“Beautiful resort”

Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Spent 1 week at the Le Telfair, arriving evening of 26 June and departing 3 July 2013. It is set in the most beautiful lush gardens and has a wonderful relaxing atmosphere. The weather for the 'winter' was great as we experienced warm wind free days where we could swim and soak up the sun. We had the full-board package which included lunch which had a wide choice of different restaurants to choose from. Found the choice of dinners limited as the restaurants not allocated in the package were hugely over priced.The water-sports(water-skiing, snorkeling), were most days not operational as a result of low-tide. Also found the additional water sports (not included) over-priced. The staff are all exceptionally helpful and friendly. The surrounding area is quiet as there are few shops around. The fitness centre is well-equipped and our kids enjoyed spending time there. Teenagers could become bored at times as there is not much happening in entertainment at night (shows etc.) We would visit it again but for a shorter period and combine it with a stay at another resort on a different part of the island.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms facing the smaller pool area, private and direct access to beach.
1  Thank Love618
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent family holidays.I am glad to read that you've enjoyed your stay with us. I have taken good note of your comments which will for sure allow me to improve the offering. We sometimes need to do with the problem of tides concerning sea activities, fortunately this does not last long.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team who made your holidays an enjoyable one.

I do hope to get to welcome you and the family soon again as you mentioned that you will visit us again.

My best personal regards to you and to the family.
Lindley Thomen

Write a ReviewReviews (2,041)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We made a last minute decision to escape to Mauritius for a once in a lifetime holiday and were offered an amazing deal by Beachtag to stay at Heritage Le Telfair. I was looking for a place that would keep two teenage girls and a 6 year old son happy as well as somewhere where my husband and I could have time to ourselves and just relax. The experience was beyond all our expectations from the architecture to the levels of service, the food, the atmosphere, the beach, the rooms and the live entertainment each evening. I had read through other reviews on Trip advisor and looked at as many pictures as I could find before we left and although a beautiful picture was painted, nothing came close to actually being there. I would like to thank the following people who made the trip extra special for us (I know that each person may spell their name differently so hope I get them mostly right): The lady who checked us in, 'Swaati', Ashley (maatjie) and Jimmy at Gin-Ja, Jeramie (love your smile and sense of humour), Suzy (who cleaned our room with a special touch and such care), Steve who taught me to do Tai Chi with 'a smile on my heart', Steeve who rollerbladed with my kids, Razi who took our son fishing under the bridge and taught him a new way of fishing with a recycled water bottle, Luciano who took so much care in showing Finn how to snorkel, Juaneeta who organised a dream 'bucket list' trip to swim with the dolphins, Paz, who ensured that Annabella's was our favourite place to eat, Rashni at the shop who went out of her way to help me, the ladies at Reception who helped me plan our day trip, 'Coco', (thanks for the paint sample!). I could write a few pages more but will end off here saying that it was simply the best holiday and we couldn't have asked for more.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor pool and sea facing room and loved it.
3  Thank KathrynH12Leshiba
Mr_LindleyThomen, General Manager at Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Dear Mrs,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent family holidays. Thank you for commenting so nicely on your recent stay. I am really glad to read that you've had together with the whole family a fantastic experience during the time you spent in Le Telfair.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and will have a special mention for Swaati who welcomed you, Ashley and Jimmy from the Gin'ja restaurant, Jeremie from the beach team, Suzy your room maid, both Steve from the Activity Centre, Razi the fisherman teacher of your son, Luciano, Juanita, Paz, Rashni, Coco and the ladies at the Reception.

We all do hope to get to welcome you back here again in a close future.

My best personal regards to you, your husband and the children.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We have just returned home from spending ten days at Le Telfair. We had a superb holiday with excellent service from the moment we arrived until we said our goodbyes today. Special mention goes to Amar, who welcomed us and treated us with utmost professionalism whenever we crossed paths. The dining room staff at Annabella's were exceptional. Once again the service we received and friendly, courteous people were all outstanding. Chef Carl and his team provided excellent cuisine. I must mention Eddy, Selvyn, Lucinda, Kaviraj who made our dining experiences great. The accommodation and facilities were top-notch. Good job! We will be back next year...

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Fubbalo

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent family holidays. I am glad to read that you have had a wonderful experience and that the team managed to exceed your expectations.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and special mention will be delivered to Amar from the Guest Relation team, the Annabella's dining room staff, Chef Carl, Eddy, Selvyn, Lucinda and Kaviraj.

I am also glad to read that we will all have the opportunity to welcome you back here again next year, we are all looking forward to that.

My best personal regards to you and the whole family.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I've just returned from a stay at Le Telfair and can think of no place I'd rather have been. It is truly amazing. Beautiful, stunning, effortlessly understated, uber friendly and so so welcoming. I planning a trip, there's little need to even consider staying elsewhere. Le Telfair has it all ...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Mr,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent holidays, I am pleased to read that you've enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back here soon.

My best personal regards to you,

Reviewed July 7, 2013

This is a fantastic andimmaculate hotel made even better by wonderful staff.Their service was in excess of 5 star.From first entering the hotel to the day we left we were treated as house guests and always welcomed home! Our room was on the beach front,where you could hear the surf breaking on the coral reef from your bath! The gardens,pools,restaurants,reception,spa,gym,beach club,chateau,Ginja ,golf club and not forgetting The Cavendish bar were spotless and most professionally run.You were always made welcome.
The hotel is masterfully run by Lindley Tomen,who is highly visible and clearly cares a great deal for both the hotel and his staff. Sunil is his food and beverage manager,who constantly checks that the service remains in excess of 5 star.
Annita in reception,Vinay and Jonathan in The Cavandish bar,Parama Selven ,Gopal and the Don at the Palmeir, Miachael,Kris at Ginja, Kerwin and his wife,Mr Big,Annjilee,at Annabells.Amrish in guest relations. Apologies for misplacing your name of the extremely attentive and first class service for the gentleman who named the little black and white cat "Jagwa"! you added a very personal touch!
Thank you to all the staff at this most wonderfull hotel. We will be back!!

Room Tip: The Gourmet Bliss package is extremely good value for UK guests and is available via 'Hays and J...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank M0J02011

Dear Guests,

I would like to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent holidays. I am happy to read that you have had a wonderful stay with us. It was all my pleasure to meet with you both and to get to serve you as per your expectations.

I will pass on your appreciation to my entire team and will have a special word to Anita from the reception, Vinay and Jonathan from the Cavendish Bar, Parama Selven and Gopal from Le Palmier, Michael and Kris from The Gin'ja, Kerwin and Anjillee from Annabellas, Amrish from the Guest Relation and Sunil from the Food and Beverage department.

All these dedicated persons will be waiting to welcome you back here again and in a close future.

Our best personal regards to you from us all.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My first time in Mauritius and I have fallen in love with this country. Heritage Le Telfair is everything we imagined it to be and more.

The welcome and concierge service was the start of excellence. Welcome drinks with a quick efficient check in process. Luggage delivered to our complimentary upgraded sea-view rooms, all ready and waiting to welcome our stay.

The rooms are well appointed: comfortable bed, interactive TV with messaging updates from the hotel desk and a large spacious bathroom with a relaxing rain shower.
The rooms, resort facilities and beaches are exactly as the pictures on the website depict them to be.
Cleanliness is a priority at this resort, the rooms were kept clean at all times and fresh towels ready and waiting when you return after venturing out.

We were on full board, excluded drinks. The meals were delicious and well presented. Chef Carl even had a special dish made for my family on request. We went out on tour one day and had delicious food in picnic boxes wrapped for us prior to departing on tour. The restaurants are great, we ate mainly at Ginga at night, due to Anabellas being under maintenance. The restuarant staff were simply the freindliest lot of people that were willing to make your experience such a pleasurable one. Thanks to Vikesh,Lucinda, Jimmy and Yas for their efficient and great service. Since we were leaving prior to lunch on the last day, Vikesh went out of his way to provide us lunch to take with and we appreciate his kindness. He also arranged for my parents to have a coconut drink from freshly cut coconuts :)
Lunches were had at the various restaurants including Infinity Blue and the Golf Club. All were delicious, including the ice creams for a cool down. For fine dining experience we ate at the Le Chateau Bel Ombre, and it is fine dining indeed. The low down is that the price of drinks are expensive.

The water sports,kids club plus sport facilities incluing snooker, tennis, board games, pool tables, table tennis, gym, golf course, pitch and putt and the 5 star spa compliment this resort tremendously.

My son was ill early hours of one morning and Abhishek at reception immediately arranged a comfortable taxi to take us to a clinic 45 minutes away. We were amazed at the care and affection shown to our son who recovered very quickly. There is a nurse facility available at Awali, next door and we also used this free of charge. The nurse was great to help my son stop a nose bleed from recurring. Great stuff is all I can say.

We stayed between 22-29 June and we had awesome weather, only a few rain showers in between.

Every evening there was a different band at Cavendish to entertain us and were served drinks by Jonathon and Jose, who were such great guys. All the staff, including the cleaners were always freindly and showed such enthusiasm in their work.

Thanks to Salim, who ensured that we had no issues and always willing to ensure that we were happy during our stay. Thanks Nishta and the ladies at reception for your freindly attitude and the same to all the staff at this great resort.

Harish Haripershad

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views of the sea.
5  Thank Harish H

Dear Mr Haripershad,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent holidays. Thank you also for commenting so nicely on your experience, I am so glad to read that you've enjoyed your time with us.

I will pass on your appreciation to the entire team and specifically to the Concierge team who kicked start your holidays, to Chef Carl who did organise some special dishes for your family, to the restaurant staff, Vikesh, Lucinda, Jimmy, Yas, Jose and Jonathan from the Cavendish bar.

I do hope your son completely recovered from his sickness now, Abishek and the nurse do send him their best regards.

You do also have the friendly regards of Salim and Nishta.

I do hope to get the chance to welcome you and the whole family again in a close future and we will get the fresh coconut ready.

My best personal regards to you,
GENERAL MANAGER

Reviewed June 29, 2013

very good hotel, very good food. all stuff was very friendly and always tried to help and do a perfect service particularly Ms.Hanista staff try to help lot of things .In all honesty this is the most fantastic place. I have 2 children aged 09, 3 and they absolutely loved it. The location is faultless, sunsets are brilliant and the hotel ambiance is warm, calm, clean and very inviting.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank arasanmaha

Dear Mr and Mrs,

Allow me to thank you for having chosen The Heritage Le Telfair for your recent holidays. It was a real pleasure to have had you and your family in my Resort.

I will pass on your appreciation to my entire staff and specifically to Hanishta. I do hope to get the chance to welcome you back again soon.

Big kisses to your two children and my best personal regards to you,
GENERAL MANAGER

Shanti Maurice Resort & Spa
The Oberoi, Mauritius
The Oberoi, Mauritius
#1 of 8 in Pointe Aux Piments

Been to Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort? Share your experiences!