no place I'd rather have been. It is truly amazing. Beautiful, stunning, effortlessly understated, uber friendly and so so welcoming. I planning a trip, there's little need to even consider staying elsewhere. Le Telfair has it all ...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent holidays, I am pleased to read that you've enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back here soon.

My best personal regards to you,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a fantastic andimmaculate hotel made even better by wonderful staff.Their service was in excess of 5 star.From first entering the hotel to the day we left we were treated as house guests and always welcomed home! Our room was on the beach front,where you could hear the surf breaking on the coral reef from your bath! The gardens,pools,restaurants,reception,spa,gym,beach club,chateau,Ginja ,golf club and not forgetting The Cavendish bar were spotless and most professionally run.You were always made welcome.
The hotel is masterfully run by Lindley Tomen,who is highly visible and clearly cares a great deal for both the hotel and his staff. Sunil is his food and beverage manager,who constantly checks that the service remains in excess of 5 star.
Annita in reception,Vinay and Jonathan in The Cavandish bar,Parama Selven ,Gopal and the Don at the Palmeir, Miachael,Kris at Ginja, Kerwin and his wife,Mr Big,Annjilee,at Annabells.Amrish in guest relations. Apologies for misplacing your name of the extremely attentive and first class service for the gentleman who named the little black and white cat "Jagwa"! you added a very personal touch!
Thank you to all the staff at this most wonderfull hotel. We will be back!!

Room Tip: The Gourmet Bliss package is extremely good value for UK guests and is available via 'Hays and J...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M0J02011
Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent holidays. I am happy to read that you have had a wonderful stay with us. It was all my pleasure to meet with you both and to get to serve you as per your expectations.

I will pass on your appreciation to my entire team and will have a special word to Anita from the reception, Vinay and Jonathan from the Cavendish Bar, Parama Selven and Gopal from Le Palmier, Michael and Kris from The Gin'ja, Kerwin and Anjillee from Annabellas, Amrish from the Guest Relation and Sunil from the Food and Beverage department.

All these dedicated persons will be waiting to welcome you back here again and in a close future.

Our best personal regards to you from us all.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bel Ombre
The Oberoi, Mauritius
#1 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,378 reviews
Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!