Start at the beginning; we flew Emirates business class which entitled us to a limo service from Bath to LHR. The service was 'spot on' and well worth the £50 (£44 + tip) supplement each way.
The flight was great although the stop at Dubai necessitated a change of terminals which was a bit of a bore.
The Telfair hotel is very nice and definitely more up-market than the Heritage Awali, which is the sister hotel next door. The latter looked tired by comparison. We had a beach front suite (room 102) which was super and opted foe the all Inclusive "gourmet bliss" package which was well worth the extra cost in that we had to worry very little about F&B. Having said that we still managed to spend over £1000 in extras (8 spa treatments, 6 golf buggies etc) but it was our anniversary and was our choice (and we thought it well worth it). All the staff were brilliant and the manager (Stephan Lagesse) was one of the nicest and most accommodating hotel managers we've ever met. The day of our anniversary he arranged a special table on the beach at the Gin'ja and we enjoyed a fabulous lobster dinner with champagne and a very nice Sauvignon Blanc.
The restaurants are all great: Gin'ja, Chateaux, Annabella's, Infinity Blue to name but four we enjoyed.I would most certainly recommend this hotel. If I had to make a critique, and believe me it was hard to find fault, in our second week we had a family with three rather energetic and quite vocal children next door and maybe I am getting old but it might be better to put families in areas of the hotel where those on honeymoon or anniversaries can enjoy a bit of quiet first thing in the morning.
We did visit the Dinarobin (where we sent our honeymoon 10 yrs ago) and were given freedom to wander wherever we liked so we took in the entire facility. We were extremely impressed at the incredible newness/ambience we observed, only to be told it had undergone a £9M refurbishment 2 yrs ago. It really looked super yet they only had 30% occupancy I put it down to the fact that a number of new hotels have sprung up with on-site golf. In the afternoon we visited Le Paradis and played 18 holes but the course was not as good as the Heritage and we were told it now ranks about 3rd or fourth on thew island as you also have the Heritage, Four Seasons Anahita, Le Touessrok, Belle Mar Plage, Tamarina and possibly the Saint-Geran.
We would definitely go back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort offers a variety of luxury accommodation in a discrete village design with 20 different villas of 6 or 8 rooms. 158 rooms and suites have beautiful sea views or river views with floor to ceiling French windows, private balconies or verandas. Heritage Le Telfair is a member of Small & Luxury Hotels of the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelClick, Agoda, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf And Spa Resort
- Le Telfair Hotel
- Hotel Le Telfair
- Heritage Le Telfair Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre